What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Alright real question. Does Takeda just struggle against Kitana? And if not how do I deal with her? I get frametrapped to death, apprently a lot of things beat exbf2s armor. So what exactly are you supposed to do against her?

No he doesn t struggle it s a 5-5 IMO except maybe assassin IDK about it because of the new buffs .keep her in b21 range and wait for the fans then duck them also u can use the ground teleport to punish her

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
No he doesn t struggle it s a 5-5 IMO except maybe assassin IDK about it because of the new buffs .keep her in b21 range and wait for the fans then duck them also u can use the ground teleport to punish her
Yeah I was getting bodied by an assassin Kitana and I was playing Ronin. The few times I messed up against them, I ate over 40% meterless consistently cause of sharpen buffs.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Alright real question. Does Takeda just struggle against Kitana? And if not how do I deal with her? I get frametrapped to death, apprently a lot of things beat exbf2s armor. So what exactly are you supposed to do against her?
I struggle a lot with Kitana. Especially Assassin. I normally pick SR vs all 3 variations and its not an easy matchup.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I don't find Kitana to be a tough match up for takeda. Especially in SR. Holding teleport and reacting to fans really messes up Kitanas fullscreen game. You also launch for a full combo if u teleport an IA fan.

She also has to commit to an non-launching wake up because her ex uppercut won't reach after bf2 (u can oki with a meaty mid kunai instead of dashing up)

Remember neutral duck after d1 to avoid d1 into fan and put her at frame disadvantage. Respect her frames and block low and you should be fine.

Also. No jumping.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I don't find Kitana to be a tough match up for takeda. Especially in SR. Holding teleport and reacting to fans really messes up Kitanas fullscreen game. You also launch for a full combo if u teleport an IA fan.

She also has to commit to an non-launching wake up because her ex uppercut won't reach after bf2 (u can oki with a meaty mid kunai instead of dashing up)

Remember neutral duck after d1 to avoid d1 into fan and put her at frame disadvantage. Respect her frames and block low and you should be fine.

Also. No jumping.
The few times I fight someone's Kitana I'm always Ronin Takeda which is apprently more difficult. The neutral duck after d1 should help. I haven't gotten the hang of holding TP or using it on reaction which is just more practice to do. Thanks team

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
The few times I fight someone's Kitana I'm always Ronin Takeda which is apprently more difficult. The neutral duck after d1 should help. I haven't gotten the hang of holding TP or using it on reaction which is just more practice to do. Thanks team

Yeah I personally wouldn't suggest ronin vs Kitana, but I'm no ronin expert either. Maybe @hayatei or @StealthyMuffin could help in that department.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
How negative is this fucker's instant NJP? I swear takedas will use this as a counterpoke when I use lackey (or just wake up with it for no reason) and they're always able to just backdash or block when I bait it out.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Just bait it and whiff punish it by taking a step back or just not moving you can also block and he ll lose his turn or you can contest his njp and you will win
I'll lab it out and see what lackey's options are after a blocked d1 vs his njp. I just hated having to respect it every time and block, ending my turn if the guys smart.