What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero: The Devolution of a character

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
give him the ice sword from deadly alliance that sticks in the opponent and makes them bleed till they die, the end.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
Erron Black took that.
the bleed stops after a few seconds, sub zeros was infinite till death. That would create a new pressure game that makes the opponent panic as the slowly die from the bleed, but it would also possibly be a disadvantage for sub cause after he stabs he cant re-spawn the sword. I thought that was a cool concept, I think scorpion and someone else had that ability as well in DA.

Last edited:

Antlergroin

Sub-Zero main - Tremor and Scorpion scrub.
He's got a ton of stuff, it just happens to suck. Like Ermac's spectral, Takeda's lasher, and Jacqui's everything. Kung Lao's top tier and he doesn't even use half his movelist. The problem isn't that Sub needs more, its that he needs better.
which was the point of the thread

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I love this thread and the author rocks the world.
NRS was extremely cheap with Sub Zero.
However Sub Zero will always be fun to play, so we'll be happy. I just thought NRS did a very lazy job on designing Sub Zero, nothing new was given and they just divided the character instead of expanding the character.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
I love this thread and the author rocks the world.
NRS was extremely cheap with Sub Zero.
However Sub Zero will always be fun to play, so we'll be happy. I just thought NRS did a very lazy job on designing Sub Zero, nothing new was given and they just divided the character instead of expanding the character.
they had to focus on the 6 new characters they added lol, sub zero is a day one character, they did the same thing with kung lao hes near identical to mk9 lao.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I agree with the OP. Some characters just feel incomplete in ideas. MoS Raiden just has one added move. I enjoy playing it but wouldn't mind a more 'exciting' experience. I can see why sub zero mains that don't use GM feel like they're playing a bland/gimped/odd character.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Cryo air special, 3 thrown ice daggers. Just like what Nightwing had in Injustice. Good damage, response to zoning, natural combo of jik, cray punishable if done in someone's face.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
"was in UMK3 and MK9" != "iconic to series".

Sub's "iconic" moves are the ice ball and slide, his clone has been missing from more games than its been in. Raiden has a bigger claim to his teleport in all vars than Sub does to his clone.
I don't think you know what iconic means

It's ISNT about "most commonly used"

It's about "most iconic" these are two different things

And to say Ice Clone isn't iconic to Sub-Zero and one of the main things that makes him so unique, is just crazy. It's like taking Scorps chain away