What's new

Tech Spreadsheet of combo damage %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Hit confirmage. The combo Cpt posted is sub's best in the corner
Actually BenGmanUk is right, there are two version you can do of the combo Cpt posted. It is basically switching 2,2,4 and 2,1,4. They do identical damage, so starting with 2,1,4 is the better option.

2,1,4~freeze dash back whiff b1,2 2,2,4~xray = 53 JIP=55
2,2,4~freeze dash back whiff b1,2 2,1,4~xray = 53 JIP=55

Seapeople

This one's for you
Actually BenGmanUk is right, there are two version you can do of the combo Cpt posted. It is basically switching 2,2,4 and 2,1,4. They do identical damage, so starting with 2,1,4 is the better option.

Yeah both do the same damage, so damage doesn't factor into which string is more useful.

22 is anti air, 21 traps the opponent behind a clone. Neither string is more useful because they have separate uses.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Surely not that practical seeing as you can't clone from a blocked 224 in the corner. I would have thought fishing for corner combos with 214 is better as you have the option to clone on block.
It's very practical seeing as how I've seen it done plenty of time as have I. The ONLY time it isn't entirely practical is when you have your opponent pin DIRECTLY in the corner.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro

the 214 freeze one doesn't work it's not possible. Because the second 21 in the combo, the second hit doesn't freeze the opponent therefore the 4 won't connect that's why it HAS to be 224

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
the 214 freeze one doesn't work it's not possible. Because the second 21 in the combo, the second hit doesn't freeze the opponent therefore the 4 won't connect that's why it HAS to be 224
The 214 freeze one does work. Sounds like you're trying 214 afterwards instead of 224?

Yes they both do the same damage but personally I would never use 224 in the corner as on block your only options are:

224~slide (Full combo punish if blocked, which it will be)
224~clone (Clone won't come out, punished by fast advancing moves)
224 (Full combo punish)

But yeah if you're pushing them towards the corner then use 224. Once they're in the corner behind a 212~clone or similar then use 214. That's my preference anyway.

:)

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
The 214 freeze one does work. Sounds like you're trying 214 afterwards instead of 224?

Yes they both do the same damage but personally I would never use 224 in the corner as on block you're only options are:

224~slide (Full combo punish if blocked, which it will be)
224~clone (Clone won't come out, punished by fast advancing moves)
224 (Full combo punish)

But yeah if you're pushing them towards the corner then use 224. Once they're in the corner behind a 212~clone or similar then use 214. That's my preference anyway.

:)
All those numbers made my eyes hurt. I see it now then yes that would work. And for the record any high level sub player would never use 224 when they have their opponent pinned against the corner. That wasn't what I was saying.

Seapeople

This one's for you
All those numbers made my eyes hurt. I see it now then yes that would work. And for the record any high level sub player would never use 224 when they have their opponent pinned against the corner. That wasn't what I was saying.
But high level Subs still use 22 in the corner which can be hit confirmed into 224. Both versions of the combo are useful imo

Status
Not open for further replies.