What's new

Semi-Emergency: To Anyone Who's at EVO -- Pull for KDZ If You Can

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So to make a long story short.. KDZ has been on the receiving end of a very f'ed up situation, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. The short of it is:

His car broke down on the road on the way to his original flight yesterday to Vegas. That's pretty messed up in and of itself; and to his credit, he thought quickly and bought himself a (very expensive) last minute ticket to Vegas. That flight was supposed to leave early this morning, and get in at 10am, with plenty of time for him to make his pool.

That flight however, was inexplicably cancelled at the last minute, ruining the backup plan. As a last resort, the airline moved him to a partner airline; but that airline's flight arrives in Vegas at 1:30 PM.. And his current pool, K106, begins at 2 PM.

So (fingers crossed) if everything goes as planned with the current flight, he will be on the razor's edge of making it to his current pool on time.

I'm making this thread because, in short, if KDZ is going to be able to play Injustice at EVO, he is going to need everyone there on the ground to pull for him. This means either allowing him a bit of extra time to make his pool if need be, or maybe bumping him to another pool if there's any kind of delay.

It's out of the ordinary, and I'm usually big on 'going by the book', but this is a ridiculously unlucky situation, which has already cost him quite a bit, and this it the biggest tournament of the year, the one everyone's been training towards and waiting for.

I don't know who's in his pool, but I'm going to tag everybody I can. Hopefully something good will happen for him after all this and he'll be able to play.

MITDJT AK Pig Of The Hut GGA 16 Bit WoundCowboy FOREVER KING rev0lver funkdoc AK Reno_Racks Relaxedstate RunwayMafia

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Hopefully anyone who's already at the venue can make the EVO staff aware of the issue before he gets there. I'd really be horrible to get all the way there, and not even be able to compete.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
My flight landed 30 minutes before estimates arrival and the airport is not that far from the venue. Hopefully he'll be there just in time. He's not in my pool but the winner of my pool plays the winner of his. It's a shit matchup for me but I don't like to take free wins
Mad respect for this post

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Kdz plays at 2, right? What pool specifically? I might be able to talk a judge into pushing his match back a bit.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I'll talk to whoever I need to talk to and do everything I can.
Thanks a ton Reno -- you are a class act.

Kdz plays at 2, right? What pool specifically? I might be able to talk a judge into pushing his match back a bit.
K106.

So any update?
I talked to him as his plane was about to take off -- his flight left on time, so hopefully it should arrive on time and he'll be able to get his bags and run. It's going to be super close.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
Damn that really is a shitty situation. Best of luck for him to make it there, bro. I've got to see a rematch of him and Rico Suave again from CEO. Gotta happen!! >=0

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
lol, so that's why KDZ looked so shocked when I literally had to DQ 3 people at the same time from a pool I was running adjacent to his. (They were all 45 minutes late and holding up the bracket)