What's new

Guide - Erron Black The 2-11-22 thread

NemesiN

Noob
I have been seeing that a lot of people are still confused with how Erron's 21122 string works and how to combo with it. I just wanted to clarify for those that are still struggling with a few points.
  1. Even though the string is 5 buttons, it acts like a 3 button string (2 - 11 - 22) with both the 11 and the 22 working as a single input. The trick is that you need to get the 11 and the 22 as fast as you would get them out if they were a single press. So now your 212 string is 21122 and needs to be just as quickly. It changes the normal momentum of how the dial-a-combo system works, but you will get used to it.
  2. TIMING MATTERS pt 1. This string can be cancelled into specials at two different points in the string, even if you input the full string. If you input your special immediately after the string (like most special cancels), you will cancel the string early after the 4th hit. This is used for his sand toss move to extend the combo (21122xxdb4). If you were to do the same timing for his command grab (21122xxdbf2), then Erron will cancel after the 4th hit and wiff on the grab.
  3. TIMING MATTERS pt 2. The second point at which you special cancel out of the string is at the very end. This is done by giving a good half second pause after you input the full string. This is the proper timing to cancel into his command grab (21122xx xxdbf2). Since the last hit of the string airbornes the opponent, the command grab does not wiff, but other specials like the sand toss will wiff at this point.
I hope this is helpful for those still struggling with Erron Black's 21122 string. Take some time to figure out what specials work at which points in the string and you will improve your Erron game. If I missed anything, let me know and I will update the list.

Great explanation!

Just want to add that by sliding from 2 to 1 and then just pressing 122 normally, makes the whole string pretty easy to get. Might be of use to someone struggling with how quickly it needs to be done.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
My trick is to do end the comand grab input at the same time Erron is screaming if you want the grab after the 4th hit, and if you want the grab after the whole string do the input after Erron's scream.

For those who have hard time with 21122 input just pick kunglao and practice the 112124, when you will return to erron black you will succeed x)

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Great explanation. It's really not hard once you understand the whole 11 and 22 being treated like single necessary inputs. It's an extremely useful string as it's his most damaging one that can be cancelled and is great for all juggles.

NemesiN

Noob
Great explanation. It's really not hard once you understand the whole 11 and 22 being treated like single necessary inputs. It's an extremely useful string as it's his most damaging one that can be cancelled and is great for all juggles.
It's difficult to get used to. I have been in the lab for a couple of hours. Once I can achieve 21122xxdb4, b21d3, nj2, 21122xx xxEXbf3 to launch with the EX sand bomb at the end to hopefully followup with f22 xx dbf2, I will be happy.

HaZed

Noob
Hey guys, I can do the 21122 into command grab either straight up or in a corner combo, but for some reason i cant get it to link midscreen. My current combo I am trying to do midscreen is f12~db4, b32u1, 21122 dbf2. Any tips would be great. Thanks!

Beach

La mejor playa
Hey guys, I can do the 21122 into command grab either straight up or in a corner combo, but for some reason i cant get it to link midscreen. My current combo I am trying to do midscreen is f12~db4, b32u1, 21122 dbf2. Any tips would be great. Thanks!
Fairly sure you can only get 211 midscreen because the second hit will knock them away too far for the command grab to connect

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
i was expecting something to happen on February 11th 2022 from the thread title. is this the date for Half life 3???? :DOGE
See, I was expecting something to happen on the 2nd of November 2022. Now I'm wondering if that date is just a lie ._.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
It can connect but the timing is tight since the juggle lasts longer. After b32u1 it's more consistent for me to add f24 before 21122

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
Great explanation!

Just want to add that by sliding from 2 to 1 and then just pressing 122 normally, makes the whole string pretty easy to get. Might be of use to someone struggling with how quickly it needs to be done.
this. i always thought this combo works this way (21-1-2-2) you must press 21 as fast as possible (like kali said sliding is a good technique) 122 dont need to pressed fast. if you only hit 2 after 1 once, the forth hit won't come out, you must hit 2 twice then the forth and fifth hit come out together,

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I'm having trouble landing 21122 into dbf4. If i do the full string, the throw whiffs. If I cancel after the 4th hit.. the throw also seems to whiff lol. I will get it to connect randomly, but I'm not sure how. can you give tips for this specific scenario?

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
I'm having trouble landing 21122 into dbf4. If i do the full string, the throw whiffs. If I cancel after the 4th hit.. the throw also seems to whiff lol. I will get it to connect randomly, but I'm not sure how. can you give tips for this specific scenario?
First, off. Dude, that name XD I picture Dracula at a dinner party and all the other horror Icons are making fun of his nose xD
anyways, i'm sure you know how to hit the string itself, and getting the execution on the command throw down. So you basically want to wait until they're off the ground to complete the inputs. I'm 95% sure this is how I get it to work, but i'm going to check it real quick, then update you. Any more questions need answering while i'm in practice mode. Just ask, bretheren :p

edit: Yep, just input the command grab RIGHT before the last hit. You want Erron to grab that sucka by the heels :p

ando1184

Noob
I'm not a EB main but I was wondering how are we supposed to deal with this string? I was labing it last night and noticed there is no window in between the 4th hit and his special. He literally can do this over and over canceling into command grab or MB bomb and we are left respecting it? Blow me up all ya want but, I can't do anything but duck block and "guess" what you "might" do and either release block or not? Not to mention, the string builds meter as fast as a trident rush. So what I'm asking is, what are we (the community) supposed to do vs this? Please don't say lvl up, get better, zone, or stfu it's fair. I'm just asking because right now this looks kinda busted to me.....just sayin.

