What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya SHOULD be normalized.

What do you think about the normalizations?

• Total voters

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
The Shinnok hate is real. lol
I hope he doesn't, because what would they nerf? MB Sparks and make it to where he can only be so plus? It wouldn't do much... Why buff, then nerf a character when we're not sure if he needs it yet? That was the first tournament he received all that shit in, four-five days prior to the event...

RM_NINfan101

Lol, "NERF BONE SHAPER" was trolling, but Denzell does have a pocket Boneshaper that he'll probably use at the Yomi weeklies.
I wouldn't be surprised if he uses him alongside Tempest Lao. That's actually a good combination right there and play a bit similar, but with Shinnok actually having 50/50s and a slight vortex on BS with throws involved. I'm all for it.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I actually have a very simple fix for Tanya that won't kill her, but will force Tanya players to manage her more closely.

Simply have her teleport cost stamina.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I actually have a very simple fix for Tanya that won't kill her, but will force Tanya players to manage her more closely.

Simply have her teleport cost stamina.
Ding, ding. ding we have a winner here!

Oh wait... the same suggestion was posted like 22 pages ago... and several times since then.

RM_NINfan101

I doubt making her teleport use stamina would do much at all. I mean, what would be the point of her tele cancels then?

I really think the only thing that should ever cost stamina are tele cancels and backdashes as well as running, using interactables etc... That's where stamina should be used. Not just because her teleport allows her to move back. you can jump back too, doesn't cost any stamina.

Reactions: cfw

RM_NINfan101

It died due to a ALOT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE than bad netcode.
No it was purely based on netcode. That game had three great EVO showings and then bowed out as only international players except the scene in Colorado stopped playing mostly.

Trust me on that. If that game had good netcode? KOF is a popular old school title... It would of lasted. Maybe not main event worthy, but people would still talk about it just like say, UNIEL.

GAV

I doubt making her teleport use stamina would do much at all. I mean, what would be the point of her tele cancels then?

I really think the only thing that should ever cost stamina are tele cancels and backdashes as well as running, using interactables etc... That's where stamina should be used. Not just because her teleport allows her to move back. you can jump back too, doesn't cost any stamina.
OK. I understand your thought process, but jumping back doesn't make her invincible. The invincibility is really the issue, but a teleport you can be hit out of is really pointless - so I was thinking the path of least resistance that makes ends meet would be best. I don't want her forgotten, but I don't want Tanya as every serious player's main or pocket character either.

haketh

Noob
No it was purely based on netcode. That game had three great EVO showings and then bowed out as only international players except the scene in Colorado stopped playing mostly.

Trust me on that. If that game had good netcode? KOF is a popular old school title... It would of lasted. Maybe not main event worthy, but people would still talk about it just like say, UNIEL.
The game ws dieing everywhere in Korea, Taiwan, Japan. Places where netcode really doesn;t matter because the game as it developed got worse. Hell China dropped XIII for 97 because it's a more enjoyable game. Yeah the game had solid EVOs but as a KOF the game is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

RM_NINfan101

OK. I understand your thought process, but jumping back doesn't make her invincible. The invincibility is really the issue, but a teleport you can be hit out of is really pointless - so I was thinking the path of least resistance that makes ends meet would be best. I don't want her forgotten, but I don't want Tanya as every serious player's main or pocket character either.
My point was, there's no need to make her tele cost stamina because you can easily do the following if they nerf the invincibility:

1: NJK it on reaction
2: Jump back or jump forward 3, most of these are really good priority against air attacks.
3: Standing 1 or what ever AAs for your character.
4: Etc...

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Skullgirls is getting more tournament numbers, a game with good netcode. GGXRD has playable netcode, and so that scene is growing.

NRS/WBGames, even with an okay/good showing at EVO can only keep this game alive for so long because of the way they do business. Not trying to be a debbie downer, but it's time they learn how to stop shitting on the fan and playerbase equally, and give the fans a good netcode. Netcode means so much, that it's not bringing in new players. You're seeing older faces, with anyone interested immediately deterred. Not everyone's gonna wanna just jump into their locals, and the stark difference between online and offline is so bad, it's killing the game more than Tanya is. Though I do think they need to approach DLC characters a different way, and not just release them one by one.

KOFXIII: One of the greatest fighting games of all time to me, died in the States due to bad netcode. It'll happen to any game like that. Before someone tells me SF4 is trash online, XBOX Live disagrees.
Can't argue with you there. Skullgirls has a godlike GGPO implementation and I've played coast-to-coast where it feels like I'm playing in person. And SF4 is a 6 year old game, but the netcode STILL feels better than MKX. =\ I personally find MKX to be unplayable online... I've bothered playing many times since the game came out, and there was not a single session that felt like adequate training for actual offline play. It's barely an approximation of MKX. I gave up on online.

That said, the game can have a strong offline scene, but it's going to need to look good at events for that to continue and/or build.

GAV

My point was, there's no need to make her tele cost stamina because you can easily do the following if they nerf the invincibility:

1: NJK it on reaction
2: Jump back or jump forward 3, most of these are really good priority against air attacks.
3: Standing 1 or what ever AAs for your character.
4: Etc...
Isn't a teleport without invincibility almost pointless?

I haven't played enough Tanya to really know, but that just sounds like an over-nerfing.

RM_NINfan101

The game ws dieing everywhere in Korea, Taiwan, Japan. Places where netcode really doesn;t matter because the game as it developed got worse. Hell China dropped XIII for 97 because it's a more enjoyable game. Yeah the game had solid EVOs but as a KOF the game is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
The game could use some adjustments, which likely hurt it as well.

Benimaru/Chin's infinites never really helped, DLC characters being better than their original versions didn't help either.

But towards the end you were starting to see characters that were considered low tier like Mai or Leona be used to effectiveness. I guess in some ways, KOFXIII is extremely difficult and technical and this is kinda going off topic, but I suppose I see the thought process.

haketh

Noob
The game could use some adjustments, which likely hurt it as well.

Benimaru/Chin's infinites never really helped, DLC characters being better than their original versions didn't help either.

But towards the end you were starting to see characters that were considered low tier like Mai or Leona be used to effectiveness. I guess in some ways, KOFXIII is extremely difficult and technical and this is kinda going off topic, but I suppose I see the thought process.
The Mai & Leona stuff was a big flash in the pan that sadly died quick.

RM_NINfan101

Well, honestly making it cost stamina hurts it more to me. Because she still has the mobility but must be cautious of when to use it either way you do it.

Stamina just means you shouldn't bother with it except to teleport back.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

I haven't played enough Tanya to really know, but that just sounds like an over-nerfing.
It's not even really a teleport. It's basically an invincible air dash right now.

It's still better mobility than pretty much the rest of the cast, invincible or not.

GAV

Well, honestly making it cost stamina hurts it more to me. Because she still has the mobility but must be cautious of when to use it either way you do it.

Stamina just means you shouldn't bother with it except to teleport back.
Unless it presents a clear opportunity.

I'm not saying make it eat the stamina bar. Just have it cost something to make players have to manage its use.

GAV

If you guys all believe eliminating invincibility rather than having it cost stamina is the way to go, I'll defer to your numbers and experience.