What's new

Question - Shinnok Shinnok Beta Changes Discussion

Harukaze

Noob
so if you do a jip cancelled into teleport jip does it jail on block and/or combo on hit.
i know that jip teleport the njp have gap u can armor soo it will be the same thing here i guess it will have gap soo those who dont know the match up will suffer abit

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Since everyone has been asking, I cut a clip from a match to show off his buff. I still want to lab actual tele combos tho.

After tele, hold forward or backwards and your move will act as a JIP/JIK.

Yeah this is going to be a gong show

ArmedCalf

so if you do a jip cancelled into teleport jip does it jail on block and/or combo on hit.
Nah man I wouldn't say. I've been doing this set-up since day no OH Shinnok. Anything after JIPxxtele isn't true. Like the following NJK or NJP can be poked/armoured. It's a solid af gimmick though.

The netcode was the only buff he needed. Not whiffing hellspark juggle and getting fully punished.

This makes him brand new. The damage buff and all the ways to lock an opponent down might make him better than pre-patch bs.

I wouldn't know how to test this but does anyone know from start to finish how many frames a perfect ia tele takes?
I think ia tele goes smth like this:
2 frames to get airborne in this game, then go the 18 frames of start up of the tricky portal, then(if you don't do any air normals) goes the recovery which is 40 frames, but in reality is much less for the IA tele as Shinnok will be very close to the ground and will recover in like 10 frames or so. If you do NJP (9 frames of start up) or NJK (7 frames of start up) you add that up plus recovery of the said move which also depends on the height of your air attack.
So I think empty IA Tele takes about 30 frames until you recover. If you do any air attacks it takes a bit more

Harukaze

Noob
Nah man I wouldn't say. I've been doing this set-up since day no OH Shinnok. Anything after JIPxxtele isn't true. Like the following NJK or NJP can be poked/armoured. It's a solid af gimmick though.
no bro u wrong after mimic if u jik 3 to teleport to 4 its 100% safe i test it no one in the game can armor it and i test it on real high lvl players too nobody can armor it cuz they on block stun from 3 if they fucked up they armor they get hit by 4 try it in lab with lao cyclone u will see

ArmedCalf

no bro u wrong after mimic if u jik 3 to teleport to 4 its 100% safe i test it no one in the game can armor it and i test it on real high lvl players too nobody can armor it cuz they on block stun from 3 if they fucked up they armor they get hit by 4 try it in lab with lao cyclone u will see
I'll believe it! I have never used his jik in my life lol.....also I was technically right, anything after JIPxxTele isn't true;)

D. R.

Noob
I was really hoping Imposter would steal Subz EX iceball with this beta instead of regular ice. Has me nervous about if NRS is going to change what he steals from Predator, Jason and EB. Oh well, the chip game is real now at least.

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Mimicry is -17 on block (-10 in game). I used to throw it out on GM Subs and other zoners while they begin their projectile in order to gain Hit Advantage. Now people can't just throw it out. I just wish its hitbox was improved, similar to Quan

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Mimicry is -17 on block (-10 in game). I used to throw it out on GM Subs and other zoners while they begin their projectile in order to gain Hit Advantage. Now people can't just throw it out. I just wish its hitbox was improved, similar to Quan
Just imagine if they gave Mimicry anti air properties...he'd be busted.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Ok so Shinnok main's, can yall explain two things?

1) I read in this thread how the tele Jip is a huge buff, but I still don't see how. Can't you just AA on reaction to the tele? So you're still guessing on whether to block NJK or AA? Why is this a huge buff compared to the old meta?

2) How significant is the Necro Hand buff? Does it make a big difference in any of his setups or zoning?
Absolutely not. You cannot anti air it at all.
Any good Shinnok, even mine, does instant air teleport un reactably, at a height so low that on the other player's attempt at anti air is actually impossible, knowing that Shinnok's jump normals are faster than the anti-air normals that the defending player will attempt to use.
I wish there were a way to manually turn my character around to guarantee an anti-air...

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Teleport is 27 frames which is definitely reactable...
Listen though. That startup is split between in front and behind the opponent. So, you can be too early, and get whiff punished due to anti airing in the wrong direction. It's a risk to try if they do it real low.

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
how are you doing IA teleport? its hard for me to get
I remember finding out a long time ago when Mustard was streaming. He said the Russians found it out originally, and now I am going to tell you. (Much easier on PS4 btw), simply hold down the left analog stick with your right hand thumb, then double tap the "up" button on the d-pad with your thumb from your left hand. Boom. You are now able to IA Teleport with Impostor. I am not sure how to do it on X1 since I don't currently own one, but yeah, just use the analog stick AND the d-pad, and you should be good to go.

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Also, 11 seems to have been changed in the beta. I forgot what changes were made exactly but when I compared the frame data, it didn't seem to match. Amulet Strike seems to have increased range and push back as well. Still -10 but I don't think it's punishable. It is still a high though so it is duckable if one predicts that the Shinnok player is going to do that special.

Bad Genez

Green
I remember finding out a long time ago when Mustard was streaming. He said the Russians found it out originally, and now I am going to tell you. (Much easier on PS4 btw), simply hold down the left analog stick with your right hand thumb, then double tap the "up" button on the d-pad with your thumb from your left hand. Boom. You are now able to IA Teleport with Impostor. I am not sure how to do it on X1 since I don't currently own one, but yeah, just use the analog stick AND the d-pad, and you should be good to go.
Yeeeeeah this is it ^ Cept they also added that if you swap your inputs (to what, I don't remember) but you can do it without having to use that awkward ass claw to IAT mid game.

ArmedCalf

D pad with the left hand and stick with your right fellas. Practice makes perfect and I'm a beeeeeeast at IA's

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Absolutely not. You cannot anti air it at all.
Any good Shinnok, even mine, does instant air teleport un reactably, at a height so low that on the other player's attempt at anti air is actually impossible, knowing that Shinnok's jump normals are faster than the anti-air normals that the defending player will attempt to use.
I wish there were a way to manually turn my character around to guarantee an anti-air...
Ah ok this makes sense. I was playing a good Imposter and with minimal MU exp didn't know why I kept getting hit lol. He was doing them really low so by the time I tried to uppercut I would get hit and I ended up just blockinh. Seems like a really good buff so maybe there'll be more Imposter's out there now than so many BS Shinnok's. Always was an underrated variation.