What's new

Soulsteal glitch?

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
So basically you can counterpick Kung Lao by using Shang, landing a SS then loosing the round just so you can bust out so spammy spin combos for 70%

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Who said anything about losing the round? You're better off winning the round with SS and carrying the damage boost into the next round. We've figured this out already and there was really no reason to bump this thread.

BigC

I'm great in my world.
I've seen this a lot times. The first time I noticed this was actually in arcade mode. Shang did a steal on me, I killed him, and just like you said..the next round he was still transformed as smoke for a good 20-25 seconds.

Spletty

Grandmaster
i was in practice mode and soul stole liu kang, then just kept block dashing forward as fast as i could and he wouldnt transform back

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
i was in practice mode and soul stole liu kang, then just kept block dashing forward as fast as i could and he wouldnt transform back
That seems fascinating...it might be useful to extend SS in order to avoid danger perhaps. That also works in MKII, and UMK3 if you keep blocking.

Spletty

Grandmaster
That seems fascinating...it might be useful to extend SS in order to avoid danger perhaps. That also works in MKII, and UMK3 if you keep blocking.
Yeah im sure there's some way to usefully utilize this, I was pretty surprised when I found it. I dropped shang a while back but I think he's got potential, definitely picking him back up

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
You know, when Shang is returning to him form he is vulnerable and sometimes that brings another free juggle for your opponent. In best case scenario you get kicked in the face while morphing. This might just save you life, but there is no way to extend the time and take advantage for offense.