What's new

Stages are amazing but...

VFELLHN

Noob
For me MKX has the best looking stages of all mk games. Yeah they could be more but im so satisfied with these 13 stages. Great work NRS

PizzaMasta

Hellblazer
The stages in MKX are looking so damn good im fine with the 17 stages we have.
Exactly, every stage is unique in both background and lighting. I feel like I could play on all 13 of these stages (+variations) without it ever getting stale.

Reactions: SLy

SLy

Noob
If I was a enviromental Artist I would be sad reading some of this. Quality over Quantity man.

Last edited:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
13 + 4 stages with a 2nd version.

Yeah j agree. More stages would look cool, I have a strong feeling there will be add on stages for predator and jason
I doubt that but that would be cool.

Crystal Lake stage for Jason, a deeper Jungle for Predator, Ruins of Edenia stage for Tanya and a Black Dragon Hideout stage for Tremor.

NRS i give these ideas you for free so do it. ;)

Last edited:

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Ah, yeah, they already told me about the variation, I forgot it.
Are variation stage selectable during normal playing?
Yes they are.

They have a Dragon Symbol once unlocked in Story and it gives you a change stage option.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
yes INJ had stage transitions but that don't count.?
I fail to see the logic in this

because it was a stage transition it just counts as a really long stage?
nah they are different stages dude

17 stages with such variety are well enough, there where alot stages i disliked in MK9, not one in this maybe Outworld Market place would be the least but even then i like it.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
To be honest who cares how many stages are in Injustice.

99% of the stages looked all the same. There was zero color in the game what makes a huge difference imo.

The only ones that are standing out are Wonder Womans and Aquamans stage.

Such a nice variety of backgrounds for the stages this time around. I would have liked more indoor stages but I'm very happy with the selection.

Without giving away any spoilers, what are these red stage variants like? Do the interactables change? Is it basically just the same stage with a red hue?

I think the stage count is low too. But the majority of them (I think just Sky Temple isn't) are brand new. Also this is the first game on a new gen, so it's okay. They all look fantastic too, so that helps.

I think there are simply no stages which induce a WOW factor this time. Think Soul Chamber from MK9: it is mindblowingly cool. Or Shang Tsung's Gardens. Or Shang Tsung's Throne Room. Or Shao Kahn's Throne Room. The only stage I've seen so far that looks relatively cool is that Netherrealm Laboratory.

kantboy-2

Ripper
The one stage I wish had a variation is the Outworld Marketplace. If you see chapter 2 of the story, you'd understand.

Replace everyone in the background with fighting soldiers and tarkatans and replace Blanche with a wounded Tarkatan warrior. That would be so hype.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
I would buy that DLC. I would be surprised if NRS and WB pass up the massive amount of money they could make off of DLC arenas. Especially since customers will itch for more in a few months.