What's new

General/Other - Tanya So, it looks like Tanya (DLC) was redesigned!

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Da fuck? There is no Africa in Edenia so she's not African. I hate when people just lump people into groups like that and assume that somebody is African because they are black. Annoys me when people say I'm African when my family is from Barbados but I was born in Canada.
I don't think he understands that looking a certain way is not the same as being a certain thing.

Dark skinned Mexican people aren't black people, they're Mexican people, from Mexico.

Dark skinned Indian people aren't black people, they're Indian people, from India.

Dark skinned Edenian people aren't black people, they're Edenian people, from Edenia.

Having dark skin doesn't make you a black person.

That would be like calling this person "white" because they have light skin.

It's okay to want Tanya to have darker skin because she is usually portrayed with such, but calling her Black, Hispanic, African, or any other earthly race is not only projecting, it's FACTUALLY INCORRECT.

Now as a black guy do I want more black people represented positively in the media? Hell yes, but projecting my race onto something that isn't is just a cheap compromise and it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Any before and after picture to see the side by side comparison?
I don't think he understands that looking a certain way is not the same as being a certain thing.

Dark skinned Mexican people aren't black people, they're Mexican people, from Mexico.

Dark skinned Indian people aren't black people, they're Indian people, from India.

Dark skinned Edenian people aren't black people, they're Edenian people, from Edenia.

It's okay to want Tanya to have darker skin because she is usually portrayed with such, but calling her Black, Hispanic, African, or any other earthly race is not only projecting, it's FACTUALLY INCORRECT.

Now as a black guy do I want more black people represented positively in the media? Hell yes, but projecting my race onto something that isn't is just a cheap compromise and it doesn't make any sense.
This was well put, I thought you should be commended on this.

Hope this is her dlc outfit. Anyway this is a black woman. Everyone with dark skin gets that dark skin from African people, because Africans were the first people. I never said them people in your picture were black, but they have black DNA. All Dark skinned Edenian people aren't black people, but Tanya is black.

Last edited:

ErMac333

Noob
Kinda sad to see this kind of discussion becoming so big and making space for hate, towards her and us fans also. I was getting used to her story design pretty quickly, that was already the definition of Tanya for me. When they changed it back to the way she looked like in past titles, I thought for a second that this would end the discussion, direct it to other kinds of speculation like her moveset and things that we're looking forward to...

Turns out Chaosrealm broke through! And it's worse than ever, indeed overhelming, I can see why some are pissed, sadly.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
As a female ninja expert I would consider Tanya a female ninja. She has the leotard and Khameleon had her move in Armageddon. So technically if pressed and you were grouping characters into groups she'd be classified as a female ninja. However when I just casually think "Female ninja" I think of Kitana, Mileena and Jade.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Kinda sad to see this kind of discussion becoming so big and making space for hate, towards her and us fans also. I was getting used to her story design pretty quickly, that was already the definition of Tanya for me. When they changed it back to the way she looked like in past titles, I thought for a second that this would end the discussion, direct it to other kinds of speculation like her moveset and things that we're looking forward to...

Turns out Chaosrealm broke through! And it's worse than ever, indeed overhelming, I can see why some are pissed, sadly.
Yea, i'm just ignoring it from now on. I really liked her original design...and I really like this one too so its cool. I AM upset that the leaked variation list was a fake because the variations for Tanya seemed really interesting.

It's very ridiculous, but everyone is going to speak their opinion and make damn sure you heard it cause if not they will keep on replying until someone fuels their fire, and then everyone else assumes the logical answer is to fuel the fire with more fire and now it's just chaotic. It's just human psychology.

ErMac333

Noob
Yea, i'm just ignoring it from now on. I really liked her original design...and I really like this one too so its cool. I AM upset that the leaked variation list was a fake because the variations for Tanya seemed really interesting.
Yeah, ignoring it is the best for now, like what is left to discuss? She has already been changed, people are happy... It's not about feedback anymore, it's about stress.

Her variations indeed seemed interesting, but I'm sure NRS will do a great job with the actual ones! It would be really fun to have one that changes some combos for the use of her boomerang and adds some specials that use it!

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

Agree with this post 100%

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Yeah, ignoring it is the best for now, like what is left to discuss? She has already been changed, people are happy... It's not about feedback anymore, it's about stress.

Her variations indeed seemed interesting, but I'm sure NRS will do a great job with the actual ones! It would be really fun to have one that changes some combos for the use of her boomerang and adds some specials that use it!
I'd be really surprised if boomernang actually made it in. She only had it in MK4 and it was replaced with the tonfas in Deception and Armageddon (plus a couple of other characters already have very similar bommerang moves). I would guess that the tonfas will be back since they were used in story mode. Although I hope they get some kind of redesign becasue they always looked kinda weird and awkward to me. Personally though, I would like to see the bommerang return as well.

ope this is her dlc outfit. Anyway this is a black woman. Everyone with dark skin gets that dark skin from African people, because Africans were the first people. I never said them people in your picture were black, but they have black DNA. All Dark skinned Edenian people aren't black people, but Tanya is black.
Man what the hell is your problem? are you robot or something. Dont you have anything better to do? You just keep replying everyone's posts and telling that she is a black from africa. What africa? there is no africa in edenia its effing fictional. Its like saying Darth Vader is from Europe or Shao Kahn is from Mongolia. She doesnt have African DNA get over it already and stop that zealotry.

ErMac333

Noob
I'd be really surprised if boomernang actually made it in. She only had it in MK4 and it was replaced with the tonfas in Deception and Armageddon (plus a couple of other characters already have very similar bommerang moves). I would guess that the tonfas will be back since they were used in story mode. Although I hope they get some kind of redesign becasue they always looked kinda weird and awkward to me. Personally though, I would like to see the bommerang return as well.
Yeah, even Jade has some similar moves with a projectile that comes back. And about the tonfas, she could use it in general, but having their attacks replaced in the possible boomerang variation. So I can clearly see her using both, but I'm really not counting on it lol

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
Yeah, even Jade has some similar moves with a projectile that comes back. And about the tonfas, she could use it in general, but having their attacks replaced in the possible boomerang variation. So I can clearly see her using both, but I'm really not counting on it lol
I'm hoping that the invisbility comes back...at least for a variation. However give it something that distinquishes it from reptiles.

Anyone here wants facts about dark skinned black people? Look up Tariq Nasheed's documentary Hidden colors one, two and three, great info. This brother go's all over the world to get his info.
Make sure to help this brother out by buying his great documentary.
Here's another documentary for people that don't understand dark skinned people, and where they come from.

Last edited:

ErMac333

Noob
I'm hoping that the invisbility comes back...at least for a variation. However give it something that distinquishes it from reptiles.
I'd actually preffer she has other tricks to show her cheating personality... The invisibility move is too much of a trademark of Reptile, and I think it would be difficult to present it in a different way from him actually. If NRS can make it though, that'd be great! But I'm more inclined to want new trick moves.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I'd actually preffer she has other tricks to show her cheating personality... The invisibility move is too much of a trademark of Reptile, and I think it would be difficult to present it in a different way from him actually. If NRS can make it though, that'd be great! But I'm more inclined to want new trick moves.
Like something similar to Zatanna's smoke & mirrors? (not sure if you played Injustice or not) OOOO OOO speaking of Zatanna it would be cool if Tanya got something similar to her giant fireball move.

I think she should get her invisbilly back, that was cool. I know it's Reptile trademark but why can she have it too? I love to 50/50 people when they can't see if it's a high or a low.