What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya SHOULD be normalized.

What do you think about the normalizations?

• Total voters

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I can see at minimum Invisibility being removed and decent damage scale

At worst i can see the tele getting hitting with stamina. (which i dont agree on)

Boring Top 8.

DJT is probably thh best NRS player who plays that MU every single day against his brother who is also one of the best, with Kung Lao who has answers to Tanya,.
Im sorry I dont think that DJT can beat her anyone can argument is gonna fly imo.
"Damage scale"? You're kidding right? Her damage is average at best outside naginata.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Eh, what Tanya will get in terms of normalization will ultimately will be in NRS's hands. I don't think anything except teleport should be messed with to start, but Boon being there probably took notes.

Just please don't Injustice Scorpion her.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
"Damage scale"? You're kidding right? Her damage is average at best outside naginata.
I seen Deg get 37% while choosing which side, i know most chars can get that but its how many time she can consistently get. no a huge deal i guess just spit balling here, not saying what i want just guessing what NRS will do lol

Error404

Noob
I have a better idea. How about you start anti-airing the teleport with a preemptive standing 1 into combo or at least a d2 . When you start doing that consistently and she still seems broken to you i'll gladly grab my torch and join you in her being nerfed to the ground.

RM_NINfan101

Damage scaling... No. She doesn't need that. Listen, if Shinnok can get a 36% one bar, she can get 37% in Kobu Jutsu for 1 bar.

And that's in his zoning variant.

The chip? I think chip might get reduced across the board including for characters like Shinnok and Kung Lao but I can't really say for sure.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
To think I really used to like this character and thought she was fine. Now she has swine flu and needs to be quarantined.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I have a better idea. How about you start anti-airing the teleport with a preemptive standing 1 into combo or at least a d2 . When you start doing that consistently and she still seems broken to you i'll gladly grab my torch and join you in her being nerfed to the ground.
It's difficult to do that with the current invincibility. For example, as Jacqui I'd up rocket predicting a ji forward tele, but the invincibility would phase right through. Similarly, as Kenshi I'd try and anti-air with a preemptive overhead swipe but they'd phase through it.

The invincibility should be removed.

Once it's gone they have no excuse for sucking.

I seen Deg get 37% while choosing which side, i know most chars can get that but its how many time she can consistently get. no a huge deal i guess just spit balling here, not saying what i want just guessing what NRS will do lol
Her damage is fine, the problem is her mobility. I do not think making her teleport cost stamina is such a bad suggestion that it should be laughed at though. forward teleport is fine but some characters have very limited options to deal with a backwards teleporting tanya so maybe making that cost a bit of stamina is the answer. Every other character in the game has to pay for good backwards mobility so that sounds like a fair "normalisation" to me.

RM_NINfan101

It's difficult to do that with the current invincibility. For example, as Jacqui I'd up rocket predicting a ji forward tele, but the invincibility would phase right through. Similarly, as Kenshi I'd try and anti-air with a preemptive overhead swipe but they'd phase through it.

The invincibility should be removed.

Once it's gone they have no excuse for sucking.
I ultimately agree with this. You could tell that players were doing standing 1 AAs and more, but sometimes it would be inconsistent due to the invincibility it has. This showed with Gross and D. R.

Fix that, I think she's still extremely powerful, but fair.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Her damage is fine, the problem is her mobility. I do not think making her teleport cost stamina is such a bad suggestion that it should be laughed at though. forward teleport is fine but some characters have very limited option to deal with a backwards teleporting tanya so maybe making that cost a bit of stamina is the answer. Every other character in the game has to pay for good backwards mobility so that sounds like a fair "normalisation" to me.
Every character has options to deal with a backwards teleport Tanya if you read that's what they're gonna do. Shocker that you might have to actually predict what your opponent is gonna do in a fighting game huh.

Her "shtick" is her mobility. I honestly can't understand why everyone wants every character to play like everyone else. The variety and difference in character strengths is what makes for a robust game. We finally have a character with good mobility and the first thought is, "my chacacter doesn't play like that, nerf it!"

Every character has options to deal with a backwards teleport Tanya if you read that's what they're gonna do. Shocker that you might have to actually predict what your opponent is gonna do in a fighting game huh.

Her "shtick" is her mobility. I honestly can't understand why everyone wants every character to play like everyone else. The variety and difference in character strengths is what makes for a robust game. We finally have a character with good mobility and the first thought is, "my chacacter doesn't play like that, nerf it!"
Ive played mostly Tanya since she came out. She would still have the best mobility in the game even if my suggested backwards teleport normalisation were to happen. I like this game more then I like tanya and its pretty obvious that her teleport options could be a bit too good and i don't think removing invincibility would quite do it. Your obviously glued to your opinion so ill leave it at that.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Ive played mostly Tanya since she came out. She would still have the best mobility in the game even if my suggested backwards teleport normalisation were to happen. I like this game more then I like tanya and its pretty obvious that her teleport options could be a bit too good and i don't think removing invincibility would quite do it. Your obviously glued to your opinion so ill leave it at that.
If back teleport costs stamina, it just destroys pyro while not addressing the strength of Kobu which is ridiculous forward tele pressure from difficult to anti-air teles.

If you make teleports cost stamina, you cripple her as a character. Raiden, D'Vorah, Cassie all got nerfs that didn't change their core gameplay, yet it's ok to destroy Tanya because she's not a rush down 50/50 character.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If back teleport costs stamina, it just destroys pyro while not addressing the strength of Kobu which is ridiculous forward tele pressure from difficult to anti-air teles.

If you make teleports cost stamina, you cripple her as a character. Raiden, D'Vorah, Cassie all got nerfs that didn't change their core gameplay, yet it's ok to destroy Tanya because she's not a rush down 50/50 character.
You're wrong. Anyone who can stop Erron 50/50's or Lao ultimate rushdown temporarily needs to be normalized to Sheeva tier immediately.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Fyi, YOMI and Sonic Fox are actively trying to get Tanya nerfed before EVO because she's broken and could ruin how our game is viewed. It's not just "scrubs crying".
If MKX at Evo looks like Injustice did because of Tanya, its going to kill the scene for the game outside of the standard core. MKX has been a real chance for the competitive MK scene to expand, but...

I dunno. I liked watching MKX. Watching the top 8 of Tanya and Some Chars who can Fight Tanya wasnt nearly as interesting. I have BlazBlue if I want to see an airdasher, and that one has way more characters.

DJT being able to shut down teleport pressure pretty consistently shows that it is possible.

And to squash out any counterpoints that may arise about DJT's ease of being able to do so being because of Lao's spin, he was also able to do it with buttons while playing both Sub-Zero and Lao. Also there were many other people consistently punishing her teleports with buttons, most memorable being Honeybee.

Having said that it probably still needs slight tweaking in some regards, but the people who did their homework or that had the match up experience were able to counter it fairly well.
Tanya vs sz is pretty manageable post patch. Clone stop forward teleport, etc... It was the old ex teleport that gave him issues. I had little problem with her teleport in pools. That being said, its too much. They counted to 1000 before one got punished.

Normal teleport needs to take stamina. Say anything you want, most tournaments will look like this if nothing is done.

Depends how much stamina were talking about. but i don't want to talk any further about the stamina thing because it was just a suggestion backed with what i believe to be reasonable points. Not saying thats th only way to go. Also, in Tanya's case it is her core gameplay that is the problem.