What's new

Guide - Erron Black The 2-11-22 thread

Noob
I actually find the xxDF2 easy. 100% of the time easy. I have not once landed the xxDBF2. Glad I read this thread. Will be practicing with the timing recommended over the weekend.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I actually find the xxDF2 easy. 100% of the time easy. I have not once landed the xxDBF2. Glad I read this thread. Will be practicing with the timing recommended over the weekend.
No, just finish the BnB by a slide now. Command grab is useless because it will leave you at -2 on hit.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Although you are correct about the three steps VS five, there is an easier method still. For the full string, I use 2 tilde 1, 1 tilde 2, 2 [tilde, slide, roll, whatever term you use] simply sliding your thumb, if that's what you use, from 2 to 1, then 1 to 2, then 2. This also makes using part of the string less button presses than the 2,11,22. As you can do 2 tilde 1, 1, canceled into slide, sand grenade, toss or trap on block.

Kung Lao's tricky string is also three easy steps, being... 1, 1 tilde 2, 1 tilde 2.

Last edited:

Noob
Is that really an issue with the command grab. You still leaving them on the ground giving you a chance to step back right. Or are they able to get up from it quick enough to punish. I haven't got it right so I don't know myself. Plus it can be MB'd which is pretty decent. I think its cool he has so many options off the 21122 that he can cancel into. I see people saying he is no longer top tier. Is it all based on him not having the command grab at his disposal. Which as I said, I'm sure is still fine. What else got nerfed. I haven't updated yet. Will be doing it tomorrow.

Noob
And to that, what benefit do you get ending with the slide and not the stab. If your back is against the corner the slide would be good since it sends them over you. But if you have them in the corner you would almost always want to end with the stab. Between the stab and the slide of course.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
No, just finish the BnB by a slide now. Command grab is useless because it will leave you at -2 on hit.
Sand Trap isn't actually -2, it's like +6-9 on hit. It's still very useful for tick throws and max damage.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Sand Trap isn't actually -2, it's like +6-9 on hit. It's still very useful for tick throws and max damage.
Tick throw isn't BnB, and max damage I'm not sure. Slide makes similar stuff (maybe -1%). +6-9 ? To me it's like 0. Anyway, with the slide you are still at +25 and you can cross them up before they wakeup.

Noob
Its good just to have multiple options to cancel the string. Slide is great if they are blocking high. The comand grab is great if you land the whole string. Tarkartan blade is a good ender if you think they will neutral duck and there back is towards the corner. If you slid at that point you would end up in the corner. At advantage yes. But still in the corner. Tarkartan blade can cancel the string early if you think they are waiting for the command grab. You could cancel early into sand toss as well. Since sand toss after the string will get them in the air and not be beneficial to continuing the combo. Its very simple to get the command grab. I was struggling trying to figure out the timing. I tried counting which some of my mates do with their characters. I tried watching to find a visual cue which others do. But what I found best is to just listen to the attack. The fourth hit has a deeper tone. As soon as I hear that deep tone I start the DBF2. It finishes as the opponent gets airborne. And it grabs him straight out of the air. This timing works if he is grounded when you start the 21122 string and if he is falling and you start juggling him. And agreed. The best way to input the 21122 command is to slide from 2-1. Slide from 1-2. And then press 2. Three actions. Its quick. Its not tricky to think which button to press since its down up press pretty much. And it leaves you with plenty of time to mentally prep for the deep tone on the fourth hit.

Noob
I like having trickier inputs to be honest. It makes the character more fun to play. Plus I get fidgety if I'm not doing anything. It seems easier to do longer combos if they require more inputs as well. Since timing and waiting for the right moment doesn't play in to it so much. I don't play online so I don't optimize my style for online play. So that might have something to do with the reasoning.

Noob
"The best way to input the 21122 command is to slide from 2-1. Slide from 1-2. And then press 2. Three actions. Its quick"

How do you get enough time to cancel into ex-sand using that method haha xD?

Noob
Its extremely easy. You finish doing the action before the third attack hits. If you do it fast its finished around the second hit.

Noob
What do you do to get the command grab done. If I press each button on its own there is time to do the ex sand. With the sliding method there is even more time. Can somebody make a finger shot video of doing this.

Noob
211(2)2

Input down, back, forward when you reach the 2 in the bracket, then once the animation is done, press Triangle. I like to do forward down back forward instead since it ensures I won't bring out the stab by mistake

Noob
Well if you can command grab out of 21122, then its even easier to ex sand. What I find as well is that if I try and be accurate and only hit the 2 and the 1 it makes me slower. So I slide from the 2 to the 1 and keep going and hit the thumb stick. Since it isn't used in MKX it does nothing other than act as a brake for my finger. Haha.

Noob
Yea I know how to do all the 21122 cancels I was just wondering how you yourself are able to do it with all that sliding of the finger because for me I just let 21122 rip all at once and then cancel at a certain point or let it rock depending on the situation.

Noob
Oh I see. My bad. Haha. I'm the same. I blast the slide shit fast and it leaves me with mental breathing room. Its funny how when you start playing fighting games you just mash. Then you mash with intention. Then you plan for things to go your way and mash in that direction. Shit just happens. And you don't know why. Then as you start getting better you learn what to optimize and what you can still just mash. But when you get to the point that you intentionally make a play and your thinking speeds up. You get to that place where the game seems to slow down. And you can start reacting. Having the finger speed and the processing speed makes such a difference. O wish I started trying to be a better player sooner with MK9. I still suck. But that's all my fault. What I am good at though is the thought process. Also rambling. Haha. Where am I going with this.