What's new

General/Other - Shirai Ryu Shirai Ryu General Discussion Thread

Tweedy

Noob
Since f1 and f12 aren't too minus you can also stop the string at any point and grab them once they're conditioned.

Edit: Kung Lao can't ex spin or ex teleport, at least out of tempest.

Last point...

Erron Black can poke out with his ex grab, but you can jump and get a free njp if he does it.

Last edited:

Fairlysadpanda

Really bad at fighting games.
Really liking that [f1,2,1+2] x close kunai is a true blockstring now. :)

BTW highest 1 bar damage I've found off of f1, 2 is [f1, 2, 1+2 (1 hit)] x qcb+3, njp, [4, 4] x bf1+5, run, [b2, 1] x bf1. 36%.

StealtyMuffin's combo above is a great punish to something like Sub Zero's slide. [4, 4] x bf2 into 45%. Delish.

ATIWAB

Noob
Really liking that [f1,2,1+2] x close kunai is a true blockstring now. :)

BTW highest 1 bar damage I've found off of f1, 2 is [f1, 2, 1+2 (1 hit)] x qcb+3, njp, [4, 4] x bf1+5, run, [b2, 1] x bf1. 36%.

StealtyMuffin's combo above is a great punish to something like Sub Zero's slide. [4, 4] x bf2 into 45%. Delish.
That 36 is the best I can find off F122+4 too, but the Run timing can be tricky. If you don't run and stop that last B21 at just B2-BF1 instead, you do only 1% less damage without needing to close any gap. You can end the last B21 with DB3 instead of BF1 too, it's easier to time for only 2% less, or if you want them full-screen to avoid wakeups, you can end the MB BF1 with an Air Spear for 3% less.

Takes a bit of time to get the timing right on 44+MB BF1 too, sometimes it'll come out as 4-Tornado Kick even though the inputs are 100% accurate on the training log because if you input the second 4 too fast, the game thinks you're doing 4 BF4 1.

Last edited:

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Nothing, he probably meant bf1 based on his combo.
I figured as much. Anyways why end that combo with bf1? Does the bf2 not come out fast enough for the combo? I've always, if I could, end my combos with bf2 because you get more advantage on hit, well this was all according to the prepatch frame data.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I figured as much. Anyways why end that combo with bf1? Does the bf2 not come out fast enough for the combo? I've always, if I could, end my combos with bf2 because you get more advantage on hit, well this was all according to the prepatch frame data.
sometimes pre patch at least for me bf2 would whiff on the last hit and sometimes i would be punished. so for me - when the opponent doesnt seem close to the sweet spot for comboing into bf2, i would use bf1. or for people who i would want a bit farther away - example Tempest Kung lao - i usually always end with bf1 or d2 to put him at perfect range to bait wake up spin - cause they always wake up spin.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
sometimes pre patch at least for me bf2 would whiff on the last hit and sometimes i would be punished. so for me - when the opponent doesnt seem close to the sweet spot for comboing into bf2, i would use bf1. or for people who i would want a bit farther away - example Tempest Kung lao - i usually always end with bf1 or d2 to put him at perfect range to bait wake up spin - cause they always wake up spin.
I had that same problem with combos before too, so I would do the same and end in bf1 in those situations. I was just curious.

I will say this about the new patch, they weren't lying about hitbox stuff. If I were to do the f1,2,2+4 (2nd hit)~db3, f2,1~bf1 combo, it hits damn near everytime now. Pre-patch it wasn't that consistant for me.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
I had that same problem with combos before too, so I would do the same and end in bf1 in those situations. I was just curious.

I will say this about the new patch, they weren't lying about hitbox stuff. If I were to do the f1,2,2+4 (2nd hit)~db3, f2,1~bf1 combo, it hits damn near everytime now. Pre-patch it wasn't that consistant for me.

yeah ..its kinda bitter sweet .. they really fixed so much stuff but i still look at the njp and its like....ehhhh...i dont wanna be that guy butttttttt... i straight up missed tremors ENTIRE body numerous times yest when we both njp'd face to face at the same time. but... i with all the adjustments we got.. i will accept it as it is... i will still bitch about it here and there but if it never changes .. it will be okay

