What's new

Tekken 7 General Discussion Thread - OP Updated With All Tekken Info

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
Sup guys im 165 pages late but had to get in on the T7 love!
Anyone EU wanna play add my steam "Galenas" and i'll be down for some games any time im on.

@Smoke_Of_Finland you on pc my bro, i miss getting bodied by you :(
Heyyyy what's up, I was going to ask you if you were getting the game. I am only on PS4 right now, but I might be getting a new PC. The support for Vista has ran out so it's only a matter of time before my current 8 y.o. gets fucked up by some virus or malware for good :D

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Heyyyy what's up, I was going to ask you if you were getting the game. I am only on PS4 right now, but I might be getting a new PC. The support for Vista has ran out so it's only a matter of time before my current 8 y.o. gets fucked up by some virus or malware for good :D
For sure I am, really enjoying it its all ive been playing since it released. Theres even a local tournament every 2 weeks in my boring ass little town! No Jaycee/Chang or Wang this time (yet) so im falling on my 3rd tag partner Leo who is doing work this game. Hurry up and break that old pc dude :p

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
So just picked up T7 (haven't play a Tekken game seriously before) and I am playing Shaheen.

So dude's got a slide, which is great for his mixups, but holy fuck that input. I can never get it (2/50). It's while crouching (and I am assuming you have to be neutral crouched) d/f, d, D/F + 3

Any tips on how to become more consistent with this type of input? (I know, practice) I am playing on a pad fwiw.

Thanks in advance!
You have 2 options. Hold the down input right in top of the button and tilt your thumb twice sideways to the required direction to get the double df. Alternatively you press the down input like you mean it and just slide your thumb back and forth while holding down to get the df. Whatever you do, you need to do a bigger motion the lower your thumb is while holding down so make a habit of having your thumb as high as you can on the down button.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
As semi embarrassing as it is one trick I do while playing any fighting game on a pad is that I rub my left thumb on my forehead for that sweet sweet forehead grease to make the d-pad more slippery. My friend laughed his ass off when I told him... but it fkn works :D

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
As semi embarrassing as it is one trick I do while playing any fighting game on a pad is that I rub my left thumb on my forehead for that sweet sweet forehead grease to make the d-pad more slippery. My friend laughed his ass off when I told him... but it fkn works :D
I had a blister from learning KBD which i just carried on playing through, is now quite bad but could have all been avoided with this one exclusive tip :'(

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
F3+4 on Feng is literally a combo. Launch someone? F3+4. Just keep doing it. Over and over. Maybe throw in a F1+2 or a standing 1... Then, ya know, f3+4 some more. I love Feng.

EntropicByDesign

I'm super happy with him so far. He just got s little of everything. I love it. That shoulder.. B1+2? I think. Is just love for a quick whiff punish and he gets some legit damage off a few basic things.. nice lows and pokes, solid combo damage that's not hard to get.. very glad I kept shopping around till I found him.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
All this PS4 depression sucks:( I don't have a PC so don't leave PS4 guys. Instead just think you did get hit by the low and you need better reaction times ;)

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I watched most of the matches from CEO. But I'm lacking some serious content for Kazumi. I know she's not too popular as a 1st pick too main mostly but can I get pointed into a general direction to any player who mains her?

A YouTube channel or stream monster? Discord is ok but I need consistent content and a library of match footage. Starting to run into road blocks and before I post it I want to double check & see if others are too and how they approach match up's as well.

Can any one can help a brother out?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Katariner has the closest thing to an auto-combo in this game:

Any launch can go into 44444 and does only 4 points of dmg less than her bnbs. Or 2 points less if you want an oki ender bnb

EntropicByDesign

Well it was fun while it lasted guys but I think its about time I move on to a more advanced game with higher execution.
I recommend SFV, it's at least twice as complex and the execution is just.. only 5 people in the world can land their bnbs. It takes YEARS to even learn blockstrings. Years.

It's also the most fair and reasonable and diverse fighting game in the world. We're all just playing games like Tekken and Inj because we cant handle how advanced sfv is.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In Tekken you have to lab against everyone constantly, put yourself into situations that are getting you killed and then learn how to deal with them, its a good idea to play each character for a bit so you can have a general idea of how x or y character is supposed to be played, so you won't get caught into ramdoness because you didn't even knew what was coming.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If you're hitting that Jin EWHF combo consistently in matches then you have my respect. I just settle for EWHF, WHF, b21, db223. The high potential to drop it just isn't worth going for it for me.
I practice this combo every day, so i eventually got it, there is a little trick to land it consistently, which is knowing exactly the animation where you will buffer a microdash

i will try to break it down this weekend on a vid.