What's new

Tech - Swarm Queen Swarm Queen Pressure (Frame Traps, WGC, and Mixups)

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Any reason you're not doing 212~swarm, NJP, b21~swarm? You need a short walk before the NJP and b21 but it works fine and is only beaten by ex wakeups. Gives free f11 pressure or can be confirmed into f34 or whatever your raw swarm combo is.
This is especially deadly after a f11 EX Wasp, because you can run for a solid second and a half and then do this to land them straight in the corner for free pressure.
Sweet. I messed with b21 db1 stuff before but didn't explore it much. Gonna try these out and hope to add it to my game.

Krackatoa

BEES? BEES!
Sup.

Meaty d1 is safe Vs. 11 Frame Reversals

End any combo in nj2 > nj3 > Meaty Pool and then d1 and block. (Land the nj3 fairly high up, just below the apex as you're falling.)
You break armor on their quick wakeup.
On rollback > wakeup, you block in time.
On delay knockdown, go ham after d1.
Might have fucked up in testing. Going to do more checks.

Currently testing more.

Too slow vs. Cyclone.

Edit: I just... beat Sub Zero's wakeup EX Slide with a Swarm Vortex clean... <_<

Things I learned:

1. The Wakeup Window is earlier than the standard getup window. k
2. I haven't been able to replicate my magic EX Slide breaking Swarm Vortex (It might be that armor runs out on frame 9 or 10 of EX Slide, before it goes active)
3. Meaty d1 just let's you block because of the short recovery after the active frames.
4. I obviously don't know enough about MK.

Last edited:

mountlover

My fingers hurt.
I just... beat Sub Zero's wakeup EX Slide with a Swarm Vortex clean... <_<
This happens to me a lot in training mode (most notable example off the top of my head is EX Kano Ball). Swarm vortex will just beat armored moves clean. I don't know how to explain it but it seems to happen like 5% of the time at random. I just chalked it up to a bug but it's entirely possible that there's a timing whereby the swarm vortex connects right after the last frame of armor expires.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I guess this belongs here:

Footage of Deg using the frame traps. Not sure what the strings are. Please let me know what the inputs are from the 3 minute 10 second mark on.
F112 Df1 FF+Block F112 Df1 FFBlock(messed up the second dash cancel though)

You can do the same thing off of F22 or b1, and sometimes d4 or d1(these have bigger gaps though)

Can someone please tell me how to do the 22 bug cancel into the combo I'm having such a hard time I can't land it once the timing is completely different from raiden/liu kangs fireball cancel :( any tips appreciated

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
Can someone please tell me how to do the 22 bug cancel into the combo I'm having such a hard time I can't land it once the timing is completely different from raiden/liu kangs fireball cancel :( any tips appreciated
22 I don't know if that combos on hit, however, F22 is a hard link that combos. My tip is wait until you just barely see the Bug come out of D'vorah's arm and then do the dash cancel. You have to train yourself to input the 212 immediately after the dashcancel. A bit difficult timing. Some other suggestions is that you only need to press f block instead ff block to run cancel for some reason. Best of luck!

Practice on gettting the f11 WGC 212 link first as that one is the absolute easiest. Once you got that down then you can use that timing to help the f22.