What's new

Tech Spreadsheet of combo damage %

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
I wanted to make sure I had a better understanding of what combos did what % in what situations so I made the below linked sheet. Basically I list the # of hits and damage% for doing the basic combo then list out each way to modify it (so using a Jump In Punch, starting frozen etc. and every other combination after that)

What do you guys think? Am I missing any obvious combos I should have in there? What about modifications to the combos?

Link to Google Doc Spreadsheet

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Thanks, I actually just learned about that one recently and forgot to add it in. Also looks like I forgot a few xray variations like 2,2~freeze JIP 2,1,4~xray. Going through now and will update the sheet with those in a bit.

Oh and can the combo you mentioned be linked into xray instead of slide? I'm going to try that too. Edit: I believe all slide combos can cancel in to xray. I'm going to make sure they are all included but I'm off to bed soon. I added 3 more combos to the sheet. (just the other combos mentioned so far in this thread) Any more changes let me know.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
As somebody looking to put down serious hours with Subby, I have to say this is one of the coolest things I've seen in some time. DEDICATION~! I wish everybody had one of these, lol. Good work, man.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
problem is that his highest combo potential is very situational. You basically have to make up your mind on a JiP to b1,2~freeze/clone. Whereas if you do 2,1... you can usually do it again... and build more meter and more chip damage.

Death

Noob
I wanted to make sure I had a better understanding of what combos did what % in what situations so I made the below linked sheet. Basically I list the # of hits and damage% for doing the basic combo then list out each way to modify it (so using a Jump In Punch, starting frozen etc. and every other combination after that)

What do you guys think? Am I missing any obvious combos I should have in there? What about modifications to the combos?

Link to Google Doc Spreadsheet
X-ray combo for sub you missed. B+2(fully charged), B+1(whiff it though)2, 214~xray- 54%

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
problem is that his highest combo potential is very situational. You basically have to make up your mind on a JiP to b1,2~freeze/clone. Whereas if you do 2,1... you can usually do it again... and build more meter and more chip damage.
I thought b12 left you neutral frames the same as 21 does? I often follow up a blocked b12 with either d4, 21 or 22.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
it might... I don't know. However, on block the 2 pushes you back far enough so that a follow up 2 will whiff. So d4 is really your only option.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Thanks, I actually just learned about that one recently and forgot to add it in. Also looks like I forgot a few xray variations like 2,2~freeze JIP 2,1,4~xray. Going through now and will update the sheet with those in a bit.

Oh and can the combo you mentioned be linked into xray instead of slide? I'm going to try that too. Edit: I believe all slide combos can cancel in to xray. I'm going to make sure they are all included but I'm off to bed soon. I added 3 more combos to the sheet. (just the other combos mentioned so far in this thread) Any more changes let me know.
Hey Jim... can you do me a favor... and average out his BnB damage (with and without JiP)... just to get a feel?
Does anyone here know how damage and meter correlate to each other? It would really be nice to see which BnB's build the most meter on hit and on block.

Seapeople

This one's for you
b12 can be interrupted.

Hey Jim... can you do me a favor... and average out his BnB damage (with and without JiP)... just to get a feel?
Does anyone here know how damage and meter correlate to each other? It would really be nice to see which BnB's build the most meter on hit and on block.
Well I don't think meter building changes too much in Sub's combos. You build meter the fastest in a combo by using more specials

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
... with what? Not being a dick... I want to see it.
Same. Obviously b1 can be ducked and poked out of but with jip it jails high surely?

I can't see any reason to use 22 over b12 with a jip as b12:
Does more damage
Is easier to hit confirm that 22
Jails high

If I follow b12 on block with 21/22 I just mini dash to continue pressure the same as you would after a d4. If it can be interrupted by armor then I guess you just don't use it against certain characters when they have meter.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Same. Obviously b1 can be ducked and poked out of but with jip it jails high surely?

