What's new

Someone explain this to me

The OP have all the right to be upset... The auto block system of this game is pure bullshit... So... I even made a sarcastic comment about it in the first page to reflect that... And I was called shit poster for it... Imagine:DOGE
There's only to laugh about it.... Yes I will say it again... The game is garbage. LMAO.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
To answer OP's question legitmately. Its mainly due to the state of the autoblock system that ur locked into with the down back block system so blocking takes priority over any over button u press basically. Unless there's a gap that's why the move won't come out as staggers in this game are pretty non-existent unless there's a gap in those moves like Deadshot’s b12 where there's a gap between the b1 and 2 which is why Deadshot has really good stagger ability. This helps defend against gimmicks like supergirl's d1 ice breath gimmick where players will time it differently and u can mash d1 OS no matter how long she holds it for unless it's mb which is when the d1 would come out for example. So in ur case the d1 would only come out if u keep mashing un between Robin's mb sword dance which has a gap when mb. I hope this clarifies thing for u OP

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
man u guys are assholes lol
Robin set to reversal sword spin
(9 frames)
Starfires 23 is -6
Why is d1 not coming out and she getting hit with sword spin
there is no buffer on normals or specials when coming out of an attack (on hit block or miss) so in order to have your attack come out in this situation you need to hit 1 on the exact frame you get out of the move. Mash doesn't really work to repo this because you can't mash an 60 mashes a second.

it is actually possible for her to put in a just frame d1 after the string is blocked and in that situation she does get 'blown up' for trying to frame trap you.

this actually works in the defending players benefit most of the time when counter poking because this is a 2 frame buffer on block to input a normal / non reversal special so there is a better human chance to beat them out.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
man u guys are assholes lol

there is no buffer on normals or specials when coming out of an attack (on hit block or miss) so in order to have your attack come out in this situation you need to hit 1 on the exact frame you get out of the move. Mash doesn't really work to repo this because you can't mash an 60 mashes a second.

it is actually possible for her to put in a just frame d1 after the string is blocked and in that situation she does get 'blown up' for trying to frame trap you.

this actually works in the defending players benefit most of the time when counter poking because this is a 2 frame buffer on block to input a normal / non reversal special so there is a better human chance to beat them out.
Thank you