What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
They need to bring Tekken Bowl back...It was so badass throwing a ball 70 mph at the pins...
I picked up TTT Prologue when it came out. TTT1 is probably the greatest of all Tekken games. Aaaaaaand it has Tekken Bowl.

I cannot tell you how many late nights (figure 2-3 AM) with my buddies have ended in tequila-shot-matches of Tekken Bowl at the tail end of a party. Jin/Kuni, favorite team. =)

Flagg

Noob
Cant they make the freaking clones in this even somewhat different.

At least King and A King, Julia and Michelle have different move sets. Having two laws, two jins, two bobs, two kaz, etc, is just freaking stupid. What next, old Heihachi and young Heihachi?

Skkra

At least King and A King, Julia and Michelle have different move sets. Having two laws, two jins, two bobs, two kaz, etc, is just freaking stupid. What next, old Heihachi and young Heihachi?
I honestly feel like the clones are a way to give common characters someone to fall back on for when they dont want to have to learn 2x chars in full. Which, personally, I think is kiiiinda lazy.

That said, Lili and Sebastian are insanely different in their overall effectiveness despite 93% of their moves being the same.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick

Jin and Devil Jin are drastically different, but yeah Forrest/Marshall, Baek/Hwoarang and before and after picture Bobs are for people not interested in learning more than one character.

Hmm... old Heihachi and young Heihachi... I like the sound of that :p

Skkra

Jin and Devil Jin are drastically different, but yeah Forrest/Marshall, Baek/Hwoarang and before and after picture Bobs are for people not interested in learning more than one character.
One correction here: Baek and Hwoarang are not clone characters. They are both completely distinct and play insanely differently. I play with one of the best Hwoarangs in the USA here in Philadelphia, and he can't play Baek much at all. They're quite different.

Crathen

Death is my business
Dragunov definately leveled up from T6 BR , he just got buffs , now he has ridicolous wallcarry , very good damage , his b1 is a pretty good poke , f+3CDc is a good long range poke , great pressure character , he can steal games in 10 seconds when he gets his momentum going , almost 0 trick character , he is no beginner character at all.
He's my secondary :)

Crathen

Death is my business
Yeah... we have a sick Drag player here, and man, he's really frigging strong now. Very solid character.
I hope he doesn't complain about qcb+2 now being -15 lol , really Dragunov had only 2 nerfs ( qcb+2 -15 from -12 in BR and 1,2 +2 on hit instead of +4 in BR ) , the newfound d/f+2 hitbox is extremely good ( remember T6 Lars uf3 on block? Dragunov couldnt launch it ) , b1 is a long range poke with low hitbox and evasive properties , if b+1,2 was hitconfirmable that would be GOD.

Does he like anything in particular about Drag in TTT2?

Skkra

Does he like anything in particular about Drag in TTT2?
I have an HD game capture box... I'll have to record some of our matches and upload them to youtube to post here and show his gameplay.

Here in Philadelphia, we are aggressive. Philly Tekken has always been about rushdown for some reason hahaha. So our Drag likes to SMOTHER people with offense and frame traps. I'll try and cap some of his play next time we get a session.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Are you playing dude? On PS3? If so we gotta get some games in!
Yeah, I originally bought it Week 1 on 360. Got fed up with it after a week or so and sold it.

Decided to give it one more shot and rented it on PS3. Currently much happier with it on PS3. But since I'm renting it, I don't have an online pass. Though I may just buy it outright and use that pass. I'm still trying to determine if I'm going to fully get back into it enough to do that.

Right now, I'm thinking 'yes'.

Skkra

I'm still trying to determine if I'm going to fully get back into it enough to do that.

Right now, I'm thinking 'yes'.
Nice! If you get it, get it on PS3. It's always been a PS game, the controller is just better for it, and the vast majority of the top players all are on PSN. The game runs like butter online, I'm insanely impressed. Dancock and I played a 2-hour set last night and I can't recall a single moment where I thought "LAG!"

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Regarding the clone-induced sodium chloride, anyone trying to learn True Ogre thinking they'll figure out A.Ogre in a heartbeat when he goes public is in for a rude awakening lol

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Any suggestions on who I should use with Nina. Right now I use lili with her, but I feel I should be teaming her with some one else.

Are there tag teams that combo better together???

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Any suggestions on who I should use with Nina. Right now I use lili with her, but I feel I should be teaming her with some one else.

Are there tag teams that combo better together???

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
Lars.

Only Practice, the best Nina player in the world, teams Nina with Lars. Nina's excellent wall carry ability combined with Lars's wall combo damage makes this team very effective.

Lars, in general, is like the Kenshi/Sonya of this game. He does numerous things very well and has no execution barriers.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Somewhat having a crisis (not Kenshi related). I'm maining Jinpachi and Phoenix and i'm starting to question the chemistry...problem is that I do not want to drop Jinpachi. What suggestions for partners do you guys recommend?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Somewhat having a crisis (not Kenshi related). I'm maining Jinpachi and Phoenix and i'm starting to question the chemistry...problem is that I do not want to drop Jinpachi. What suggestions for partners do you guys recommend?
Ganryu works well for me. Jun also worked pretty well. What is your playstyle?