What's new

General/Other - Tanya So, it looks like Tanya (DLC) was redesigned!

She looks better though the glowing white eyes she's not a God or undead so to be honest, I never understood that aesthetic look for her IMO.
I love the glowing white eyes on Tanya. It makes Tanya look like a black goddess, like Storm of the X-men.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
So, when all of those people told rational thinkers like myself and others that her model was finished and that it was way too late to go about changing her they were talking out of their asses?

Shocking.

I think ppl r missing the point. The issue here isn't whether she black, brazilian, Indian, or dark edenian. The issue here is they lightened her skin... ALOT. And that's NOT the Tanya ppl fell in love with and remember. Ppl want their character to remain recognizable, and white Tanya was not it. It'd be like if Sonya was randomly dark skinned, or Subzero and Scorpion switched colors. True none of these changes would hurt gameplay and be purely aesthetic, but u cant just change fundamental things ppl remember about a character.

Its not even the fact she is "Insert Colour" (I see her as black) It is the fact you said she was of African decent. Unless there is an Edenian version of Africa she is nothing to do with the African heritage, just black (In my mind)

Gamer68

Fujin!
God, does it even matter? Look: Yes, she was lighter before. Yes, she's darker now (like she was in the older games). No, she isn't African. Yes, she's Edenian.

It doesn't really matter if she's "black" or not. Just move on, please?

xX_Atrocitus_Xx

Blood & Rage
God, does it even matter? Look: Yes, she was lighter before. Yes, she's darker now (like she was in the older games). No, she isn't African. Yes, she's Edenian.

It doesn't really matter if she's "black" or not. Just move on, please?
It's a odd conversation isnt it? She's fixed what else matters.

Its not that serious for me as a black person, I mean I love to see black characters represented in games and wish we had more representation.

But in terms of Tanya, I think the fact that they brightened her skin is why people are questioning it so much.

I mean in the original Street Fighter 1987 Birdie was a white man, and when SF Alpha dropped they made him a black man, and I questioned it, a lot, but no one seemed to really care

ErMac333

Noob
I don't like the idea of Tanya being a ninja... She's like Sindel or Sonya for me, her own stuff. The ninjas for me are still the trio, I can hardly consider Skarlet a kharacter (actually she is, I know, but I'm stubborn).

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I feel Tanya is a ninja, some seem to feel she's not. I think she would look great with a ninja mask. if i remember right Tanya had one in MKD
No she has never had a mask. It was in Khameleon's bio card where Boon is discussing that Khameleons moves are borrowed from the other female ninjas...Tanya,Mileena,Kitana, & Jade.

ErMac333

Noob
I don't wanna get into any kind of huge discussion here, but I think people argue about it simply because it's a HUGE design change. It's like changing Sub Zero clothing to orange out of nothing. The skin is a really imporant part of a kharacter design, if not the main part, because it's the last thing you can change (unless you're MJ).