What's new

Tech Submit your post patch trait setups here

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Don't forget you can also use the bg bounce interactable which gives a decently long duration hard knockdown. Only problem is you are right next to them.

I'll test this now. And being next to them is just as good as being full-screen lol.

ooooo this leaves you at a big + because when I set opp to jump after a BG bounce I'm at the peak of my jump as he jumps. Maybe +5? I'll go do combos now lol. Will update with them.

Matix218

Get over here!
I love that B3, F3 trait is completely safe, does a minimum of 19% AND is unclashable talk about a great way to end a round!

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
2 x BG Bounce ender (+5?)

B1U2 , F3 , D2 , JI2 , 2 x BG Bounce , Trait 26%
F3 , JI2 , D2 , JI2 , 2 x BG Bounce , Trait 27% (MB F3 does 32%)
132 , JI2 , 2 x BG Bounce , Trait 23%
B3 , JI3 , JI2 , 2 x BG Bounce , Trait 30% (MB B3 does 35%)

Vagrant you can add this, idea is credited to Vulcan Hades

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
I got a potential corner set up with B1U2~D2, Trait into 1,3,2.If they jump you can do sword flip or a D2 if they stay grounded you can do 1,3,2 string as you know the 3 is unblockable but you just have to make a good read.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Honestly, there are so many ****ing ways to set up the trait now it's hilarious. It's hardly even worth thinking about since you can often just use trait after a normal BnB and get away with it against a lot of characters. At this point, you might as well just look for the STRONGEST trait setups as opposed to the safest ones.

Any combo, 1, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire is an extremely strong setup that works against a lot of characters (costs 1 meter).
Any combo, 1, 323, D2 xx Trait is free, and still fairly high damage
B1U2, F3, D2 still remains to be the most positive setup

This new trait is gdlk

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Honestly, there are so many ****ing ways to set up the trait now it's hilarious. It's hardly even worth thinking about since you can often just use trait after a normal BnB and get away with it against a lot of characters. At this point, you might as well just look for the STRONGEST trait setups as opposed to the safest ones.

Any combo, 1, 323, 12 xx MB Quick Fire is an extremely strong setup that works against a lot of characters (costs 1 meter).
Any combo, 1, 323, D2 xx Trait is free, and still fairly high damage
B1U2, F3, D2 still remains to be the most positive setup

This new trait is gdlk

I still find it hilarious that we can get away with Traiting after an Unclashable LMAOOO. It feels good having something dirty again.

Vagrant

Noob
Lol I will certainly try to remember to tag everyone guys. If I forget, it's simply because, for whatever reason, my brain did not make the recollection at the time I was making the tags. It is no slight against you =)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Lol I will certainly try to remember to tag everyone guys. If I forget, it's simply because, for whatever reason, my brain did not make the recollection at the time I was making the tags. It is no slight against you =)

Honestly there are so many DS mains it doesn't really matter. Whoever sees the thread will surely keep it alive enough for the others to come.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I'm not exactly sure if BG bounce setups are even worth it anymore. BG bounces do SO much damage that I'd just want to finish the combo. Also, most BG bounce combos can be ended with MB Quick Fire. From my testing, Corps Charge, Raven's full screen trait grab, and Lightning Charge can't even hit you if you MB Quick Fire into trait.

I forgot to test against projectiles though. Could someone try those out for me? Techroll+wakeup fast projectiles like Iceberg.

I've been the very first to be a DS main since the Trailer! (let's all play the who's got a bigger dick game)
Haha dude, I'm not even kidding that's the exact moment I wanted to be a DS main. He's stuck ever since. By the way guys, I'm really digging these new trait setups especially the unclashable one:)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I'm not exactly sure if BG bounce setups are even worth it anymore. BG bounces do SO much damage that I'd just want to finish the combo. Also, most BG bounce combos can be ended with MB Quick Fire. From my testing, Corps Charge, Raven's full screen trait grab, and Lightning Charge can't even hit you if you MB Quick Fire into trait.

I forgot to test against projectiles though. Could someone try those out for me? Techroll+wakeup fast projectiles like Iceberg.

You're definitely right about the BG thing. But it's really dependant on positionning. If you're in range of the BG already as you start the combo, you go for the damage since you'll end up carrying the opponent out of its range. But if you start let's say jump distance from the corner then you're able to carry your opponent to the BG at the end of a combo it's worth trying the set-up.

I'll also test your Quickfire MB stuff now and give an update.

EDIT: Against QuickFire you don't even have enough time to start the Trait =/