What's new

Should EU PS4 players just buy the US version of MKXL?

What region of MKXL would you prefer to have if possible?

• EU

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • US

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Both

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
While we won't know until it's in the actual full version of the game, signs point to the new netcode still being region locked on PS4, and I believe there may be other benefits to doing this:

- KP2's content in entirety is likely to exceed £20/30 Euros anyway

- Shinnok is likely to be unlocked from the start for TO/offline purposes

- Some people who don't have KP1 content can get it out of the way here in one shot, myself included (now before I'm accused of being a maniac and how can I be expected to learn every single matchup adequately, let's put into perspective that as far as matchups go, a lot of people had Spectral Ermac down as "the worst variation in the game hands down" for the first 6 months of the game's competitive life, so yeah....), for the record, my local training partners offline have KP1 whenever I have needed to know anything.

Now as far as using KP2's content against other EU players, if enough of us do this, we can just use it against each other anyway right?

Probably a couple of other things I'm not taking into consideration right now, but in the grand scheme, what do you guys think?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I doubt that even with ggpo you'll be getting a lot of playable connections when playing people are that far away.
There was someone here from Quebec playing Tyler Lansdown (Chicago) and he said the connection was fine. A small bit of choppiness but definitely playable.

I think it's a good idea to bring us all together as a community. Although it just begs the question "Why don't NA players buy the EU version?" :DOGE

I think the better question is why is the online region locked in the first place. I don't know if NRS knows this but other games have cross platform play now. GGxrd (PS3 & PS4) SF5 (PS4 & PC) and soon KI season 3 ( PC & XBONE )

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
i got both eu / us version of the game. i'm located in Germany, some games run smoothly against US, majority are laggy though. though i think most americans are on wi-fi. i plan to get both xl versions of the game depending whether the dlc is on the disc or some stupid dlc codes. if they pull another batman origins "complete" edition then GFY

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm forced to have an EU account, but this time around i might buy a digital version of MKXL, so i'm considering buying the US edition, because if its GGPO its good to put yourself into test against the US

Besides, who is not US is already considered trash, point in case, there is not an EU player i actually desire to play aside from Foxy and the EU TYM community, everyone else online on EU account is completely irrelevant, i don't care about playing online on my region either, i have an EU MK for for this lol.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
You can feel every which way about region locking the on-line play, but the fact is that playing intercontinental sucks donkey ding-dong, no matter what kinds of connections are involved. No kind of Internet connection or, God forbid someone would even think this, netcode can overcome geographical distance. EU-US (or any other similar distance) will always have lag. No matter what. I, personally, wouldn't bother playing against people in the US even if I could. In fact, in SF4 I could, and I don't.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
You can feel every which way about region locking the on-line play, but the fact is that playing intercontinental sucks donkey ding-dong, no matter what kinds of connections are involved. No kind of Internet connection or, God forbid someone would even think this, netcode can overcome geographical distance. EU-US (or any other similar distance) will always have lag. No matter what. I, personally, wouldn't bother playing against people in the US even if I could. In fact, in SF4 I could, and I don't.
With all due respect, that probably says more about your own situation, because I can confidently say that TTT2 intercontinental online play > already MKX LOCAL online play.

Tell that to all the guys from the Middle East who are forced to play us.
Ive played with a friend from a while ago ( he's from the uk and im from the middle east) in the beta and it was really good actually , keep in mind i was wireless at that time aswell.

zoofs

bless
There was someone here from Quebec playing Tyler Lansdown (Chicago) and he said the connection was fine. A small bit of choppiness but definitely playable.

I think it's a good idea to bring us all together as a community. Although it just begs the question "Why don't NA players buy the EU version?" :DOGE
quebec? excuse me pryce thats pretty close to chicago lol

but yeah if region lock isnt removed all the freeu players should definitely get an na copy, connections have been more than playable on the beta

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
quebec? excuse me pryce thats pretty close to chicago lol

but yeah if region lock isnt removed all the freeu players should definitely get an na copy, connections have been more than playable on the beta

That was from when the beta was first released lol. I've played guys from EU now and it's still great.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
It's pretty shitty that in order for us to bypass the outdated region lock system and get the full usage of the game we have already payed about £70/€80 that we have to pump another big lump of money into it.
You don't do you? Can't you just make a US psn account and it should work from there?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I really hope they remove regionlock. Playing ppl with 150ping runs 100 times smoother then ppl with 50ping in old netcode