What's new

General/Other Should we just call him 'Kano'? Is that what you want?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
At some point, he may need slight adjustments, but it is far too early to tell. None of us want NRS to repeat their kneejerk "balances" though. Still makes me laugh about Kano, man.

"He's not good enough! BUFF UP BALL! NO, HE'S TOO GOOD...NERF UP BALL AND KNIVES. AW FUCK, WE RUINED HIM! LULZ 2 BAD. WE HAZ 2 PAY 4 DUH PATCH NOW!"
:D:D damn xD

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I hope lobo turns out to be good :p
Oh, even if he's shit, I'll probably play him. Gotta try to have fun with our hobbies; people tend to forget that! I mained Quan for a long time and he's all gimmicks. I just enjoyed playing him.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Well...they're both mercenaries who lost an eye. Just that one's English(not sure, just judging from accent) and the other is Austrailian. Both are zoners as well.

If he gets any more nerfed I'll lose hope for NRS and the community who refuses to let the game develop.

I'll just copy/paste what I always say: Play as him on Classic Battles Very Hard AI difficulty and see if you can keep the opponent out for more than 5 seconds. Good fucking Luck.

PwnStar

Noob
I think the main issue with his zoning is this game seems really oriented to push back and move backwards better than get in and move forward. Every successful hit with death stroke can knock you back half a screen. Your only safe option is to walk and duck and that takes FOREVER. If the push back wasn't so insane in this game it would be manageable, but he's given way too much lame out potential. That or they buff forward movement. Many characters just don't have options to move in on him and just 1 small mistake can offset 4-5 proper evades...which is just dumb. I know people are saying only scrubs are free to this, but that's not true. This character has strong MUs and there's simply not enough options for some characters with how stupidly rewarding a single hit is with him. Nerf either the pushback of his attacks, buff forward movement for some characters, or add more recovery to blocked projectiles. SOMETHING has to happen.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
His guns don't push back on block though..

Because of the active frames his moves are super whiff punishable. High mobility rapes him on a wrong read. Teleports too, and he is not the best zoner.

PwnStar

Noob
They don't but walk block, gets you like 1-2 baby steps it takes too many intervals of that pattern just to offset 1 successful push back from a hit. This is made worse if he gets his trait active to finish a round off. Jumping is too risky because MB moves tend to counter most options.

I like DS's zoning games, it's just too rinse and repeat against certain match ups. I'm playing GL and it's very frustrating. you lose the zoning match and using bf3 to get in can back fire pretty badly if read or mistimed.

I just don't want this game to be about MUs like MK was where you either raped or got raped. I'd rather DS get nerfed on pinning people down with constant push back on successful hit and buffed on options once they get in. This isn't a mere case of it only works on scrubs, this is a stupidly tedious match up once it goes full screen for some characters.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
That's generally how zoning characters are supposed to be, I could make the case that Flash is a stupidly tedious match up once he gets in for some characters.

You can dash after blocked guns, especially after AR fire. His trait is too slow for anybody to NOT be able to at least get in. You can disrespect the grenade pretty much anywhere and it won't hit, you can jump it full screen and it will go over your head closer than 3/4.