What's new

Street Fighter V General Discussion

Why are you defending this game so hard. If anti-airs are so easy and reliable why are we watching top level japanese players not anti-air with characters that have a dragonpunch in tournaments?

If NRS put out a game like this it would be destroyed
I didn't say they were easy, but they ARE 100% reliable. At the right ranges with proper timing they'll work 100% of the time, if a top player isn't anti airing it's because they're either worried about jump arc altering moves(divekicks/tatsus) or because their opponent is outplaying them in the ground game and limiting their ability to respond to jumps.

If infiltration can anti air everyone with cr.mp and bazooka knee then daigo can do it with a dp if he's playing better than his opponent. Trust me if daigo wasn't getting beat in the ground game and only had to worry about anti airing jumps he'd hit them close to 100% of the time.

Jumping in on someone has always worked in street fighter assuming you're actually conditioning your opponent in the game and timing/spacing your jumps properly go watch a matchup in usf4 that involved a yun/yang and tell me how daigo never got jumped in on, he'll watch momochi do empty jump lows in every match in 4 and tell me how 5 is scrubbier.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Lol what happened in the past month? When I was playing people were saying this game requires fundamentals and patience but now all I'm seeing is "this game is scrubby".

Is this just salt from bad players or has the meta changed? I'm going with the former.
Wait...Seriously? I must have missed that. Did that really get posted in this thread?

Damn Justin wong has an amazing Karin. All those top 16 play amazing just pointing Karin out cuz I don't see too many people doing that good with her.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What LPN is doing to these Dhalsim players. I thought Combofiend said no more 50/50s
I'm not watching but i don't need to to point out that there is no fighting game with no mixup. It's either at least 50/50 or no offense. So you just sound silly again. I mean how do you think a character like Zangief, makoto, or cody ever worked?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
I'm not watching but i don't need to to point out that there is no fighting game with no mixup. It's either at least 50/50 or no offense. So you just sound silly again. I mean how do you think a character like Zangief, makoto, or cody ever worked?
It was a joke

the mix up is a 50/50 that doesn't lead into a combo on one end and is full combo punishable on one end. I'm beginning to think you just suck at fighting games dawg.
Didn't you say Ken was mid tier and that M.Bison and Vega were better characters?

The difference between online play and offline tournaments is so apparent. I know it's obvious but this tournament got me thinking. Du lost to sonicfox a couple days ago yet he's in the top 8 winners finals, and sonicfox is tied at 25th place with like 8 other people. Daigo beat the #1 online player convincingly yet was outplayed graciously by Haitani.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
It was a joke
Im sure. Most of the things you type sound like jokes.
did you guise catch up to me yet i've been playing overwatch hella
Whenever you want that scrubby flowchart nash ass kicked holla at me.
The difference between online play and offline tournaments is so apparent. I know it's obvious but this tournament got me thinking. Du lost to sonicfox a couple days ago yet he's in the top 8 winners finals, and sonicfox is tied at 25th place with like 8 other people. Daigo beat the #1 online player convincingly yet was outplayed graciously by Haitani.
Du also didn't know the MU at all. And I haven't been watching but maybe they haven't played each other or those characters. And fox takes MKx way more seriously. I doubt he'll be getting any more top 8s without a year of good training. Lot of factors vould affect a tournament setting.

As for daigo I think he's still figuring out how to play.

Im sure. Most of the things you type sound like jokes.

Whenever you want that scrubby flowchart nash ass kicked holla at me.

Du also didn't know the MU at all. And I haven't been watching but maybe they haven't played each other or those characters. And fox takes MKx way more seriously. I doubt he'll be getting any more top 8s without a year of good training. Lot of factors vould affect a tournament setting.

As for daigo I think he's still figuring out how to play.
Something tells me that sonicfox has been in intensive SF V training lately, but SF is so different than Mk, I'm glad he can see how wonderful this game is. Daigo seems to have not adapted still and we all know he trains his ass off, anyways I'd be happy to just be able to attend a tourney!