What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Sub-Zero Beta Discussion Thread

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Sub has no pressure , if they block ur string your turn is over , scorpion is + on almost all his block strings , you block his string , you have to armor out cuz it's still his turn,oh and sub builds meter worst than any character in the cast , why would a scorpion player use unsafe shit considering All the safe ass shit he has . I'm not trying to down play sub I'm jus saying the MU is extremely in scorps favor despite everyone saying he's mid tier

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Sub has no pressure , if they block ur string your turn is over , scorpion is + on almost all his block strings , you block his string , you have to armor out cuz it's still his turn,oh and sub builds meter worst than any character in the cast , why would a scorpion player use unsafe shit considering All the safe ass shit he has . I'm not trying to down play sub I'm jus saying the MU is extremely in scorps favor despite everyone saying he's mid tier
Because you get the most damage off the unsafe shit, the safe shit scorpion has gets shit for damage so it is easy to have the high risk high reward tempt you as a scorpion player, and you have to abuse that

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Scorpion is a low risk character , he doesn't need to do unsafe shit , all he has to do is wait for you to let go of the block button. All I'm saying is scorpion is way better than ppl give him credit for. He has every option a character can have. And the little buffs he has received in the beta make a lot bigger of a diff than ppl realize yet.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Scorpion is a low risk character , he doesn't need to do unsafe shit , all he has to do is wait for you to let go of the block button. All I'm saying is scorpion is way better than ppl give him credit for. He has every option a character can have. And the little buffs he has received in the beta make a lot bigger of a diff than ppl realize yet.
So bait him, throw out a standing 1 and chances are they will think that you are throwing out something else and react with teleport, block again, punish, there are ways to counter. You need to mix and match a bunch of strategies since well, you are playing against a person, not a character, abuse their bad habits, if they keep falling for the same trick, keep doing it until they learn and trip them up with another trick

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
11 +1, 21 +1, 214+2.
I played the beta, are you sure the 214 string is +2 on block? I kept getting slid on when I didn't cancel it lol But I certainly noticed a big difference when it was super easy to do 214xtele, into 21 minion. And the 214x tele into 214 ex teleport.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I played the beta, are you sure the 214 string is +2 on block? I kept getting slid on when I didn't cancel it lol But I certainly noticed a big difference when it was super easy to do 214xtele, into 21 minion. And the 214x tele into 214 ex teleport.
Frame data says +2. Feels plus to me.

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
Press the share button?

Put a flash drive into your console and upload to YouTube. You should be able to upload it directly from your PS4 if you don't have a flash drive or whatever.

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Frame data says +2. Feels plus to me.
I probably tried to move after it, and got hit. I play Inferno I will say Hellfire's 214 run pressure felt a bit stronger. So it probably did get buffed, though I thought it was only the cancel window that changed it. I'll have to test it.

Jason Pls

Certified free as fuck
I get 8% for a slide , he blocks he gets 36% into a vortex. Why would I slide at scorpion , ur bad at math
You get 8 for a slide and b33/b2/any blockstring pressure? And if you block/duck spear close/medium range, takedown, teleport, use the gap in 21|4, or do anything really of the rest of his - moves then Cryo gets an easy 30~ damage and more with a bar so what's the problem here?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
You get 8 for a slide and b33/b2/any blockstring pressure? And if you block/duck spear close/medium range, takedown, teleport, use the gap in 21|4, or do anything really of the rest of his - moves then Cryo gets an easy 30~ damage and more with a bar so what's the problem here?
Scorpion can punish b33 and b2

Pygmy_Potato

BF4+FF+BLK
Wow. Didn't realize that. You should definitely get in touch with the New Orleans scene. We're very active. 20+ man local tournaments and we meet regularly for casuals.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I get 8% for a slide , he blocks he gets 36% into a vortex. Why would I slide at scorpion , ur bad at math
On the flip side of the coin, Scorps slide is like -35 and negative even on HIT and has like D4 range in comparison to yours hitting past midscreen, so maybe complaining that your slide isn't good enough is probably not the best argument for this match up, especially since it was suggested to use it as a punish (aka, risk free)

He has every option a character can have? Seriously? Which variation are you talking about here and I'll tell you his holes

@GAV oh god ahahahaha can you make a background with the two of them in one pic please

Reactions: GAV