What's new

Match-up Discussion Smarrgasm Rain MU Chart

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Rain is 5-5 with Baraka, no question. I have played this matchup 15346462536 times with Mothmonsterman0 and he will tell you the same thing. Reasons:

• Rain cannot do anything about max ranged blade charge. Nothing. Squat. The only thing you can do is try to guess right when I am going to do a blade charge and armor through it, but if you succeed chances are I can just back away again. He can't teleport, can't lightning, cant bubble, nada.
  • ^^^All that is true but is canceled out by the fact that one mistake is half of my life.
  • RH pressure really messes with Baraka, he has a tough time getting out of it.
  • Spark can be lightninged on reaction. They both have equally good corner games.
  • Once Baraka gets in slices pressure will build him meter
  • Baraka has a better corner game due to the fact that he can reset you, Rain's armor hurts it a little
But yeah basically They both are just as good as each other at most things but Rain has bigger damage and Baraka can zone him out.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If Kitana is 6-4 vs Rain then Kabal is most certainly 7-3 as I find that matchup to be quite a bit easier for me when I play Kabal.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
lol quan rain is so a battle of meter. You're always like "ex rh ex rh ex rh" and then I get pissed so I'm like "Do you know what 52% garenteed damage on block feels like?"

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I agree with Reptile being a 5-5. I could see it being 6-4 Reptiles favor, but I digress. 5-5 is fine.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Guys also remember this is a personal chart for how i feel going into each MU. These numbers can be off for other people so dont take this as the end all be all for Rain's MU's. A community chart will be coming out in some time with some discussion helping to better refine the numbers.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Guys also remember this is a personal chart for how i feel going into each MU. These numbers can be off for other people so dont take this as the end all be all for Rain's MU's. A community chart will be coming out in some time with some discussion helping to better refine the numbers.
That's awesome and yea I think it's good people are being proactive and making their own charts,..people taking that initiative shows MK9 isn't dead and ppl still give a damn!

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Rain is 5-5 with Baraka, no question. I have played this matchup 15346462536 times with Mothmonsterman0 and he will tell you the same thing. Reasons:

• Rain cannot do anything about max ranged blade charge. Nothing. Squat. The only thing you can do is try to guess right when I am going to do a blade charge and armor through it, but if you succeed chances are I can just back away again. He can't teleport, can't lightning, cant bubble, nada.
  • ^^^All that is true but is canceled out by the fact that one mistake is half of my life.
  • RH pressure really messes with Baraka, he has a tough time getting out of it.
  • Spark can be lightninged on reaction. They both have equally good corner games.
  • Once Baraka gets in slices pressure will build him meter
  • Baraka has a better corner game due to the fact that he can reset you, Rain's armor hurts it a little
But yeah basically They both are just as good as each other at most things but Rain has bigger damage and Baraka can zone him out.
I'm backing Zoid up on this. Baraka Rain is 5:5

I agree with 5-5
vs Cage? really? can you say why =) I've played this MU alot, offline too. I fell this is 5:5 Rain can keep Cage is check with 4RH but cage has better footsies and is better once he is in. Armored dashes are good, but don't kill cage since he most his strings have great recovery and he can block before eating a combo.

If he comes to final round i will gladly ft5 him. But im not saying im a better player than him. He has definitely proved that he is a top player with his performances. Im saying that his knowledge pertaining to this character may not be as good as more dedicated rain players not just me but others like Reno_Racks BookBurning and many others.
my fundamentals alone carry my rain, my spacing, my pokes, ect. i also check the forums from time to time to see whats new with rain althought its been rare of new post now n days, smarrgasm is right i dont put as much time into my rain as i do with other chara but thats been slowly changing lately im definately looking to take rain to new heights in time, as far as some of the more advanced deep things with rain i have no use for them i find my playstyle to be working just find, but i have been nit picking at things ive read through the forums to incorporate into my game

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I think Scar could be the best rain if he put more time into him, but I'll give that title to Smargasm for now. The guy who posted the STH(Rain) vs Vonstroke(Cage) video and saying it's 5-5 because of that? Come on dude, no disrespect to any of those dudes, but neither one is the best with Cage or Rain. Mu numbers can only be based on top level play.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Damn that saja Guy really knows how to suck a dick

Smarrgasm why do you think kitana is harder than Sonya?
For me it has a lot to do with the range of kitana's attacks and the Iaf's are a bitch to deal with. With sonya for the most part shes gonna want to be on top of me trying her mixups and that plays more toward the style of how rain plays. Really sonya is probly 4-6 as well but i just wanted to make a point that rain can deal with more offensive characters a lot better like her, cage, baraka, etc.
Another thing is that i mained and trained against sonya a ton so i feel comfortable in that MU even though she is still broken as hell in my eyes lol.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
You agreed with me. And im still mad at you for last night when i got on for the first time in like 3 weeks and sat in a party playing ranked -____-
I wasn't aware your brain doesn't permit you to say the words "Hey Chongo, you want to have a few casuals?"

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
smarrgasm add me emperor_scar u ps3 right?
Nah im on xbox man. If we ever play itll probly have to be offline. Ive played Showtime when i was at raleigh but other than that i didnt get to play any more of the houston crew. Looking forward to it man.