What's new

Stages are amazing but...

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Hi guys,
according to different streamings that we saw, we have 13 arenas in the game.
All of them are pretty amazing but, do you think that there can be a lot more?

It's not so important, gameplay seems amazing and that's what I really care the most but I personally love the stages of every NRS game and I'm a little bit sad that we have only 13 of them when we have something like 26 arenas in both MK9 and Injustice.

Do you think that they can release some "stage pack" DLC?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Hate to be that guy but there were 13 stages in INJ without counting night time and jokers asylum. in MK9 without interactables on each stage there were 29 including day and night for pit rooftop etc. yes INJ had stage transitions but that don't count.

anyway what i'm trying to say is yeah DLC pack for stages would be nice but no necessary. i'd rather them focus on something else if they had a choice ya know?

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Hate to be that guy but there were 13 stages in INJ without counting night time and jokers asylum. in MK9 without interactables on each stage there were 29 including day and night for pit rooftop etc. yes INJ had stage transitions but that don't count.

anyway what i'm trying to say is yeah DLC pack for stages would be nice but no necessary. i'd rather them focus on something else if they had a choice ya know?
But in Injustice some stages are composed by two arenas connected.
MKX have interactions but stages aren't composed.

Obviously, stages DLC aren't necessary.
I'm probably one of the few that really care about them, here... :D

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
But in Injustice some stages are composed by two arenas connected.
MKX have interactions but stages aren't composed.

Obviously, stages DLC aren't necessary.
I'm probably one of the few that really care about them, here... :D
Don't worry you aren't alone, I also care about stages. I've been following the competitive tourney scene (in almost every fighting game you can imagine) for a long time and as a spectator seeing the same stages used time after time is boring. But I also understand and respect that when it comes to tournament play, rules regarding stage selection are very important and will often times limit what stages are used.

Last edited:

Dark

Noob
Yeah it's only 13, a few stages have different versions, although those don't change interactables or anything.

Stage dlc would be cool, but i'd much prefer them spend the time on characters instead

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Yeah it's only 13, a few stages have different versions, although those don't change interactables or anything.

Stage dlc would be cool, but i'd much prefer them spend the time on characters instead
What are the stages with different version?
The destroyed city and...?

Of course, characters DLC and gameplay balances before everything.
My idea is that it's possible to release some stage DLC over costume sometimes, because, man... NRS are amazing in creating stage!

Dark

Noob

My idea is that it's possible to release some stage DLC over costume sometimes, because, man... NRS are amazing in creating stage!
Jinsei Chamber, Sky Temple, and Dead Woods all have like "red" versions from what happens in story mode, not sure about any others

shig

kool guy
I wouldn't care about DLC stages unless they are free. What I want the most out of DLC is a fourth variation to existing characters but that's probably not happening.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
In tourneys yeah, other stages have been proven to lag the game up randomly so most tourney players only use training stage (or the all white stage in marvel sometimes). Look up any recent tourney for them and you'll see most if not all matches on training stage..
Thats where I was getting at with my previous comment.
Hopefully the majority of the stages included in MKX will be tourney playable.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
In tourneys yeah, other stages have been proven to lag the game up randomly so most tourney players only use training stage (or the all white stage in marvel sometimes). Look up any recent tourney for them and you'll see most if not all matches on training stage..
I know that tourneys had training stage most of times, but that has nothing to do with an actual number of stages in game. So I don't see how "13 is a blessing".

Last edited:
*shrugs* Quality over quantity tbh.

IMO it's much cooler to have 13 very unique stages rather than a ton of stages which have zero effect on gameplay (see: Street Fighter).

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
I know that tourney's had training stage most of times, but that has nothing to do with an actual number of stages in game. So I don't see how "13 is a blessing".
Exactly my opinion.
We know that, in a tourney's perspective, some stages are preferred then others, but I think we can have more stages just for fun and because they are so well done that more of them are only a good thing.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I know that tourneys had training stage most of times, but that has nothing to do with an actual number of stages in game. So I don't see how "13 is a blessing".
I'm mostly playing FGs in sessions and tourneys/locals so I'm glad I get to see 13 different stages in this game as opposed to just generic training stages..

Obviously more stages is always welcome but in general it's not that big of a deal and it's an upgrade from what I deal with now.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?

Characters's DLC: yes. Gameplay balance: if you're talking about patches, as little as possible, please. It's easy nowadays to just ask for a patch whenever you're struggling with a certain matchup, but in a lot of cases, the nerfs are proven wrong afterwards.