ATIWAB

Noob
Timing issues make bf2 only do partial damage at times, plus the slide forward he does to start it can put you completely past a juggled opponent's falling body. BF1 ends in slightly more damage for most combos and leaves them in a better position to b21kunai immediately on wake. Things like SZ's wake-up ex slide, a b21 will actually break armor on at bf1 ender range on the previous combo before it actually reaches you.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
I don't know if this worked pre patch but F122+4xxClose Kunai is a true block string, also you can bait all armored reversals with F122+4xxTele Feint (YES!) and a new un breakable damage combo F2xxENKunai > JENDB1 > ENBF1 > BF1/JDB1 (37% 3 bars) or omit ENBF1 to go straight into BF1 for 32%.

Carmine

PSN: CaptCarmine
With the buff on frames for 2, I think we can also do 2,1,2 in combos for brutality swag if they are already dead

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I remember seeing talk about the EX Kunai restand in one of our discussion but I can't remember where to look for that. Can anyone help me out? Also are there any videos on some good corner tech yet that can really lock people down in the corner? I'm still losing because i can't keep an opponent from switching sides with me..

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Debate:

One thing I came across was that for the teleport - when you delay it - takeda is actually smaller than when he is normally ducking. Thus this would make you to believe he has a smaller hitbox and would follow the basic principles of the same As when he is ducking. This is false. Example - He still gets hit by jax ex dash punch that is a high.

How do we feel about this ? Just would like to hear everyone's thoughts

I feel if his hitbox was accurate, tele delay would be more useful in certain situations. I can def live without it- but now that I notice it it's like "this doesn't make sense"

ATIWAB

Noob
Debate:

One thing I came across was that for the teleport - when you delay it - takeda is actually smaller than when he is normally ducking. Thus this would make you to believe he has a smaller hitbox and would follow the basic principles of the same As when he is ducking. This is false. Example - He still gets hit by jax ex dash punch that is a high.

How do we feel about this ? Just would like to hear everyone's thoughts

I feel if his hitbox was accurate, tele delay would be more useful in certain situations. I can def live without it- but now that I notice it it's like "this doesn't make sense"
Just labbed this since I already had it open, it does seem to use ducking hitbox on KJ's 111, are you sure Jax's dash punch wasn't input as the version that hits overhead? Jax can modify how it hits while mid-flight.

Edit: I must've have been out of range on KJ's high hit in the 111 actually, just re-tried it and you're right. I never noticed this before, but yeah, pretty shitty that hurtbox remains the same even in a ducking position. I'm not sure changing it would be groundbreaking to our tech though.

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Just labbed this since I already had it open, it does seem to use ducking hitbox on KJ's 111, are you sure Jax's dash punch wasn't input as the version that hits overhead? Jax can modify how it hits while mid-flight.

Edit: I must've have been out of range on KJ's high hit in the 111 actually, just re-tried it and you're right. I never noticed this before, but yeah, pretty shitty that hurtbox remains the same even in a ducking position. I'm not sure changing it would be groundbreaking to our tech though.

Yeah it's weird . I noticed it cause I'm labbing a lot vs jax. I could see it helping vs him . Having to stay away from jax and staying on the edge on b21 range - vs a good jax they are gonna ex dash punch after a blocked b21 a lot . going into tele cancel delay after b21 would cause them to whiff . But you're right , jax does have the overhead and they can mix it up. But , let's say for things like cages shadow kick , it would def be helpful to use the cancel that way

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Plus I just found weird with vs cage. Testing b21 2+4 with reversal on eclipse kick. Cages kick and our 2+4 basically blow right through each other ..

It's every single time .

Takeda is crazy

But it looks like he covers well before we do

Last edited:

ATIWAB

Noob
Plus I just found weird with vs cage. Testing b21 2+4 with reversal on eclipse kick. Cages kick and our 2+4 basically blow right through each other ..

It's every single time .

Takeda is crazy
As Ronin Takeda, if you EX blade call right as Kitana's Fan-Nado hits you, it won't register as a hit on armor or anything, the tornado just disappears.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
As Ronin Takeda, if you EX blade call right as Kitana's Fan-Nado hits you, it won't register as a hit on armor or anything, the tornado just disappears.

haha i wish all her moves did that on takeda.. like " you have no power here" lol