What's new

Should NRS include an option to filter Wi-FI connections?

Wifi filter on Kombat League / ranked?

• Total voters

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
They have a filter for those who have a ping that's over 150p.
A wifi filter wouldn't matter when someone can mess with there connection during the match anyway..
Some things you just have to tolerate when playing online and that's people who aren't capable of winning so they find ways to cheat.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
A wifi filter wouldn't matter when someone can mess with there connection during the match anyway..
Some things you just have to tolerate when playing online and that's people who aren't capable of winning so they find ways to cheat.
yep, and that why online sucks major ass, and we only play it due the lack of better and vast competitive options to do it offline, hehe .. :p

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
which is way to high in the first place. its not about some special snowflake cheater its that the majority of matches are shit due to how the system works. of course there will be always lagswitcher but thats not the issue. you can manually filter out people in casual, let me at least do that here too.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
yep, and that why online sucks major ass, and we only play it due the lack of better and vast competitive options to do it offline, hehe .. :p
I wouldn't say its major ass but its definitely a slight setback from how the game suppose to be played with less to no delay. If only more Arcades still existed.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
which is way to high in the first place. its not about some special snowflake cheater its that the majority of matches are shit due to how the system works. of course there will be always lagswitcher but thats not the issue. you can manually filter out people in casual, let me at least do that here too.
Did you also think about how many people won't be able to find matches online if they allowed such filter. That's including players that are good at the game. They may not get matches because people will decline them constantly. I'm sure if you played in the stress test and the actual beta you would know what i mean.

Edit: Not everyone is willing or have the time to play sets by the way.

Did you also think about how many people won't be able to find matches online if they allowed such filter. That's including players that are good at the game. They may not get matches because people will decline them constantly. I'm sure if you played in the stress test and the actual beta you would know what i mean.
the game sold millions of copys and the majority plays on wifi. i'm sure they won't have a problem. it would be hillarious if wifi players declined other wifi players.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º

Edit: Not everyone is willing or have the time to play sets by the way.
every human being who is able to buy the game can go into a store... buy a fucking lan cable and plug theire shit on it. other option is power line adapter. there is not a single reason why anyone who claims to be good should play on wifi...or is that what makes them good? sorry, no excuse for no filter and wifi player. its not like we talk about a upgrade which costs hundeads of dollar.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
the game sold millions of copys and the majority plays on wifi. i'm sure they won't have a problem. it would be hillarious if wifi players declined other wifi players.
Yeah, makes you wonder why people saying this game is dead already huh? It's quite questionable where all those people are now...."playing other games"
Also i'm sure it has happened seeing a wifi player declining or rage quitting against another wifi player.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
every human being who is able to buy the game can go into a store... buy a fucking lan cable and plug theire shit on it. other option is power line adapter. there is not a single reason why anyone who claims to be good should play on wifi...or is that what makes them good? sorry, no excuse for no filter and wifi player. its not like we talk about a upgrade which costs hundeads of dollar.
Not everyone has that luxury to buy a ethernet cable and plug it into the router. The player could be a college student, i'm sure they don't have a direct connection to the campus routers. You're also forgetting your connection depends on the area you live, even if you're wired that doesn't necessarily mean your connection will be great.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
Not everyone has that luxury to buy a ethernet cable and plug it into the router. The player could be a college student, i'm sure they don't have a direct connection to the campus routers. You're also forgetting your connection depends on the area you live, even if you're wired that doesn't necessarily mean your connection will be great.
exactly, that are two different topics, which is why i posted that a ping/regio&wifi filter should be implemented.
man, there must be a lot of russian students i encountered only today...that of course excuses me being forced to play against them.
they still can play the game, even with such a filter...only thing which happens is that they might need to wait longer or organize people to play with who dont care. no one, not even the wifi player has something from a fucked up match due to a shit connection. its a waste of time on both sides.

i mean when you just care for the fucking costume and to grind as fast as possibel to it...sure...thats great for them but a ranked system is there to bring people with the same skill level together to get GOOD matches out of it. that you have to play casual to get that is just stupid and there is nothing which you can say which justifies that current system. its shit!

you can get good matches ouf of the game, casual mode shows that. but ranked in its current form is just fucked up.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but you might be on to something.
when you fear that people dodge you because they know you beat them in ranked by implementing the same system as in casual. the easyest solution is to hide all your player infos and just show your connection/region. that way just that makes the difference about if someone will play you or not,

in casual...yeah, you can dodge people right now but its casual so they most likely thought...ah..they didnt think about the whole thing in the first place...its just messed up but not that hard to fix, when they want.

would be great when some of you native english speakers could make some petition thing and post that here and on twitter to get some attention for that issue.

trufenix

bye felicia
when you fear that people dodge you because they know you beat them in ranked by implementing the same system as in casual. the easyest solution is to hide all your player infos and just show your connection/region. that way just that makes the difference about if someone will play you or not,

in casual...yeah, you can dodge people right now but its casual so they most likely thought...ah..they didnt think about the whole thing in the first place...its just messed up but not that hard to fix, when they want.

would be great when some of you native english speakers could make some petition thing and post that here and on twitter to get some attention for that issue.
It's already a huge dodge to say all wifi players are bad so ban them. When this crap goes through it really won't matter about names or casuals or anything. It'll just be the part of the community that has wired connections playing each other exclusively and calling everyone else filthy casuals cause now they can't even participate.

Can't wait.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
It's already a huge dodge to say all wifi players are bad so ban them. When this crap goes through it really won't matter about names or casuals or anything. It'll just be the part of the community that has wired connections playing each other exclusively and calling everyone else filthy casuals cause now they can't even participate.

Can't wait.
the majority of connections to wifi players are trash, thats how it is. dont blame me for it and force everyone to endure that shit. if a wifi player is good or bad...well, would he care about good matches to show of his skills he would not use wifi in the first place. how do you call someone out to be something when you dont encounter him anymore ;) i dont see that issue to be something which will pop up.

are you on wifi? how anyone can seriously be against such a filter is beyond me. dont you want good matches?

We are living in 2019
Exactly, we've moved on from everything being attached to a cable. That's why there's soooo many wifi players.

With that said, it would be nice if ethernet connected players were preferentially matched up against others.

But as i've said before, people just don't care. So long as they have a connection that's good enough.

Owerbart

I miss you
yeah im ok with wifi but if you are declining a game that has an acceptable connection you should get two losses for being a pussy