What's new

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 General Discussion

Crathen

Death is my business
how exactly is it unacceptable?
the human brain can't sense .5 second lag....
With all due respect , in a reaction based game as tekken ( mind...i'm talking up to T5DR as in T6 really made the game more frenetic / guessing based ) you now have 2 less frames to react to stuff as in lows , punishing with certain moves and throwbreaks , i don't like at all the concept of sharping a game closer to the online experience , imma stop because it's a pointless debate anyways.

Now i don't wanna say anythiing about real match experience because it still plays out well as in i won't be hit by 20+ frames low anyways and i have still 13 frames to skip throws and the timings for things like Bryans Taunt JU can be adjusted , but you have to admit it still affects somethings in this game.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
With all due respect , in a reaction based game as tekken ( mind...i'm talking up to T5DR as in T6 really made the game more frenetic / guessing based ) you now have 2 less frames to react to stuff as in lows , punishing with certain moves and throwbreaks , i don't like at all the concept of sharping a game closer to the online experience , imma stop because it's a pointless debate anyways.

Now i don't wanna say anythiing about real match experience because it still plays out well as in i won't be hit by 20+ frames low anyways and i have still 13 frames to skip throws and the timings for things like Bryans Taunt JU can be adjusted , but you have to admit it still affects somethings in this game.
Agree, no way should they have made it lag just to hide its horrible online(Yes, ever since i got the game online has been nothing but a pain in the ass. Cannot even get into a game on a 5 bar connection).

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I suspected this. This is what was done for Soul Calibur 5. And what is done for all Namco fighting games, I'm pretty sure.

Also, intentional input lag isn't new. ST has 5 frames of delay, iirc.

Zoidberg747

I suspected this. This is what was done for Soul Calibur 5. And what is done for all Namco fighting games, I'm pretty sure.

Also, intentional input lag isn't new. ST has 5 frames of delay, iirc.
Still, SEVEN frames of delay? That is a lot.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Agree, no way should they have made it lag just to hide its horrible online(Yes, ever since i got the game online has been nothing but a pain in the ass. Cannot even get into a game on a 5 bar connection).
that must only be you.... all my online matches at 3 and above are pretty flawless.

You can "with all due respect" me all you want... but using a few extra frames that EVERYONE has to deal with is just an excuse. Its not a variable thing.... so your reactions will adjust ....

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Really? I set mine for anything 4+ and get games all the time...

THTB

Still, SEVEN frames of delay? That is a lot.
It's not even confirmed 7 frames. From what I read, it wasn't really a proper test done.

I haven't had much problems with delay, though. I figured there's delay to deal with online, but it can't be that much, plus there's lengthy buffer windows in Tekken.

Zoidberg747

How the flying fuck do you tech roll in tekken? This is starting to piss me off, I know you can do it but dont remember how.

THTB

Each of the face buttons do different rolls, depending on the limb. Punches go one direction, kicks go the other, don't remember which.

Crathen

Death is my business
It's not even confirmed 7 frames. From what I read, it wasn't really a proper test done.

I haven't had much problems with delay, though. I figured there's delay to deal with online, but it can't be that much, plus there's lengthy buffer windows in Tekken.
I'm quoting noodalls from TZ ( and he's one of the most knowledgable guy in there about frame data ):

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7...bTh1NUNGS2JRRE0

This was done by hooking up an LED light to the LP button, which will cause it to glow when the button is unpressed, and go dark when the button is pressed. The controller is a PS360+, by akishopcustoms.com. Images where captured with Casio EX-F1, which can capture 60 images per second. The monitor is a playstation monitor, known to induce 2F of input lag, however this should be consistent between T6 and TTT2.

I counted two different ways, as often the LED doesn't go completely dark immediately, but transitions through a dim then dark appearance over 2F.

Full light = F0, any drop in light = F1, command appears in command history = Fn.

T6
6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7,

TTT2
8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8,

Full dark = F0, command appears in command history = Fn.
T6
5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 5,

TTT2
6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6,

You can go through the images yourself to clarify what I mean by this.

The result is, TTT2 definitely appears to display command history slower, and this likely means that the game engine is 1-2F slower than T6.

It's not the end of the world for sure but i've noticed when i started playing TTT2 coming from T6BR that it felt sluggier and things like Bryans Taunt JU / Kazuya df2 pewgf had different timing , now throws are a little more hard to break , lows like miguels db2 are less see-able , thing is we've been accostumed so much to T6BR engine that we noticed it , now it's time to adapt.

THTB

Yeah, the game felt slower more than laggy when I first jumped on it.

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
How the flying fuck do you tech roll in tekken? This is starting to piss me off, I know you can do it but dont remember how.
As soon as you land from being launched, press 1 immediately. your character will instantly roll/get up either to the left or right. 1 will make your character tech roll to the left and 2 or 4 will make him/her tech roll to the right. Be careful when playing someone good though, cuz sometimes this is what they want when baiting you into a "tech roll trap". Perfect example is Yoshi's Sword Sweep.

Just in case someone doesn't know this: if you want to unselect a character always use 1 to select then choose the costume, instead of using 3. This allows you to exit with 4 without having to quit out of the character select.

(if there's an easier way please tell me :REO)

Crathen

Death is my business
Don't think anyone was there were they? The event got no advertising at all. From what I could see at least.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Well , TheChef and Ryan were there ( do they play the game? ). And yeah i can belive that it got no advertising...europe/Uk players are mostly interested in big tournaments like Maxdamagermany / UT.

I was just taking some shoots ;) , i'd like to have the UK scene step it up once again like the old good times

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Well , TheChef and Ryan were there ( do they play the game? ). And yeah i can belive that it got no advertising...europe/Uk players are mostly interested in big tournaments like Maxdamagermany / UT.

I was just taking some shoots ;) , i'd like to have the UK scene step it up once again like the old good times
I had a look into and couldn't even find out what times things started. Eurogamer was 4 days I think and sounds they they had a tt2 tourney everyday. I know 4 went through to finals so guess this is how they did it. I would have gone if I knew more, just to spectate at least.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Ranked is full of shite players anyway, tis time to branch out.
You're playing a competitive Tekken game on a non-PS system, what did you expect the demographic of randoms to be like lol

(disclaimers: I wouldn't expect anything less from DOA5 randoms on PS3)

Flagg

Noob
Anyone got any advice on punishing Heihachi and Kazuya?

I know this sounds ambiguous but it seems most of their normals and specials are safe on block (which im sure they are not), and they have the ability to punish really hard upon my counter attacking.

King is probably my best character, but im deciding on whether to flesh out Armor King or Jaycee as his tag partner. Nina is kind of on the shelf for the time being.