What's new

Combo Video - Necromancer Shinnok [Necromancer] combos

how did you upload this? and nice combo but gotta find a better way to utilize that meter. 2 bars for 37 percent? or 1 bar with around 30% or so percent saving the 2nd for breaker. just something to think about. keep up the good work though!

I knew baby hands Shinnok would have some sweet combos. Have you been able to convert off the second or third blast with a run combo or only with exing the first one?

Dr Jackal

Dr__Jackal
how did you upload this? and nice combo but gotta find a better way to utilize that meter. 2 bars for 37 percent? or 1 bar with around 30% or so percent saving the 2nd for breaker. just something to think about. keep up the good work though!
You are totally right ! I am just trying to get the most damaging combos ^^
In 10 mn I will upload a corner combo

i hope theres a noob saibot like chatacter in the game. in terms of dominance in the corner. oh there was a move that NRS didnt show on stream. its an air move dont remember the variation or if it was universal. you think you can show that in your video for us so we know what it is? would appreciate it.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Yeah, can you show us what his tricky portal looks likes please Dr Jackal? I think that was the only special they didn't show of his.

i hope theres a noob saibot like chatacter in the game. in terms of dominance in the corner. oh there was a move that NRS didnt show on stream. its an air move dont remember the variation or if it was universal. you think you can show that in your video for us so we know what it is? would appreciate it.
It is only in Impostor and it is a teleport, but yeah i would love to see it too)

Hi guys :) Nothing big, I am just starting in the labs with Shinnok.

I start with Necromancer, I will edit this thread with the combos I found
Here a midscreen combo (37%) (2 bar)

Corner combo 38%:
@Dr Jackal could you please answer some questions about the Impostor variation which is the centre of my interest:
- is there an Ex Mimicry? And if there is what does it do?
- can you Ex or Mb the stolen moves?
- what are the qualities of his Tricky Portal moves?

And some questions about his universal qualities:
- what is his Ex Shoulder on block?
- what are his Hell sparks and Ex Hell Sparks on block?
- frames on any of his normals will be much appreciated;)

Albo

Noob
@Dr Jackal could you please answer some questions about the Impostor variation which is the centre of my interest:
- is there an Ex Mimicry? And if there is what does it do?
No

- can you Ex or Mb the stolen moves?
No, and you can only use the special once

- what are the qualities of his Tricky Portal moves?
Can only be done in air, by default behind the opponent but there's also an option for in front. When you reapper above your opponent you can attack immediately with four options which are shinnoks regular neutral jump attacks. 1 or 2 juggle, are 5f and 0 on block whereas 3 and 4 knockdown start 8f and are -3 on block.

And some questions about his universal qualities:
- what is his Ex Shoulder on block?
Both standard and ex are -13...(though paulo said some frame data is yet to be corrected)

- what are his Hell sparks and Ex Hell Sparks on block?
Standard -26 on block, ex +22

- frames on any of his normals will be much appreciated;)

S1 8F -1
D1 5F -8
D2 6F -15
D3 8F -7

D4 10F -3

edit: some more frame data from my notes

b3 low 6f, -6 block (leads into good strings exclusive to bon e shaper variation)
f2 (bone shaper exclusive) 14f advancing normal (0 on block) leading into good strings.
f2 (necro and imposter)16f, -13, good avnacing normal

d2 good upercut 6f, -15 block though
d1 decent poke 5f, -8 block and +11 hit
d3 decent poke 8f, -7 block, +8 hit
1 8f, -1 leads into decent strings
b1, 15f though advancing, -3 block

Even though air tricky portal is decent move with this variation, the other two variations seem a lot better to me overall. Bone shaper has more and better strings and necro has more and better specials. Mimic cry doesn't seem worth using it over the other two either.

Last edited:
Good stuff buddy
But i agree that 2 bars for 38% is a waste of meter

At first i thought that shinnok will be the mk9 subzero of mkx. But i always believed that there are always stuff to discover. And unless u put a huge huge effort on the char and for long time u r not allowed to judge it .

So I looked at his normals . He really got great normals that can be used to exert preasure and bait opponent's reversals ( now i typed a list and before posting i noticed the last post .. So i deleted all the explaination XD )

Flick : a special move that is a great blockstrings ender ( -3 on block hits mid ). And good to be used with b3 too.

Albo

Noob
All I could find for one bar in necromancer

midscreen:
112, ex fiend, njp, 112 flick 32%
112, sparks mb, dash, 112 flick 30%

corner:
312, b3 ex fiend, 112 flick/shoulder charge 36%