What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero General Discussion

Lokheit

Noob
Is there anything that requires Stamina Meter in Sub-Zero's combos?
Cryomancer basically is about finishing open field strings with B2-RUN-F4,2,1+3 though you don't have too many problems with stamina use. I usually backdash after a freeze to get the right distance for the JIP fast enough and even with the remaining half bar there is anough stamina for the RUN part of the string (and you end the string at full stamina IIRC due to the time the 1+3 part takes).

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Is anyone working on a list of string gaps that you can parry in unbreakable? I want to work on one but I don't want to waste time on work that's already been done.

so forgive me but i have a OCD tendency to classify things in any game especially in one that has classifications. so since release and messing with sub and reading peoples comments/watching there vids this is right now how i see each variation.

Grandmaster= the primary zoner. not "from across the screen" zoning. but what zoning fundamentally is...space control. his iceclone and the stuff he can do with it is pure zoning gold and is one of the reasons hes one of the best at it right now. is it punishable? sure, but thena gain im pretty sure most moves in this game are intended to be so.

Cryomancer=Punisher, hes able to do 30-40% meterless combos from anywhere on the screen. hes able to do 50/50's better then the rest. i wanted to label him as rushdown but imo hes not. you dont seem him doing long combo strings into blocks for chip or anything. hes about well places moves not a million safe on block strings.

Unbreakable=Defensive rushdown, i had to pretty much come up with a new description for this. Basically hes not a real rushdown, but with a bit of 50/50..what little base sub has. along with the ability to get a freeze parry/nullify projectiles and avoid chip/reduce damage. he can be more reckless then either of the other two, able to take more punishment then nearly any character in the game. what he lacks in damage he makes up for in infuriating defense.

does this sound about right to you guys?

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Any ideas on how to win vs. Ferra/Torr Vicious? Idk what to do after a blocked NJP from F/T. F/T projectile goes through my iceball/clone.

Yesterday I got so frustrated.. No matter what I was doing with my Cryomancer online it wouldn't connect. Got me thinking if I shouyld change my main but Sub-Zero is my man! I cannot leave him...

Concerning GM sub z.
I need some help with teleporters. Is shinnoks TP in the air punishable with a d2 or a normal? They only thing I can do currently is NJK, since NJP seems to get beaten by shinnoks punch. I need to guess if he is gonna do it too and even then he can bait my jump and TP afterwards.

The D2 whiffs or gets beaten by Kung Laos TP too, so I am looking for another option if there is one.

I dunno if it is online lag or what but it is so hard to punish people just constantly doing teleports. It doesn't matter if I punish them a couple of times because they will eventually land a combo from a whiff or bait and make up for the tiny amount of punish damage I did earlier.

I tend to agree that cryomancer needs more dmg. It either needs to do Raiden levels of dmg or the unique strings need some adjustments to make it a competitive variation.

I tend to agree that cryomancer needs more dmg. It either needs to do Raiden levels of dmg or the unique strings need some adjustments to make it a competitive variation.
i agree to this. its not that i find the damage bad. but other characters can do more midscreen and corner and cryomancer gives up a lot of utility for that. i think if his B+3,3 could hit males too midscreen that would hel pa lot to flesh him out'

then give him some + frames on his F+4,2,grab so he can pressure/mixup appropriately, nothing insane.

then maybe give him a better reason to use his other two unique strings. there are some nice things about the F+1,2,2 but 1,1,1 is freaking useless im finding.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Is there a list somewhere for what characters you are able to b33 into regular freeze in mid screen? I know it works against Cassie and Dvorah. Maybe just females, or smaller hitbox characters?

EDIT: Never mind just saw that Sub Zero woman beater thread.

Last edited: