What's new

TFA|RZR Pig of the Hut Wins Frosty Faustings V from Nickel City in Northbrook, IL

Hello TYM! Just wanted to congratulate Pig on a great win, and thank the non-Chicago area players who traveled out to create a stacked bracket at an anime tournament.

The top 4 have been uploaded to yt, they can be found along with Top 4s of other games here: http://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlJ7zgDywLTnjQIfJ1ShoVDJSSjoJPFmL

To clarify a few inaccuracies that I saw floating around: There was only one stream(mine, obviously), and we had 8 games. My goal for the day was to get every single game on my stream for at least some time, because for the first time in a good while I had a TO who was not intent on forcing me to stick to AE/Marvel. However, Frosty Faustings is, has been, and will a be Guilty Gear event, regardless of what turnout other games get, and anime games will always get top billing there(Marvel had 3 times the entrants of GG/P4A/MK and got no more stream time than P4A or MK did).

The lack of a dedicated MK stream was not due to FF or Nickel City specifically disallowing a 2nd stream, it was that there was a single ethernet port in the entire venue and not enough bandwidth to support multiple streams either way(I had issues at some points just from people accessing the wi-fi with their phones). As far as getting top 6 only instead of 8, not sure what happened there, I requested them to hold 8 and they ran 2 losers' matches after getting to that point.

Re: some MK fans getting banned from my channel, in my defense they were very, very over the top with spamming/trolling my chat during Persona. I watch and love almost every FG out there, including MK, and I don't really get people who feel the need to act like dickbags when a game other than their main is on. I offered to tweet out an update as soon as MK was up so that people didn't need to sit through games they didn't want to watch, and the only reason the schedule was changed and P4A went on first was they had their top 8 set and waiting and the people running MK told me to go ahead and put Persona on because they were still working to 8.

I'm glad I've gotten the chance to personally meet players like Pig, Delriach, and Team GGA/Doc, all of them have been very nice in person and it was knowing that the trolls in the chat were not indicative of the greater MK community that made me able to not have a bad taste in my mouth re: MK after that.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
i love Pig Of The Huts mega quote post after a tourny hes at,
its like STORMS and his ninja posting lol
TYM <3
we try :p

I play with kenshi alot, so i know its not as easy as many think to win with him.
Congrats!
Highest levels especially in some MUs all i gotta say is people just need to see for themselves, you're right. easy to learn but hard to win with in high level

one bad read or mistake = GGS kenshi, and a blow up

Pig Of The Hut
Jesus, how long did it take you to quote EVERYONE and reply? lol

not as long as it looks

dem copy and paste skills :p

1. Congrats Pig!
2. FU Dizzy. You needed more oprah windfury.
3. People complain about the character after every tournament. Why is everyone surprised?
4. It's amazing there's not equally as many complaints against a character that is obviously 100 times more broken (cyrax)
5. Kenshi has unfavorable matchups. Counter pick him and stop whining.

That said, I hate kenshi. Not because I think he's "broken" or "bullshXt" or whatever else people are complaining about, but because a good kenshi gives people fodder for hating on the game even if their insults to the game are misguided. Watching an effective Kenshi at work is boring. People in the FGC that don't like this game would watch something like this and say, "that wins tournaments? haha that game is fXing retarded." Honestly I can't blame them; kenshi is not cheap or imbalanced or anything of the sort. He's just boring and retarded looking.

I agree

appreciate you posting this

Pig the amount of skill you have with kenshi is fucking stupid. This was well earned and congrats! I love seeing you make lao your bitch too. Never gets old.
Appreciate it , Lao is a fun but challenging MU but its fun as hell to play and work on

FOREVER KING and i had some awesome sets

dude is amazing w lao and cyrax

Kenshi requires reactions more so than anything else I've found, thats why Pigs so good with him, reactions like a cat.

I mean... Pig Of The Hut fuck you omg you suk Kenshi, dikhed wtf learn a real character bitch sort it out I FUCKING HATE YOU.
lol thanks

Pig Of The Hut

Hello TYM! Just wanted to congratulate Pig on a great win, and thank the non-Chicago area players who traveled out to create a stacked bracket at an anime tournament.

The top 4 have been uploaded to yt, they can be found along with Top 4s of other games here: http://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlJ7zgDywLTnjQIfJ1ShoVDJSSjoJPFmL

To clarify a few inaccuracies that I saw floating around: There was only one stream(mine, obviously), and we had 8 games. My goal for the day was to get every single game on my stream for at least some time, because for the first time in a good while I had a TO who was not intent on forcing me to stick to AE/Marvel. However, Frosty Faustings is, has been, and will a be Guilty Gear event, regardless of what turnout other games get, and anime games will always get top billing there(Marvel had 3 times the entrants of GG/P4A/MK and got no more stream time than P4A or MK did).

The lack of a dedicated MK stream was not due to FF or Nickel City specifically disallowing a 2nd stream, it was that there was a single ethernet port in the entire venue and not enough bandwidth to support multiple streams either way(I had issues at some points just from people accessing the wi-fi with their phones). As far as getting top 6 only instead of 8, not sure what happened there, I requested them to hold 8 and they ran 2 losers' matches after getting to that point.

Re: some MK fans getting banned from my channel, in my defense they were very, very over the top with spamming/trolling my chat during Persona. I watch and love almost every FG out there, including MK, and I don't really get people who feel the need to act like dickbags when a game other than their main is on. I offered to tweet out an update as soon as MK was up so that people didn't need to sit through games they didn't want to watch, and the only reason the schedule was changed and P4A went on first was they had their top 8 set and waiting and the people running MK told me to go ahead and put Persona on because they were still working to 8.

