What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfw

Toys can't save you!

Perhaps it's her?
The blue thing could be a boomerang? I wanna know why they got an oreo just sitting on the desk like that.

Perhaps there is a reason why Tanya is in and Jade out. Is Tanya Jade's killer?
I like that. Heh.

Nope, although I'd love to be proven wrong because I'm not sure about this look.

I don't think they'll fix her skin tone either, to be honest.
Yeah this is a major change in her design. I think this gives Edenia layers to its diverse culture(s) though.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I don't like how light she is. Why they do that?
Her skin color is too light! Her ass looked like Jade Ewen back in MK4 but now she looks like Natalia Kills!
I'm pretty psyched for her, I hope she follows suit with NRS DLC and ends up being godly.

They really brightened her skin tone, though...kinda weird
Why is Tanya white though? She's always been black.

racist alert

#colorblind

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Can you provide some of these instances where white characters were made black? I'm curious to see this.
Not as blatant but there's plenty of minority versions of what are traditionally "white superheroes."

but the only one i can think of that would be on this level is Nick Fury in the mcu

Not as blatant but there's plenty of minority versions of what are traditionally "white superheroes."

but the only one i can think of that would be on this level is Nick Fury in the mcu
Another big recent one is changing Human Torch from white to black for some reason in the new Fantastic Four movie. lol. It's fine with me, I'm not a hurt comic enthusiast. But it was interesting to see the backlash comic nerds got, mostly odd cries of racism, when they proclaimed their dislike for a needless change. My point was that it just shouldn't matter anymore what color (or tone) any character is. I don't know, I know this kind of topic really opens a can of worms on the internet so I probably shouldn't say anything else

Sindelia

Nether Witch
YES YES YES YES! Been waiting for her reveal since the game's announcement! :D
Glad to see that both Ed's sisters Sonya/Tanya are in the same game lol
I want to see the lower half of her body now and I'd rather her hair was a bit longer, reminds me of Mileena's like that.
Doesn't matter though, Princess Treachery Fans unite we got a looong ride ahead of us!
@Vak Phoenix

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
sindel killed half the roster including jade in mk9...

it was kind of a big deal
Yeah, and (at LEAST) three of them who died in said massacre have been resurrected. I don't think it's unreasonable to speculate that NRS will explain what happened to the others since then.

Dark

Noob
I like her costume, i think she should be taller and have white eyes though. Maybe longer hair.

I'm one of the people who really wanted Tanya in the game and I'm ecstatic that she's in. Can't wait to see what she'll play like, I think she'll keep her MK4 moves like her spiral arrow-esque move, split kick and air fireball but I'm not sure how she'll be revamped. Don't have a clue what her variations will be, the characters post-MK3 are pretty ambiguous.

On the topic of her look, I'm not worried. I mean it's pretty obvious she's in the early stages of development when you compare her to the other female characters.

Reactions: cfw

Neclord

Noob
You're still trying with this? Her model is incomplete. Is it because she doesn't look like a DOA girl?
No, just because I have a DoA character as my avatar doesn't mean I want that for MKX.
I just want NRS to improve their models. If you lack at something, it's not a bad idea to look at other games and see what good things you can copy from them.

DoA models wouldn't fit in this game, but they could at least try to match the models of their older games.

But do you really think they will change something about this model? I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.