What's new

Strategy 'Safe' KO strategy

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
An idea I've been meaning to try against my housemate for a few days (we don't get to play often unfortunately) is to wipe off the last chunk of his health with Grave Rot and WCC pressure.

I know some things beat the WCC armour outright such as supers, and other things can wear it out such as Night Wing's barrage thingy, but in some situations this could potentially be the 'safest' way to get the KO. If he's virtually invincible from constant WCCs and simultaneously hurting his opponent with Grave Rot MB (and perhaps also regular Grave Rot stacked on top) this could be a really lulzy finisher.

Has potential in my mind but that may not tally up with the reality. Unfortunately I'm probably going to be in the office for at least five more hours. :(

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Can Grundy get hit in between WCCs? If no, this could be very interesting.
I'll try it out soon but I don't have the perfect execution with WCCs at the moment, so maybe someone else can test this better.

Frothy said you are so wrong that he cannot even fathom posting in this thread.

EDIT: Frothy says even though he was wrong, he is still better and next time you should check with him before posting silly not guaranteed strategies. OR ELSE! He offers no apology, he is THE OMEN! ... .

circle masher

What was he/she wrong about and what did he/she think I was wrong about? Farts disappearing on armoured hit?

Brahma

Noob
Problem with this is that you still take damage even though you'e armored. You have to be right on top of them to cause grave rot damage, and it's minimal damage from grave rot. MB rot is 2% a second, but if I have meter, I'd rather use it for MB hands or MB trait grab. Using WCC to stay close while trying to win by chip damage is probably a much more risky strategy than trying to land a hit.

Also people are starting to get wise on WCC.

circle masher

That's not a problem with it despite what you say, it was always obviously going to be highly-situational. I made it clear from the start of the thread that I wasn't talking about activating Rot at the start of a round then WCCing them to death or anything outlandish like that.

The situation is this: if the opponent has very low life and is not able (for character/meter/screen position/etc. reasons) to easily keep Grundy off them for long enough and/or beat his armour/life advantage then this could be a simple and efficient way of KOing.

It may not, but that is what it's worth testing for.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
FrothyOmen is some punk bitch moderator that has kids post stuff for him. He does this because he thought banning himself from TYM would help his tiny brain study for finals, but he bought Injustice and hangs out in TYM chat all day. The most counter productive simpleton on these boards.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I won a match online vs a green lantern like this. I threw him with bf2 mb, then while he was airborn I did GR mb GR. He tried to wakeup Trait lift...got me in a combo and the GR killed him mid combo.

It was an epic rage quit
So wait GR doesn't fade when you get comboed? or does only the first instance of it get removed?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
ex stays on hit i think
also with damage trait on and both rots activated the damage is like 4% every second

I leave for a week and still get blown up. I do not think this is useless tech at all but there are holes. I will discuss my thoughts later when not on my phone -_- this is certainly viable and useful in some situations for sure though.

circle masher

Innit. Two more factors that could make this idea all the more viable against low-health opponents:

- GR being unClashable damage (I presume there are no instances where GR can be Clashed?).
- The clock (WCCs + GR could be extremely intimidating for somebody who wants to close in on you if you're running the timer with a life lead...).