What's new

General/Other - Sonya Blade Sonya General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been integrating the corner carry combo as my new BnB for whenever I'm far enough away from the corner and need to get the opponent there.

Effect on my game has been very tangible. Thinking back it was madness how I was letting the neutral game reset after every combo just so I could reload.

I dropped the combo here, but this essentially should have been a 27% corner carry combo into a 33% juggle, using only 1 bar of meter and two grenades, ending into a HKD with one nade left in my pocket to finish them off.

Anyone have any good reload strategies for Special Forces?

I've gotten much better at this variation but I've really neglected forming a solid reload strategy, and b14 xx dd1 is getting me killed.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Anyone have any good reload strategies for Special Forces?

I've gotten much better at this variation but I've really neglected forming a solid reload strategy, and b14 xx dd1 is getting me killed.

B14 no longer hard knockdowns so it's not something you should use. Look into 2134 and F4.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@Youphemism , @errormacro7

i dont know what heated debate i stepped into but:

not saying anything is wrong. but i was a Demo Main when the game started, throughout patch history she gotten worse.

her Air drop kicks are very unsafe and you cant continue combos in air off it, before i coul;d combo throw SG and then jik D+4 into another SG and get massive damage.

but besides the damage nerfs. my main concern with Sonya Demo is:

Her B14 is not a Safe reload anymore. her F4 ender does not work, you are negative after all said and done when trying to link DD1 for Grenade reload at end of combos. F4 was the answer before 8-31... now she doesnt have a safe reload. unless one of you know her...

i for one got on that day and quit her forever.. i went to other characters like Mileena which now i do better with...lol
im just mad about the changes they make because people cry about CO variation and it effects the other two that didnt need it.

Covert Ops is by far the most terrifiying variation due to the Double guess factor IMO.

i could very well be wrong. she does have a very hard time in all variations getting in. and id say if any had a chance to get in. Demo has the best with her Grenades and FG wakeup option

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp

not saying anything is wrong. but i was a Demo Main when the game started, throughout patch history she gotten worse.

her Air drop kicks are very unsafe and you cant continue combos in air off it, before i coul;d combo throw SG and then jik D+4 into another SG and get massive damage.

Her B14 is not a Safe reload anymore. her F4 ender does not work, you are negative after all said and done when trying to link DD1 for Grenade reload at end of combos. F4 was the answer before 8-31... now she doesnt have a safe reload. unless one of you know her...

i for one got on that day and quit her forever.. i went to other characters like Mileena which now i do better with...lol
im just mad about the changes they make because people cry about CO variation and it effects the other two that didnt need it.

Covert Ops is by far the most terrifiying variation due to the Double guess factor IMO.

i could very well be wrong. she does have a very hard time in all variations getting in. and id say if any had a chance to get in. Demo has the best with her Grenades and FG wakeup option
Thanks for sharing your opinion, but I won't debate this anymore.

B14 no longer hard knockdowns so it's not something you should use. Look into 2134 and F4.
I mean b14 standing. If I don't have a drone, I can't juggle into 2134 or f4, so same 'gotcha' here as Demo.

Haven't done hard tests, but from playing b14 standing appears to be at least safe if canceled into reload, but it's a tough pill to swallow being so - on block after it, given how often I need to do it.

Reactions: jmt

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Here is the finals

These are some of the Bnb scar used
B332 FG NJP walk 121 FG F4 cancel first hit into FG F4 DD1 36% with safe reload
B332 FG NJP walk 121 FG F4 cancel first hit into FG F4 cancel first hit into BF 4 38% no reload
121 FG rc 21 FG NJP F4 cancel first hit into FG F4 DD1 34%
B14 rc 21 FG NJP F4 cancel first hit into FG F4 DD1 35%

Corner
B332 FG NJP S4 FG S4 FG D2 121 BF4 47%(He used a bar at the end so it probably does less damage)
i edited everything with Red:

dont missunderstand me: nice combos
FG should be SG right? since FG is frag that throws them away from you and you can hardly convert off that grenade.

and F4 into DD1(reload) is not safe after patch? im sure its not. reguardlessyou will be in a guessing situation after it in corner. i think midscreen it may be safe

F4~reload is unsafe against teleScorp IIRC. 2134 safe though.

Almost a moot point though. CO is a better choice against Scorpion imo.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

Thanks for sharing your opinion, but I won't debate this anymore.
Yeah I'm with error, that was a while ago and tbh noone really cares any more lol. People can have different opinions, doesn't matter :p

Jolt

Uprise
I mean b14 standing. If I don't have a drone, I can't juggle into 2134 or f4, so same 'gotcha' here as Demo.

Haven't done hard tests, but from playing b14 standing appears to be at least safe if canceled into reload, but it's a tough pill to swallow being so - on block after it, given how often I need to do it.
b14 and d4 seem to be the best options from my experience, with a special shout out going to 11.

Between b14 and d4, it's basically a 50/50. Both can be made "safe" by using the homing missile as the drone spawns. It will at the very least be a breaker.

jmt

Noob
b14 and d4 seem to be the best options from my experience, with a special shout out going to 11.

Between b14 and d4, it's basically a 50/50. Both can be made "safe" by using the homing missile as the drone spawns. It will at the very least be a breaker.
That's what I was saying above in my reply to Tony. Go for missle right away and you are good.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I disagree then, people HATE Sonya, especially Covert Ops, thanks to her ease of use. People know she's really good and hard to deal with. Hell, I just got a flawless with her against alucarD in Grand Finals last Monday. She's well-known, just not played as heavy as many flavor of the month characters.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I disagree then, people HATE Sonya, especially Covert Ops, thanks to her ease of use. People know she's really good and hard to deal with. Hell, I just got a flawless with her against alucarD in Grand Finals last Monday. She's well-known, just not played as heavy as many flavor of the month characters.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Maybe it's just my impression. She was the flavor of the month for a while, then people learned how to deal with her and she stopped being a big threat.

I don't like discussing tiers because it's not fruitful to me, but after the big patch, I see a lot of people putting many characters that are probably just as good as her ABOVE her and it looks kinda off. lol

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Well she has taken several hits over the months while others have improved, it's natural to think that they're above her since she's gotten worse.

Jolt

Uprise
That's what I was saying above in my reply to Tony. Go for missle right away and you are good.
Yup, I saw your post. And also, once they're conditioned to wait for the missile, you don't have to call it anymore so everyone wins. I occasionally summon drone into kamikaze (which completely defeats the purpose of calling the drone) just so they know that there are multiple offensive options that could (and will!) follow. Only thing I don't like to follow with is the shotgun because it goes away if Sonya gets hit, even blocking!

Reactions: jmt

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
But Subzero, Kotal Kahn, Reptile, Kung Jin, Takeda, Kitana, Johnny Cage, Raiden and Scorpion all BETTER than her? I don't think so.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Very possible. They'll all good characters that I can't say Sonya is definitely better than without any thought.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
But who's saying she isn't? Who's saying she's easily below any of them? She's in the same area as them, I wouldn't call that slept on otherwise you'd have to call Scorpion slept on since he doesn't get a lot of play and people don't talk about him much.

Status
Not open for further replies.