I can't see any reason to use 22 over b12 with a jip as b12:
Does more damage
Is easier to hit confirm that 22
Jails high

If I follow b12 on block with 21/22 I just mini dash to continue pressure.
right... but if they are any good... they'll low poke after the 2... every time... with no fear. The clone will be too far away, you will run into the poke to follow up, and if you try to finish, you still will lose. That why I said it has to be a read or a mind made up kind of thing. Shit this discussion belongs elsewhere for sure... [MENTION=5030]CptXecution[/MENTION]... can we move some of the comments? or no?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Idk where to find a video example right now, but you can test it against any armored move. Uppercuts/pokes also interrupt if the first hit is crouched.
ahh We were discussing off of a JiP. b1,2,1 can be interrupted between the 2 and 1.. but i don't think the b1,2 can be. Basically b1,2 on all accounts gives higher damage for the freeze combo continuer.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I'm almost 100% that it can be. Go in and test it so you know for sure (I dont have the game atm)

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
right... but if they are any good... they'll low poke after the 2... every time... with no fear. The clone will be too far away, you will run into the poke to follow up, and if you try to finish, you still will lose. That why I said it has to be a read or a mind made up kind of thing. Shit this discussion belongs elsewhere for sure... [MENTION=5030]CptXecution[/MENTION]... can we move some of the comments? or no?
If they start to poke you can just cross up after the b12 and start again though surely? You're slightly further away than a blocked 21 but not so far away that you can't cross up again.

Yeah sorry for the derail this probably needs to be moved.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I can move comments but I don't entirely see the need to, you guys can just manually take the discussion else where. But I do like this thread a lot good stuff [MENTION=2448]Jim[/MENTION]

X-ray combo for sub you missed. B+2(fully charged), B+1(whiff it though)2, 214~xray- 54%
That's corner only, midscreen the 4 will whiff.....212~x-ray works midscreen just less damage

On a side note good stuff at NEC, I saw your match with REO that would have been a killer upset.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Add this to your list.....

Corner X-Ray

224 freeze (b1)whiff 2, 214 x-ray - 53% 55% with a jip
it's much more practical than a fully charge b2

Death

Noob
I can move comments but I don't entirely see the need to, you guys can just manually take the discussion else where. But I do like this thread a lot good stuff [MENTION=2448]Jim[/MENTION]

That's corner only, midscreen the 4 will whiff.....212~x-ray works midscreen just less damage

On a side note good stuff at NEC, I saw your match with REO that would have been a killer upset.
Thanks, But trust me the 4 doesn't whiff midscreen. Try it you will see. Its 54% too. I use it all the time.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Glad to see you guys like the sheet. I have a few xray updates to make tonight along with the missed xray Death mentioned.I'd like to add a little bit of in air stuff like both in air 1or2 land dash 2,2~slide that kind of thing. The problem is there are so many that are one off situational that it may be a pointless endeavor.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Updated the document with a few missed combos and xrays. Tried to improve the formatting so hopefully it reads a little easier.

Sub_Crash4 I'll look into adding the meter built off landing/blocking and the meter built for the opponent but that is pretty large project and I'd still just need to estimate the % based on what I can see on screen. I have already played around with some basic meter building numbers. 27 special moves performed = 1 bar of meter gained.
48% damage taken = 1 bar of meter gained. This I think is the smartest aspect of meter building. You start with 1 bar, then gain another bar per 48% of damage. So if you take a savage beating you are guaranteed to at least have full meter when the round ends if you never used it. Not a guaranteed come back by any means but it keeps you from being down with no way to comeback.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Add this to your list.....

Corner X-Ray

224 freeze (b1)whiff 2, 214 x-ray - 53% 55% with a jip
it's much more practical than a fully charge b2
Surely not that practical seeing as you can't clone from a blocked 224 in the corner. I would have thought fishing for corner combos with 214 is better as you have the option to clone on block.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Surely not that practical seeing as you can't clone from a blocked 224 in the corner. I would have thought fishing for corner combos with 214 is better as you have the option to clone on block.
Hit confirmage. The combo Cpt posted is sub's best in the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.