What's new

General/Other - Takeda Takeda General Discussion Thread

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
So I've been learning Takeda the past couple weeks.

The one thing I can't seem to find a place for in a match are 21 and B11 strings. That includes the 2 and B1 normals themselves. What am I missing? Is it just another in the long list of NRS things with no true purpose? I don't understand why I would be doing them instead of B21
How else are we going to do that nifty 212 Brutality? :DOGE

How else are we going to do that nifty 212 Brutality? :DOGE
If your opponent likes to jump a bunch i usually do 21xdb3 into f122+4xbf1 good meterless 26 and it anti airs. Also 21xdb3 tele cancel is good if your opponent is really far away and u dont want them to get in. I find that string really usefull against spam jumping teleporting Tanyas especially since its only 14 frames now and the range is really good. Furthermore 21 into tele cancel is good for footsies but they have to be far enough so they cant punish.

B11 is good if you have the +2 from the mid kunai, or if they block your down4. u throw that out there and if they try to jump in of move thell bet hit. Just cancel it into aything safe or bf1 and takeda steps back so its hard to punish if its blocked.
Also guys d4 is a good pressure starting tool because if blocked it pushes them back and your +2 so it allows you to start using thosesexy whips.(b11).
or if you are in ronin u do 21 and it leaves you plus 2 and it pushed you opponent back so u automatically do the b112 which is now a 11frame move (9frames after a blocked 21 or d4) and it great range. No one can stop that Without meteR i dont think.

In lasher after a blocked d4 automatically do a d+f1xbf2(db2) they cant punish this and they will more than likely try to move after the blocked d4. They cant even jump back cause that d+f1 is too quick after a blocked d4

Pleasa

#NerfMisterChief
I have been playing around with Takeda's cancels into Tornado Kick for a bit now with success... Not sure how many of you use it or even know its there, but I figure I'd show the tech either way...

The videos show SR and Lasher, but the cancel can be done in all variations including Ronin..

This is more inline with Mileena/Scorpion's jump kick cancels which can be annoying as hell... As you all know, these can be done on hit, on block, and even on whiff (or no contact)...

Tweedy

Noob
Was labbing some today with one of my friends who plays Takeda vs Tanya.

When you block the B1 and crouch block immediately after, EX BF4(close) blows up EX tonfa for a full combo.

It also option selects her overhead special that the good Tanya's mix in.

Nereus

Noob
Not sure if this is already common with Takeda but..

When you do EX Kunai and hold it.. you'll typically get a throw if you try to use 3. So for example.. you'll throw EX Kunai and you'll do 3,3,4. If you do 3,3,4 while holding 1, a grab will come out. But, for some reason, there are times where the normal will actually come out while you're holding 3.

Here's another example: EX Kunai (hold) > d3 > Release Kunai > f1,2 2+4 xx db1 (close). This is a jailing blockstring that the opponent is forced to eat if you land the d3.

You can also do things like: EX Kunai (Hold) > f3 > release Kunai > stuff
EX Kunai (Hold) > f4 > release Kunai > stuff

The f3 and f4 after the EX Kunai is tricky if you're looking for a jailing blockstring (That into f1,2, 2+4)

F3 has a lot of blockstun as well.. and is typically safe. F4 is a high but it's +2 on block and it hits on crouched blocking opponents.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
When you do EX Kunai and hold it.. you'll typically get a throw if you try to use 3. So for example.. you'll throw EX Kunai and you'll do 3,3,4. If you do 3,3,4 while holding 1, a grab will come out. But, for some reason, there are times where the normal will actually come out while you're holding 3.
It depends on if another input overlaps with the "1" in EXdb1.
I still have no idea how or why this is a thing.

Nereus

Noob
It depends on if another input overlaps with the "1" in EXdb1.
I still have no idea how or why this is a thing.
Huh.. weird. Why is it that when i do b3 after the EX Kunai (Hold) the throw comes out.. but the f3 will come out if i try to do f3?

Last edited:

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Are you sure? Ive had it done to me before and it has never hit me until now. And I usually play Jax or Kotal vs Takeda so its not like its hard to do it to them.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Jump in punch
Thanks, so basically if I block a B21 he has the option of going

- close kunai in which case I can armour, backdash or block
- EX-Kunai (no delay) in which case just armor or block
- EX-Kunai delayed into B21 or NjP for the hard to blockable, both of which are beaten out by JiP or some amor depending on hitbox

and I just have to made the read, or is there a failsafe? Is there anything else I can add to any of those 3 options?

Thanks, so basically if I block a B21 he has the option of going

- close kunai in which case I can armour, backdash or block
- EX-Kunai (no delay) in which case just armor or block
- EX-Kunai delayed into B21 or NjP for the hard to blockable, both of which are beaten out by JiP or some amor depending on hitbox

and I just have to made the read, or is there a failsafe? Is there anything else I can add to any of those 3 options?
-You can t backdash or armor close kunai off f212+4 only mid kunai
-Yes
-True