What's new

General/Other - Shinnok Shinnok General Discussion Thread

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I would like slide for Erron Black. Ex Kunai sounds like a much better idea and move than the punches. If you think him stealing Jason's armor is bad, imagine if he stole Pursuit.
He could steal the punch or grab. Also pursuit could work after Impostor and still allow a 50/50 which would be crazy

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I've been messing around with Imposter Shinnok for the past few days and I've run into an issue. I've tried to link his F4 into sparks for a combo and I can't do it. Is this move not comboable or is it a problem of timing?

GGA Max

I'm really interested in their design choices for his stolen moves,

Like... should he steal the tool that works best against that character

The best of that characters tools

Choices had to be made... the other thing is that if he stole the best move of each fighter he might not need his other variations.

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
I've been messing around with Imposter Shinnok for the past few days and I've run into an issue. I've tried to link his F4 into sparks for a combo and I can't do it. Is this move not comboable or is it a problem of timing?
It's just a really quick sliding motion with both your thumbs. You have to instantly do the f4 db2 in a split second. I do it by sliding my right thumb from 4 to 2 and the same time as the I'm sliding my other thumb from f d b. I had a lot of trouble with it at first until realised the motion to make with your left thumb is really more of a f-b movement than a half circle. You have to slide it f to b while just barely hitting the down input on the way over. It's a little tricky a first but you get used to it.

... However if you're on stick than disregard all that.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
It's just a really quick sliding motion with both your thumbs. You have to instantly do the f4 db2 in a split second. I do it by sliding my right thumb from 4 to 2 and the same time as the I'm sliding my other thumb from f d b. I had a lot of trouble with it at first until realised the motion to make with your left thumb is really more of a f-b movement than a half circle. You have to slide it f to b while just barely hitting the down input on the way over. It's a little tricky a first but you get used to it.

... However if you're on stick than disregard all that.
It's hard for me to do it at max range, however if I'm standing close to my opponent I can do it pretty reguarly. So maybe it's something about the frames of the attack from hit advantage vs raw? Not sure.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
It's hard for me to do it at max range, however if I'm standing close to my opponent I can do it pretty reguarly. So maybe it's something about the frames of the attack from hit advantage vs raw? Not sure.
It has to do with the fact that you can do it faster closer since the hit comes faster. Keep in mind that you have to connect the f4 before finishing db2

That would be overpowered. Shadow kick from JC etc is fine
I really don't think that would be OP. I mean he gets it in some MU and it doesn't necessarily mean he wins those. Plus most of the cast has vortexes on every character and you don't have to know a different way to combo every character. We have got such things as Summoner's Vortex and Thunder God's corner game/vortex and you call Impostor being able to combo back into mimicry for every character OP?!

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I really don't think that would be OP. I mean he gets it in some MU and it doesn't necessarily mean he wins those. Plus most of the cast has vortexes on every character and you don't have to know a different way to combo every character. We have got such things as Summoner's Vortex and Thunder God's corner game/vortex and you call Impostor being able to combo back into mimicry for every character OP?!
Just because they're broken doesn't mean shinnok should be though. But it does change match ups a lot. Or should at least. Denying that is strange imo. But it would be super sweet if he stole ex nut punch from JC etc there is no denying that hah. I just don't think it's necessary since he gets almost 40% off a restand vs almost all those he can't vortex

i wish shinnok stole cassies flip kick so i can put her ass in the blender.

it sorta sucks that you can't put most of the top tier characters in the vortex (kung jin, raiden, cassie, sonya).

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
i wish shinnok stole cassies flip kick so i can put her ass in the blender.

it sorta sucks that you can't put most of the top tier characters in the vortex (kung jin, raiden, cassie, sonya).
Nah...I want that extra 16% of chip for free.

Malec

Noob
I am downloading the newest patch atm, sounds really interesting, I am kinda hyped right now for Shinnok
  • Shinnok - adjusted several hitboxes to hit more consistently
  • Shinnok (Necromancer) - adjusted tracking of Devil's Flick, Devil's Backhand, Summoned Fiend, & Summoned Slam
  • Shinnok (Necromancer) - increased damage on Judgment Fist & Judgment Smash by 3
  • Shinnok (Necromancer) - Devil's Flick is no -8 on block (up from -4)
  • Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - Dark Beam is now a high block and +8 on hit (up from -14)
  • Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - opponent can no longer techroll after Scepter Slam
  • Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - Deity combo (Towards + BP, BP, throw) can now be 2in1 cancelled on hit

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
FUUUCKKK why did they make dark beam a highhhhh :(((((((

The rest of the buffs are delicious though.

F41xxDF2 is a LOT more annoying now since they can't tech roll. Oh I love you Paulo.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
OMG

I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS

Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - Deity combo (Towards + BP, BP, throw) can now be 2in1 cancelled on hit
AND
Shinnok (Bone Shaper) - Dark Beam is now a high block and +8 on hit (up from -14)

WE HAVE A FUCKING +8 RESTAND YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!