What's new

Soulsteal glitch?

zaf

professor
Alright so this is pretty straight forward. Was playing a friends shang today, myself using ermac.
near the end of the first round i get combo'd that ends with soulsteal, but get a lucky lift wakeup combo for the kill.
The round ends, shang hits the floor, still transformed as ermac.
The next round starts and shang is still ermac. He did not change back to shang for about a good 25 seconds or so.

In short: Soul steal as shang, then immediately lose the round. next round begins, shang stays as the other character for a while.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Not that quite exactly, but I've noticed that sometimes(not sure it's always) if you soul steal as the last hit on the first/second round, you start the following round unmorphed but still with the damage boost.

Was it really about 25 seconds? Because that's an eternity. Did you notice the damage boost lasting for the entire duration?

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Alright so this is pretty straight forward. Was playing a friends shang today, myself using ermac.
near the end of the first round i get combo'd that ends with soulsteal, but get a lucky lift wakeup combo for the kill.
The round ends, shang hits the floor, still transformed as ermac.
The next round starts and shang is still ermac. He did not change back to shang for about a good 25 seconds or so.

In short: Soul steal as shang, then immediately lose the round. next round begins, shang stays as the other character for a while.

Has anyone ever seen this before?
I have had this happen to me before but not the time duration that you speak of.

Belial

Noob
There is a glitch if you use "no blood" code, and your opponent wins while you are morphed "finish him" would still trigger. after that you can only leave the match via pressing "start"

zaf

professor
nope it was not an ex soulsteal. no meter was used.

as for the damage boost, i did not notice one either. i will admit i was barely touched the 2nd round so i couldn't tell you if i wanted to.

it really felt like eternity, that shang was transformed as ermac. made no sense at all.

like first round ended with the shang player using soulsteal then jumping into tkp
he hits the ground and stays as ermac for almost the whole 2nd round since i went beast mode lol
then as the match ends he turns back into shang lol

Big Frog

Noob
Could he still do Ermac's moves?? Like was it just a costume glitch or something... Never experienced this before.

galindo

Noob
only if you win while you're morphed
no you are wrong.

In fact if you kill him with the soul steal you won't even transform.

Ex soul steal will almost always go through the next round, and the time won't be reduced by the standby time in between rounds.

However normal soul steal will be affected by the stand by time

no you are wrong.

In fact if you kill him with the soul steal you won't even transform.
no im not, you just stated why im right lol. you have to win/lose the first round while you are morphed to move on to the second round morphed, period.

Belial

Noob
Whenever you get a damage boost it will last until expires. It will carry between rounds. If you win, however, you morph back, but still keep the damage boostIf you finish the opponent with a Soul Steal - damage boost is carried on the next round, even w/o you morphing. If you lose, you get to keep the damage boost, but you remain morphed.
Normal Soul Steal lasts for ~5 seconds
EX-Soul Steal lasts for ~8 seconds

Whenever you get a damage boost it will last until expires. It will carry between rounds. If you win, however, you morph back, but still keep the damage boostIf you finish the opponent with a Soul Steal - damage boost is carried on the next round, even w/o you morphing. If you lose, you get to keep the damage boost, but you remain morphed.
Normal Soul Steal lasts for ~5 seconds
EX-Soul Steal lasts for ~8 seconds
you morph back if you win while morphed? i never morphed back lol. dmg boost does carry on

zaf

professor
ok so this happened to me again yesterday.

shang soul steals at low hp, i tkp him right after.
match ends.

he was able to use ermacs moves, no damage boost, he changed back to shang at 78 seconds.

this is so weird lmao

DetroitBalln

tupac aint dead
ok so this happened to me again yesterday.

shang soul steals at low hp, i tkp him right after.
match ends.

he was able to use ermacs moves, no damage boost, he changed back to shang at 78 seconds.

this is so weird lmao
That pisses me off, lmao

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Something similar happened to me, i finished a round with a soul steal to kill my opponent and in the next round i started off with the damage bonus.