What's new

General/Other - Tanya Tanya Pre-Release General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I can't wait to play her. Been looking forward to her announcement for a while.

Bring on them boomerangs NRS. MK4 neck snap is a must.

Hopefully her P2 color is Yellow/Black and they darken her skin.

So hyped she's back!!

I like her design. All kinds of characters receive adjustments in the entertainment business as franchises evolve. Even if they made her a lighter tone of black, who cares? Hope they keep it the way it is

cfw

Toys can't save you!
I like her design. All kinds of characters receive adjustments in the entertainment business as franchises evolve. Even if they made her a lighter tone of black, who cares? Hope they keep it the way it is
This is a sorry excuse. I care. There was no point in lightening the tone of her skin when she's been darker in every other game she's been in. She's nearly unrecognizable.

This is a sorry excuse. I care. There was no point in lightening the tone of her skin when she's been darker in every other game she's been in. She's nearly unrecognizable.
The lighting on her was especially bright and this, most likely, is a rough model. I am sure they will make alterations, including skin tone.

On a side note, NRS insists on up-dos and chopping off hair :( They really can't figure out long hair.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
The lighting on her was especially bright and this, most likely, is a rough model. I am sure they will make alterations, including skin tone.

On a side note, NRS insists on up-dos and chopping off hair :( They really can't figure out long hair.
That's what I'm hoping, I actually really like her features tho. I refuse to believe that NRS would pull a VF.
It's so easy for other people to brush this BS off without a second thought to it.

That's fine if you care obviously, but there have been plenty of instances when white characters were just made black, but when people complain, it opens the predictable racism discussion which isn't fair. I think people should just kind of roll with redesigns. Skin tone shouldn't really matter, right? I'm more concerned with how she plays and what skins she may end up having. In such early stages, it's kind of hard to judge on this anyway. The lighting in the video may have just been off and she's actually darker than she seems. Who knows

Right, remember how far Cassie has come since she was first shown at E3?

Personally, I like the new design. She's got this Egyptian look to her.

Voodoo

Smack it up, flip it and rub it down.
That's fine if you care obviously, but there have been plenty of instances when white characters were just made black, but when people complain, it opens the predictable racism discussion which isn't fair. I think people should just kind of roll with redesigns. Skin tone shouldn't really matter, right? I'm more concerned with how she plays and what skins she may end up having. In such early stages, it's kind of hard to judge on this anyway. The lighting in the video may have just been off and she's actually darker than she seems. Who knows
Can you provide some of these instances where white characters were made black? I'm curious to see this.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
I don't care that you think the "racism discussion" is unfair.

Would you all calm the fuck down. The character isn't even complete. They could tweak any number of things about her, including her skin tone, based on design or fan feedback.

Christ.
No. I'm pretty calm tbh, but thanks for ur concern.

cfw

Toys can't save you!
Does anyone think that the DLC characters will actually get extra skins this time? It hurt my heart when only Zod got a skin (I understand why tho).

lol ok whatever. You seem a little tense.
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little bothered by it. But I've already made my peace with it hoping it's just early stuff and it'll get fixed later on.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
Does anyone think that the DLC characters will actually get extra skins this time?
Nope, although I'd love to be proven wrong because I'm not sure about this look.

I don't think they'll fix her skin tone either, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.