Beach

La mejor playa
I'm not a EB main but I was wondering how are we supposed to deal with this string? I was labing it last night and noticed there is no window in between the 4th hit and his special. He literally can do this over and over canceling into command grab or MB bomb and we are left respecting it? Blow me up all ya want but, I can't do anything but duck block and "guess" what you "might" do and either release block or not? Not to mention, the string builds meter as fast as a trident rush. So what I'm asking is, what are we (the community) supposed to do vs this? Please don't say lvl up, get better, zone, or stfu it's fair. I'm just asking because right now this looks kinda busted to me.....just sayin.
Seeing as 2 is a high you can crouch without blocking and or low profile it and you can armor/jump before the command grab connects, buuut a half decent person would probably start to catch on a punish hard so for the time being say a prayer that they mess up their inputs.

Last edited:

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
First, off. Dude, that name XD I picture Dracula at a dinner party and all the other horror Icons are making fun of his nose xD
anyways, i'm sure you know how to hit the string itself, and getting the execution on the command throw down. So you basically want to wait until they're off the ground to complete the inputs. I'm 95% sure this is how I get it to work, but i'm going to check it real quick, then update you. Any more questions need answering while i'm in practice mode. Just ask, bretheren :p

edit: Yep, just input the command grab RIGHT before the last hit. You want Erron to grab that sucka by the heels :p
Thanks man. I'll practice it. Your imagination of my name is right on the nose. =D

ando1184

Noob
Seeing as 2 is a high you can crouch without blocking and or low profile it and you can armor/jump before the command grab connects, buuut a half decent person would probably start to catch on a punish hard so for the time being say a prayer that they mess up their inputs.
If he jumps in with 1 or 2 then goes into the string I'm forced to block it all. I also noticed that if I'm crouch blocking the window to try and get an armored move is much tighter as well. I tried and tried and couldn't get my special to come out in time at all. The only reason I suspect it might be possible is bc when I set the CPU to reversal armored special, it did come out. But let's be for real here, that's the CPU and it always does things that are inhumanly possible. I just kept getting thrown out of my attempt to input the special. If EB does MB bomb, I can't armor through it at all. The window is nonexistent, and if I'm forced to block that you gain half a bar of meter back and can go back into the pressure because EB recovers fast enough. Yes I can backdash afterwards but that is only viable midscreen. In the corner I'm screwed big time and backdashing only makes me get closer to the corner. Seriously this string is incredibly too powerful at the moment, and in an unbalanced way.

Noob

Noob
If he jumps in with 1 or 2 then goes into the string I'm forced to block it all. I also noticed that if I'm crouch blocking the window to try and get an armored move is much tighter as well. I tried and tried and couldn't get my special to come out in time at all. The only reason I suspect it might be possible is bc when I set the CPU to reversal armored special, it did come out. But let's be for real here, that's the CPU and it always does things that are inhumanly possible. I just kept getting thrown out of my attempt to input the special. If EB does MB bomb, I can't armor through it at all. The window is nonexistent, and if I'm forced to block that you gain half a bar of meter back and can go back into the pressure because EB recovers fast enough. Yes I can backdash afterwards but that is only viable midscreen. In the corner I'm screwed big time and backdashing only makes me get closer to the corner. Seriously this string is incredibly too powerful at the moment, and in an unbalanced way.
I don't think this combo is possible now, unless I'm just really that terrible. I think that command grab can't be done anymore.

HaZed

Noob
I don't think this combo is possible now, unless I'm just really that terrible. I think that command grab can't be done anymore.
If you are talking about the 21122 into command grab it is still possible when they are blocking. Some people are learning that they can nuetral duck the last hit if they think EB is going to go for the command grab and it will whiff. If they start doing that, then it is best to go into either MB sand blast or slide.

Noob

Noob
If you are talking about the 21122 into command grab it is still possible when they are blocking. Some people are learning that they can nuetral duck the last hit if they think EB is going to go for the command grab and it will whiff. If they start doing that, then it is best to go into either MB sand blast or slide.
I'm sorry for being a noob, but what is a MB sand blast? I thought the enhanced version of the sand grenade is sand shot?

Slowpoke

Noob
I'm sorry for being a noob, but what is a MB sand blast? I thought the enhanced version of the sand grenade is sand shot?
DB4, the outlaw specific special that stuns to extend combos.

So, SonicFox uses 21122xxTarkatan stab to convert off an NJP. How does he do it? They always fall to the ground too fast when I try.