What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
any laura players care to explain to be the v skill dash?
I get that it has better range than a normal dash, but why should I be using it?
less recovery or something like that?
idk how to use training mode in this game

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
I get that it has better range than a normal dash, but why should I be using it?
Crouching M.K into light elbow on block then grab.

Mixed with normal xx V-dash grab mind games.

When someone jumps in v dash backwards out of range and hold for the kick to catch them on the way down. Into command grab or a normal. It's working for me

Infamous

Banned
Not every move is going to be safe. She has a safe ender for her strings. That's all you really need. Her overhead and her launcher are unsafe because they have more utility. Her DP isn't great but it's like completely invincible on her upper body, so it can be your emergency anti-air.

Just watch sonicfox's twitch channel for his matches against Rico and that should change your mind.
She is anything but safe. She has no safe ender. The entire cast can punish her light kicks.

kaseyk

Noob
made a vid of my matches last night went on a tear through to silver rank with rashid . was able to find matches quickly unlike the day before .

tried to do one of each character but the vid was already to long , also tried to order them as i leveled up even in the short span you can see im improving quickly .

the matches were smooth 90% of the time with hiccups here and there but the replays dont show the spikes which is strange you can tell by the way i just stop moving lol

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I use it instead of her dashes because it's quicker and she has some gimmicks with normals canceled into it but don't rely on them too much, It's like a once in a while kind of stuff.
Crouching M.K into light elbow on block then grab.

Mixed with normal xx V-dash grab mind games.

When someone jumps in v dash backwards out of range and hold for the kick to catch them on the way down. Into command grab or a normal. It's working for me
I don't think you should be grabbing them when you are -2 in this game. After a blocked light bolt charge your only option is block or bachkdash (maybe even super) and against grapplers it's not a good idea to be -2 right on their face so I try to not cancel my normals into light bolt charge against them as much.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Would love to get some sets in tonight as gief. Random ranked matches aren't really benefitting me in the matchup department. What's y'all fight ids and mains?

Doctor Rektangle

Think outside the Box
I use it instead of her dashes because it's quicker and she has some gimmicks with normals canceled into it but don't rely on them too much, It's like a once in a while kind of stuff.

I don't think you should be grabbing them when you are -2 in this game. After a blocked light bolt charge your only option is block or bachkdash (maybe even super) and against grapplers it's not a good idea to be -2 right on their face so I try to not cancel my normals into light bolt charge against them as much.
Just throwing out some uses. As gimmicky as they may be

made a vid of my matches last night went on a tear through to silver rank with rashid . was able to find matches quickly unlike the day before .

tried to do one of each character but the vid was already to long , also tried to order them as i leveled up even in the short span you can see im improving quickly .

the matches were smooth 90% of the time with hiccups here and there but the replays dont show the spikes which is strange you can tell by the way i just stop moving lol
Damn dude you're good!

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Well, Orochi is -2. In SF -2 is a big deal.

But you are correct. It is her safest of options.
Ok... but -2 is safe, it's not like it's punishable. I don't even know if a super could punish that. Everbody else says -2 is safe, like with Laura's lp elbow and Rashid's lp spinning mixer. But all of a sudden, Karin is unsafe god because she's -2?? I don't get it.

Infamous

Banned
Ok... but -2 is safe, it's not like it's punishable. I don't even know if a super could punish that. Everbody else says -2 is safe, like with Laura's lp elbow and Rashid's lp spinning mixer. But all of a sudden, Karin is unsafe god because she's -2?? I don't get it.
Ugh.
@B. Shazzy told me Karin is mid tier at best.

Dude, no karin player is confirming cr. Mp, st.mp into orochi.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Grind out Survival. Not fun.
Just won 54 in a row with Necalli on Hell Survival. Unlocked nothing because the servers are down.

I don't even use Necalli. The cpu AI is just horrible.

Necalli is really good though.

Last edited:

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
thanks for the info.
gonna start using it a lot more.
the normal cancel aspect seems pretty cool.
I fucking love this character
btw any good tick throws?
I was told st.lk but misses too often, i think it has to do with range.
what you do after the Mb electric bolt hits?

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Just won 54 in a row with Necalli on Hell Survival. Unlocked nothing because the servers are down.

I don't even use Necalli. The cpu AI is just horrible.

Necalli is really good though.
i thought the only thing you get on hard mode is $ and an achievement . thought all colors come from easy -hard ? is there something else to win in hell mode?
cuase if not man you have some stones cause hell mode then not getting anything id go back to playing regular no beta mkx online

Reactions: GAV

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
thanks for the info.
gonna start using it a lot more.
the normal cancel aspect seems pretty cool.
I fucking love this character
btw any good tick throws?
I was told st.lk but misses too often, i think it has to do with range.
what you do after the Mb electric bolt hits?
Yeah, she's a lot of fun. Well... After light bolt charge on hit she can command grab, st. Lk xx ligh bolt charge, st. Lp xx light bolt charge (or just st. Lk/st. Lp into frame traps), HP bolt charge (for people trying to jump out of command grab) or regular grab, it's a good mindgame (Personally I go for command grab all day until they start disrespecting it) also she can tick throw after st. Lk and st. Lp, jump lk (try using the light version of command grab since it's the one with the most range in these scenarios) and on oki.
My favorite oki tick throw is... After command grab on hit you can instantly do st. HK (this will beat any move that's not invincible or has armor on the first frame or Cammy's backdash) and if it hits as a counter hit you can combo into MP bolt charge, if they delay their wake-up you can react and after the st. HK whiffs you can whiff a st. Mk (this whiff is just to fill up the space and not mess up your timing) then go for a meaty st. Mp (which will beat anything other than invincible and armor on the first frame moves) and if it hit as a counter hit you can combo into cr. Mp xx MP bolt charge, if they respect the last st. Mp you can go for a command grab.

Last edited: