What's new

Starfield could be the best game I have ever played!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Requiring someone to spend 10+ hours in order to qualify for criticizing a game is the dumbest take of modern internet discourse. Like what you like, but don't impose your bubble on others.
I agree with this most of the time, and depending on which aspect of the game you're criticizing. If you wanna talk about basic mechanics, the gameplay loop, customization, etc you can talk about that whenever. But some games it's important to finish the entire thing before discussing the overall quality, especially if it's a narrative heavy game. Or a game like Elden Ring, which has an end game that really falls off compared to the first sections, and people were saying it was the greatest game of all time without finishing it and seeing the flaws.

Digestia

Noob
I agree with this most of the time, and depending on which aspect of the game you're criticizing. If you wanna talk about basic mechanics, the gameplay loop, customization, etc you can talk about that whenever. But some games it's important to finish the entire thing before discussing the overall quality, especially if it's a narrative heavy game. Or a game like Elden Ring, which has an end game that really falls off compared to the first sections, and people were saying it was the greatest game of all time without finishing it and seeing the flaws.
That is fine and reasonable, but it's not a basis for dismissing all criticism. The problem with treating some games (like Bethesda games) this way is that it's a floating goal post what is considered "enough" narrative or content to have experienced, since it's more of a flat space in terms of content you can access. I'd say the core gameplay is a very good aspect to look at in order to evaluate their games. If it bores you then it's going to be a rough ride.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That is fine and reasonable, but it's not a basis for dismissing all criticism. The problem with treating some games (like Bethesda games) this way is that it's a floating goal post what is considered "enough" narrative or content to have experienced, since it's more of a flat space in terms of content you can access. I'd say the core gameplay is a very good aspect to look at in order to evaluate their games. If it bores you then it's going to be a rough ride.
Yes that’s 100% fair. It’s like a TV show where “it gets really good in season 3”. Like I’m all for a slow burn but there’s limits.

I know it was dogshit on release (I know because I pre-ordered it), but No Man's Sky just seems so superior to Starfield. I don't know. I'm going to play some more Starfield tonight. Maybe I have to push through the boring stuff or something. It's definitely not grabbing me so far, though.
No Man's Sky is a completely different genre of game. People got the impression Starfield would be a space exploration game like it, but that was never the case. It was always an RPG proper, set in space.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know it was dogshit on release (I know because I pre-ordered it), but No Man's Sky just seems so superior to Starfield. I don't know. I'm going to play some more Starfield tonight. Maybe I have to push through the boring stuff or something. It's definitely not grabbing me so far, though.
Someone actually made a video about this funnily enough. About No Man’s Sky vs Starfield and essentially how much No Man’s Sky has changed.

No one's stopping anyone from doing that. You completely missed my point. I don't wish to derail the thread though, so I'll say I'm glad you enjoy the game.
valuing an informed opinion over a less informed one has nothing to do with a forcing a bubble on anyone, but reality. thats not just concerning video games, but also way more existential topics. you can dislike the game for whatever reason, maybe for not having mitsubishi skyline and master chief in it, but please don't act as if "i don't like it" is equal to a thorough assessment of the devs intentions and the degree of success of their realization in a game. the former is a private opinion you are entitled to, the latter is what a "review" should be.

Last edited:
Someone actually made a video about this funnily enough. About No Man’s Sky vs Starfield and essentially how much No Man’s Sky has changed.

I've never played it, but I do know it was vastly improved over it's poor launch.

It is a very different game from Starfield, though.

The dialogue options are amazing after spending a few points in the Social Tab.

Best gunplay Bethesda has ever done.

I'm about 10 hours in, now. A lot of fetch quests, which I suppose is to be expected, but I am hoping to see the game open up a bit more soon. I'm excited to head to Neon, but I'm still Level 5.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Ok after a few more hours on it (40) The 30fps isn’t so bad. If you just take it for what it is and not to serious. It’s a great time waster. I save then go ape shit and see how long I can last in every district joust to fuck around lol. I’ll give it a 6.5/10 out of 10 . Also the powers n rare weapons are fun. And the dialogue has some nice depth depending on what you say.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Does this game have an evil or at least neutral faction that isn't just comically evil? Understandable motivation, etc

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
All I'll say is, "Buyer beware" lol. I got a refund, at least.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
IMO i think that.....We Need Mortal Field , MK + Star field probably would give us sooooooooo much fun , PLS ED PLS NRS

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Man this game is so amazing... been really getting into Starship design recently. Started by trading starships for cash, buying warships and now I'm designing and building my own fleet. So much fun. It is good that the space combat is so satisfying. I actually havn't even done a quest hours of game time just exploring, and doing combat and factory stuff.... just The game is just so deep that you can make your own game inside it. Your own quests based on what interests you. I've basically started my own SpaceShip corporation.