What's new

Question - Shinnok Shinnok Beta Changes Discussion

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
Also, 11 seems to have been changed in the beta. I forgot what changes were made exactly but when I compared the frame data, it didn't seem to match. Amulet Strike seems to have increased range and push back as well. Still -10 but I don't think it's punishable. It is still a high though so it is duckable if one predicts that the Shinnok player is going to do that special.
what about F224 .. is the 4 changed in anyway ( on block / cancel advantage ? )

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Also, 11 seems to have been changed in the beta. I forgot what changes were made exactly but when I compared the frame data, it didn't seem to match. Amulet Strike seems to have increased range and push back as well. Still -10 but I don't think it's punishable. It is still a high though so it is duckable if one predicts that the Shinnok player is going to do that special.
checked the whole frame data a while ago, only noticed (real) changes in the sweep.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Listen though. That startup is split between in front and behind the opponent. So, you can be too early, and get whiff punished due to anti airing in the wrong direction. It's a risk to try if they do it real low.
Not if you time it properly, it's not the Shinnok's problem the other person doesn't know how to deal with it. Even if normals aren't fast enough they can always armour easily on reaction, otherwise they can just dash out.
I logged in just to lol at this a little. Anyone with a solid IAT is gonna blow you up for thinking that way.
Well then I'll lol a little that you think reacting to a 27 frame move isn't possible. It doesn't change startup depending on the height you do it at and you still can't do a jump attack the frame you get to the other side which leaves room for the opponent to do something.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Not if you time it properly, it's not the Shinnok's problem the other person doesn't know how to deal with it. Even if normals aren't fast enough they can always armour easily on reaction, otherwise they can just dash out.

Well then I'll lol a little that you think reacting to a 27 frame move isn't possible. It doesn't change startup depending on the height you do it at and you still can't do a jump attack the frame you get to the other side which leaves room for the opponent to do something.
Certainly armor, yeah, I never ruled that out.

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
what about F224 .. is the 4 changed in anyway ( on block / cancel advantage ? )
Sorry, I haven't checked that. Sassolino said that he checked the whole frame data though and the only changes he found was Shinnok's sweep (B4). It is now safe on block (used to be -18), 3 frames faster (used to be 18), and less recovery.