What's new

Guide - Grandmaster Sub-Zero GRANDMASTER Guide

Killey

Noob
Does anyone know the frame advantage you get for exploding an ice clone in front of the opponent? Just trying to formulate block strings and potential mix ups after wards. I've been experimenting with corner pressure strings such as f+4 xx Ice Clone, f+4 xx Clone Toss into either b+2 or B+3,3.

A video might be a little more helpful than the transcript. All of these are with the b12 starter with different finishers.

Edit: Also the combo with the slide finisher hits 50% instead of 49% if you do j3 instead of j2 after the nj1/2

Last edited:

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
Any tips on consistently run canceling after hitting an ex DB1? I can get it maybe 4/10 times. I'm following up with F42,1+3 and it seems like my F1 wiffs most of the time even when I am in range after the DB1.

Also, anyone have any optimal ONLINE combos because run cancel online is horrendous so I've been sticking to 242,run,F42,1+3 for only 23%.

Thanks in advance.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
123 slide is your go-to ender in almost every situation midscreen. The wallcarry is insane.

This is more of a general tip but after finishing a combo don't bother going into a mixup unless you have a read, a basic 242 run 123 slide will guarantee that a run f42 clone will push them to the corner no matter where you started from.

Last edited:

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
So I guess this is more of a general question more than a Grandmaster specific but, after hitting D4 mid-screen, is it best to just concede pressure since it pushes the opponent away on hit in this game.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So I guess this is more of a general question more than a Grandmaster specific but, after hitting D4 mid-screen, is it best to just concede pressure since it pushes the opponent away on hit in this game.
If they like to press buttons then it's safe to walk forward and clone or generally bait them into something stupid. You're + enough for that. If they don't press buttons then go for it.

A video might be a little more helpful than the transcript. All of these are with the b12 starter with different finishers.

Edit: Also the combo with the slide finisher hits 50% instead of 49% if you do j3 instead of j2 after the nj1/2
These are great damage and def thank you for these. However they seem a bit impractical because you need to have the clone behind you, losing its protection, in order to do them.

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."

I wonder how the scaling on this will be after the new patch.

These are great damage and def thank you for these. However they seem a bit impractical because you need to have the clone behind you, losing its protection, in order to do them.
Yeah i haven't really found where it would be particularly useful. I did learn that if you setup with forward 1, 2, set the clone and then run or jump in vs scorpion, if he wakes up with teleport to get out of the corner he will run into the clone without hitting you at all.

But yeah in general I figure it's really situational and only particularly viable if you have really conditioned your opponent to block...

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster

@Tom Brady What do I win? (Obviously I didn't do the same setup for both characters, and I found at least one I don't think it works on. Still need to do the rest of the cast.)

Edit: Videos were private. Fixed.

rdw

Be cool...
@Tom Brady Found 2 different ways to do it both using the 'same mechanic' wich you showed by mistake in your stream while trying to punish something on training mode :)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I really see no point in hiding this. It's no a secret and would be discovered, why even do this.
- Kenshi

Run into clone, run into B throw = Frozen if teched.

D4 clone on hit - B throw = Frozen if teched.

D3 clone on hit - B throw = Frozen if teched.

F33 clone on hit - B throw = Frozen if teched.

12 clone on hit - B throw = Frozen if teched.

Any combo that is ended with F12 into clone ( which I consider the best clone setup post-knockdown ) can also trigger this with, again, a B throw.

Last edited:

@Tom Brady What do I win? (Obviously I didn't do the same setup for both characters, and I found at least one I don't think it works on. Still need to do the rest of the cast.)

Edit: Videos were private. Fixed.
I really see no point in hiding this. It's no a secret and would be discovered, why even do this.
- Kenshi

Run into clone, run into B throw = Frozen if teched.

D4 clone on hit - B throw = Frozen if teched.

D3 clone on hit - B throw = Frozen if teched.

F33 clone on hit - B throw = Frozen if teched.

12 clone on hit - B throw = Frozen if teched.

Any combo that is ended with F12 into clone ( which I consider the best clone setup post-knockdown ) can also trigger this with, again, a B throw.
I have 2 set ups that work on every character. 1 after the combo and 1 after a blocked attack. all the other set ups are too risky on block and also require you to forgo the guaranteed combo on hit in order to clone instead.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I have 2 set ups that work on every character. 1 after the combo and 1 after a blocked attack. all the other set ups are too risky on block and also require you to forgo the guaranteed combo on hit in order to clone instead.
Look at the thread I tagged you in.

deadacid

Noob
EDIT: does anyone know the conditions that makes ice clone not spawn? it seems really particular to me.

Last edited:

Hini

Batomancer
someone tell me wtf does all the numbers be like back +1 im a ps4 player lol is there a key??
1 = Square
2 = Triangle
3 = X
4 = Circle

I swear there is supposed to be a legend guide somewhere but I couldnt find it either.

Edit: Either way these kind of questions should be asked in The Noob Passage part of the forums. Chances are there is someone who has already asked the same question.