What's new

Teaser for an HD Remake of Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks?!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
As those who are familiar with the history of the Mortal Kombat franchise will know, it started out as a fighting game series full of bone-chilling fatalities, among other varieties of finishers, that appealed to the masses. Eventually, the NRS team, as its old incarnation in Midway, expanded their franchise into other genres such as the realm of action/adventure, a category that a popular Playstation 2 title by the name of Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks fell under. The game was an attempt to emulate an MK fan's dream of fighting action through an entirely different realm of gameplay.

Now, around ten years after its initial release, Ed Boon may have dropped a very discreet "teaser" about a possible high-definition remake of Shaolin Monks which can be seen in the Twitter post below, a post which includes an image of the old strategy guide written up for those wanting to learn about the game in its entirety. You can also visit the link to go straight to the page containing the post on Ed's Twitter.

https://twitter.com/noobde/statuses/395670554184658944

Twitter Shaolin Monks.png

What do you, the fans, make of the possibility of the adventure-based MK title being remade in HD? Share your thoughts and discuss!

Thanks to 1man3letters for showing this to us!

Source: Ed Boon's Twitter

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I never got to play that game and everyone says its such a fun and good game... I might just have to grab used copy and dust off the old PS2 sometime.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Ooooh, you just had to throw this at me when I was playing the arcade ladder with Smoke... -_-

I kid, I kid. :D I guess I'll throw up an article in a sec. I am kinda skeptical over this "teaser," though.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Never played this game, but I've only heard great things about it. I have to give a try if this is true. On another note if they can rerelease this then they can rerelease MK4 in HD. That's what I'm waiting for.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
vying for unedited frontpage with that presentation, 1man. someones been paying attention to the rewording of frontpage articles!