What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I only heard through the grapevine that Sim is strong. But I think this initial cast is all over strong and I hope capcom keeps it up with the DLC. Plus I've seen people say some characters suck lol. FYI, tokido is picking up Sim anfd he's Japan's tier whore. Just something to keep in mind. I know I'll be keeping my eye on what he does with Sim.
yeah Dhalsim is definitely really strong right now, its all because of that damn teleport mix up though that is putting him over the top for some people (myself included). Not saying hes broke but the fact that Sim might be better at offense than defense now is pretty crazy. That jumping heavy punch is just insane since its the only stretchy attack he has where it arcs along a path and can hit in multiple areas rather than just extending straight out to a single point. Its basically martian manhunter S3 in the air. Also being able to do any air attack out of the float makes him basically as versatile in the air as he is on the ground

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
"pl's vega is strong"

does like 7 barcelonas in the first minute

into the trash it goes
Strong is strong.

If something is abusable, abuse it.

Winning is winning. Losing is losing. There are no unwritten rules to make those things any different.

GAV

yeah Dhalsim is definitely really strong right now, its all because of that damn teleport mix up though that is putting him over the top for some people (myself included). Not saying hes broke but the fact that Sim might be better at offense than defense now is pretty crazy. That jumping heavy punch is just insane since its the only stretchy attack he has where it arcs along a path and can hit in multiple areas rather than just extending straight out to a single point. Its basically martian manhunter S3 in the air. Also being able to do any air attack out of the float makes him basically as versatile in the air as he is on the ground
He's tough to use though. You gotta get all his buttons and directions down. He's a pre-emptive character, like Nash - meaning you have to stay a step ahead. If you can though, its usually your turn with these characters.

E

Eldriken

Dhalsim's 3f sLP is also amazing and his cLP has wonderful pushback and seems to be very fast.

The way Dhalsim is being played now is fine with me 'cause I was sick of seeing such long, drawn out matches in SFIV 'cause he was the biggest turtle character of them all. lol

Dhalsim's 3f sLP is also amazing and his cLP has wonderful pushback and seems to be very fast.

The way Dhalsim is being played now is fine with me 'cause I was sick of seeing such long, drawn out matches in SFIV 'cause he was the biggest turtle character of them all. lol
He had to play like that or he was dead lol

GAV

People are bitching about Dhalsim and saying he is the best in the game (lol at making tier lists so early) because Makoto, Sain ans Filipino Champ are wrecking hoes with him.

I love to whatch them play Dhalsim and hes look pretty strong in this game.
All the Sims I've played so far have sucked.

By day, my brother or nephew hang out in my apartment and play it - leveling me down.

Then, I hop on at night and have to play dozens of matches before I get to anybody who can actually play.

They should let you pick where you start out at.

Wetdoba

All too easy...

But I liked when he played lame... that was the point

Wetdoba

All too easy...
He's tough to use though. You gotta get all his buttons and directions down. He's a pre-emptive character, like Nash - meaning you have to stay a step ahead. If you can though, its usually your turn with these characters.
Yeah I played him some in SFIV I get the preemptive and reaction based space control aspect of him and I think that should be how he always plays, the teleport mix up is just what everyone seems to be abusing with him right now and it just completely against his natural playstyle.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Yeah I played him some in SFIV I get the preemptive and reaction based space control aspect of him and I think that should be how he always plays, the teleport mix up is just what everyone seems to be abusing with him right now and it just completely against his natural playstyle.
...but the teleport does have a delay. Either that or its in the air. Plus, you gotta set it up right to make it a threat. Its perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned.

Damn this game is so fun.

@Sultani @Sultani (I forget which)
I was scrolling through and didn't notice the tag. Never got a notification. Still need help with Rashid? Or was it AGAINST Rashid?
It was against him. I labbed eagle spike and can punish all versions of it now. regular you can reach him with c.mk QCB HK for an easy punish. EX you can QCF HK into P for a launcher every time. V reversal only hits it if he's not going to pass through you, otherwise it will wiff. No reason really to do that though since you can punish it without that.

Cammy is the most under rated character in the game. Karin is over rated. Her reversals and anti airs are terrible. She sucks against pressure. Standing HK is her only good normal in neutral. Sure she has mixups, but everything is extremely punishable.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
...but the teleport does have a delay. Either that or its in the air. Plus, you gotta set it up right to make it a threat. Its perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah but its not like its that difficult to set up, it can be done on a knockdown or if they block a fireball. I just think that the reason so many people think Sim is really good now is because of the mix up and how much damage it nets him. Maybe Im just exaggerating how effective it is because Im playing Birdie though

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It was against him. I labbed eagle spike and can punish all versions of it now. regular you can reach him with c.mk QCB HK for an easy punish. EX you can QCF HK into P for a launcher every time. V reversal only hits it if he's not going to pass through you, otherwise it will wiff. No reason really to do that though since you can punish it without that.

Cammy is the most under rated character in the game. Karin is over rated. Her reversals and anti airs are terrible. She sucks against pressure. Standing HK is her only good normal in neutral. Sure she has mixups, but everything is extremely punishable.
Shhhhhhhhh dude, Cammy is low tier man. Just keep that mantra firm inside of your head. We need this line of thought in place so we can get that air throw back in a future balance update down the road.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I keep hearing Karin is unsafe but isn't that move where she hits you with her shoulder safe? Pretty sure she has a decent anti air too. She has a reversal as well, she just needs to spend a bar to use it.

So today when I turned my ps4 to play sf5 I was asked to pick a flag of my region (U.S.) and I'm wondering what exactly does that mean? I mean what's that used for entirely? Sorry for noob!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Anyone know who the best Bison players are to watch? Been trying to find some good footage. That set with Bison vs PL's Vega was solid, but I didn't see a single Bison V. Skill used, which seemed a little odd. Can it not absorb Barcelona?

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Anyone know who the best Bison players are to watch? Been trying to find some good footage. That set with Bison vs PL's Vega was solid, but I didn't see a single Bison V. Skill used, which seemed a little odd. Can it not absorb Barcelona?
Bison's v-skill absorbs projectiles. Everyone plays Bison in top 20 on ranked you could always watch their replays or Tampa Bison streams

Don't know now but when the betas were going on Justin Wong used bison really good. There's YouTube matches where he beats many using Bison.

I keep hearing Karin is unsafe but isn't that move where she hits you with her shoulder safe? Pretty sure she has a decent anti air too. She has a reversal as well, she just needs to spend a bar to use it.
The shoulder is safe. it's -2. The launcher is not. Her overhead can be hit out before she can do any follow up. all versions of QCB + kick are punishable. You're hearing that she's unsafe because she is. She doesn't have a decent anti air. her most reliable one is c.HP, which moves her WAY forward so it's reliant on perfect spacing. It's not as good as it looks. It's not like Ryu's. Standing HP CAN anti air, but again, needs to be pretty dang precise. Other than that, her AA is standing LP. seriously. You can jump back and MP if you read a jump, hits pretty fast, but when you land you just gave up space and now you're in a position where none of your normals can hit but your opponents likely can.

Reversal... Yeah, she has one... Her "DP" takes meter, starts up in 5 frames. Slower than meterless versions of other characters. -41. 5 frame start up means you can't even use it against any normals that are plus at all. you'll get hit.

Translation to my last two posts, "I got blow up by Cammy and now I'm mad."

Last edited:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
SFV has broken the record for the most entrants in a single game at EVO. USFIV last held the record with 2227 entrants. This years EVO is going to be a spectacle.

EDIT: BTW, it did so in 4 days.