What's new

Strategy - Shinnok Shinnok matchup thread discussion

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Figured I'd double check here before I make a real thread about this, these are the numbers I have for certain Imposter MU's

Imposter beats Erron Black but goes even against Outlaw
Imposter goes even against Reptile
Imposter beats Jax in every variation (this might be a stretch)
Imposter beats Cybernetic, goes even against Cutthroat and Commando

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Well, Raiden can punish any raw Hell Sparks with the Superfly move. And yeah if you get trapped in the corner, Bone Shaper players will try and bombard you with pressure up close. His Dark Beam is now -15 so check and see what you can punish with. After Shinnok burns a bar of meter for amulet strike or hell sparks, nothing he does after that is guaranteed so you can armour out. If you block the 2nd spark and the third spark whiffs, you can run in for a full combo punish.
But how should I play the corner before he touches me? When I'm scared to move cause of hell sparks.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Ah I mean, I don't really know what to tell you there. If you in the corner and he's away from you, it can be hard to get in

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Figured I'd double check here before I make a real thread about this, these are the numbers I have for certain Imposter MU's

Imposter beats Erron Black but goes even against Outlaw
Imposter goes even against Reptile
Imposter beats Jax in every variation (this might be a stretch)
Imposter beats Cybernetic, goes even against Cutthroat and Commando
Impostor Cybernetic is 5-5, coming from someone that plays both characters lol. I've played this a bunch at my local with one of the other guys that also has an Impostor and I'd call this one 5-5. It's not easy on either side, kinda fun to play actually. I'd say Impostor beats Commando and probably goes even with Cutthroat.