I'm glad I've gotten the chance to personally meet players like Pig, Delriach, and Team GGA/Doc, all of them have been very nice in person and it was knowing that the trolls in the chat were not indicative of the greater MK community that made me able to not have a bad taste in my mouth re: MK after that.
<3

thanks man and appreciate all your hardwork you put into a very succesful event. We all had fun, we all had a great time and Id go again any day.

Loved the arcade and the fact there was food there lol

It was top 6 because GGA soonk and I decided to go ahead and play our top 8 match offstream cause we were both tired and wasnt sure if in the end we would get to be on stream so we agreed to go ahead, then right when we finished we heard "OK guys you're up" and we just kinda laughed.

Thanks again for posting

Unrelated, but alot of peopel seem to be posting here. :)

The amount of "leveling up" i can do is extremely limited due to the size of our local scene. I've got tons of experience vs Lao, Raiden, Kitana (against in my opinion one of the best kitanas I've ever seen), and Cyrax, but that's really about it. I tend to get blown up against high level players who aren't playing these characters due to lack of experience against them. If anyone is good with anyone else, add me on XBL (Sultani19) so we can get some games in. I don't mind getting blown up until I can figure thingsout.

Pig, you did a good job levelling up Shizzzam btw. I've gotten 2nd in our local tournaments like 40 billion times now. :p

Pig Of The Hut

Unrelated, but alot of peopel seem to be posting here. :)

The amount of "leveling up" i can do is extremely limited due to the size of our local scene. I've got tons of experience vs Lao, Raiden, Kitana (against in my opinion one of the best kitanas I've ever seen), and Cyrax, but that's really about it. I tend to get blown up against high level players who aren't playing these characters due to lack of experience against them. If anyone is good with anyone else, add me on XBL (Sultani19) so we can get some games in. I don't mind getting blown up until I can figure thingsout.

Pig, you did a good job levelling up Shizzzam btw. I've gotten 2nd in our local tournaments like 40 billion times now. :p
i really dont mind helping anyone when i can and have time, like off work, late at night and have no scheduled sessions w people

be glad to help

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
"Man it's soooo easy to win with Kenshi, all you have to do is shoulder! Such a brain dead character, keep away and shoulder, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

People are just funny sometimes.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Not sure if this was posted already, but here are the full results, courtesy of Callisto:

Mortal Kombat Results

32 Entrants

1) TFA/RZR | Pig of the Hut
2) GGA | Dizzy
3) GGA | 16-Bit
4) Pimpimjim
5) Tom Brady
5) Soonk
7) Grunty Pants
7) GGA | Wafflez
9) GGA | Moe
9) Smarrgasm
9) GGA | HAN
9) Forever King
13) Au_Im_Digimon
13) Chaosphere
13) Ribbz22
13) Delriach
17) Ninjapendence Day
17) Semi Evil Ryu
17) Vagrant
17) Boot Nocka
17) Comp Bros
17) Em 3 Uruza
17) Kill Phill
17) A-Train
25) Midget Prince
25) STB Espio
25) OBS DJ LToro
25) Southside Jim
25) The Rising Dragon
25) Les more
25) Glass Sword
25) Kombat Kannibal

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Thanks man

:) takes a little time to work on those thanks buddy

thanks jimmy

:) dizzy was awesome

That bounty is awfully tough right now

thanks man

thanks wemfs

appreciate it man

16 bit has never played that mu that well, he was on a tear

You dont understand how much i truly appreciate this comment and post., Thanks so much for this

I can only imagine the stream hate lol

thanks man

thanks buddy, now lets get that lao in shape

:) thanks for all u do austin

stopping cross ups and AA is my #1 goal with everyone

thanks man

16 bit was godlike

smarrgasm and pimpimjim were MVPS

thanks

appreciate it

............maybe

:)

thanks again fish

i try i try

they have :(

im not sure if i like this comment it makes me racist............? thanks? :p

really appreciate it

:) get some of it from u :)

always appreciate your help in MUs

tYou rock , thanks for your continuous support

we in there on smoke and kenshi

thanks buddy

yea it was awesome tourney
thanks relax

DOGGGGGGGGGY

:0 APPreciate it

thanks simon

Thanks for your messages early on man, really appreciate you and canada although frog hates me
:)

pimpim was totally tight

:( sorry

:p

will do eddy thanks

yea but i know how much you were loving that blind mutha getting fanned to death :)

thanks man

HOLD THIS
now watch it again and hold it some more

Insert you apology here______________________________________

then hold it once more

they were the mvps

thanks JTB

he is DREAFULLY close

back to the lab i go definintely :)

thanks reed

thanks for your CONTINUOUS love man, youre aweesome

appreciate it captain

<3.........?

yes <3 thanks glorotr

yea its weird i know but at same time he has to mix me up somehow. I agree though

:) thanks man

No man you are mine

dat smoke and cyrax :)

it was the first time i had ever seen it

it was plain f ing ridiculous

:(

Man he almost beat grunty

he made grunty switch from LAO in the sheeva MU to cyrax

AMAZING
someone tag digi in here for some love

Dude he was possessed

Uncle bernie holding it down

We go in hard :)

thanks Terrys

appreciate it chongo

Yes I was murdered and raped but when I put on the blind fold im really tough to beat for any MU. :) I avenged your loss TZA leader, god of zoning and the order of the claw

We did it

TZA
thanks man

MVP

Appreciate it somberness

I wish i had a button for it, but its just something i work on a lot and get better at w time

Thanks for everything

He definitely is easy to learn but to compete at high or highest levels

LMAO GGs and good luck :)

thanks man
wow thats gotta be a record for most replys in one post. seriously how long did that take