What's new

Run/Run Cancel Discussion 9/1/2015

Wrubez

The Flow Instructor
I think the 4f hold is just plain unnecessary. I thought it to be ridiculous for Liu but to now hear that it affected the entire cast...yeah this has to be fixed. Run cancel's are one of the most fun aspects of the game and leads to some swaggy combos to boot. Dragon's Fire will not only be severely hamstrung strategically; he just got, like, boring, right? I mean you already nerfed his block pressure, the hold just seems to be overkill. And it's poetic karma that it affected the whole cast. At least it would prompt a hotfix asap.

Edit: Oh okay if it's because you need to let go of block due to the OS nerf then...not sure it's gonna change.

So Paolo and Steve and the rest of the designers should all just go home and wait for the call that xbox has been fixed before doing their jobs anymore? Or should they go back to college and get network engineering certs?
Putting in changes that dont break shit would be a good start. Isnt 16bits job QA? He hasnt really done that. I dont think i need to list all the broken shit that players found that he didnt.

omooba

fear the moobs
liu kang can still loop f213fbrc x3 with no gaps.

what...the...fuck

(ps 100% have patch because tremor 2 is high)
(ps2 jax b2 option select still in game)
Liar you can poke out of the dash and armor the run cancel and his bnb is now a billion times harder to hut. I wouldn't be surprised if f4,4 is now punishable on block if u dash

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
The worst part about this is that they said on stream "this will be the state of the game for a long time now", so don't expect a hotfix... Fuck

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
My poor thumbs doing run cancels. Arrgh! :( Is it easier on a stick? I need to seriously invest in one. I want to start playing in local tournaments.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Liar you can poke out of the dash and armor the run cancel and his bnb is now a billion times harder to hut. I wouldn't be surprised if f4,4 is now punishable on block if u dash
you cant get a reversal armor out, there are no gaps

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Jax's combo are now incredibly inconsistent on males (I could get the combos 8/10 times pre patch now looking at 5/20 at best), near impossible on females. Even his easy starter strings like 12 into EX overhead are difficult when before these were 100% consistent.
His RC pressure is so easy to see because you practically see the whole rocket startup animation any mind games have gone, and confirming some of his harder links such as 123 RC 3b2 or even his toughest links F21 RC 3b2 are just not viable.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
It takes 3 seconds to notice that they messed up big time, no need to explore anything really. I can't believe they didn't test any run cancel before releasing the patch

Dean

On The Grind
People don't get how hard it is to QA considering they've never done it. If it's just one person, or a small group of people there's no way that they're going to find everything.
Sorry but I'm done with excuses and the lack of acknowledgement on issues like XB1 users are having, not even being able to play the game.

I don't care if they are directly related or not, this company is shitting on a ton of die hard MK players and FGC players in general.

It's not ok when we are paying good money on this game, it should not have this many flaws, this consistently.

I'm tired of it.

They deserve to be ridiculed.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
People don't get how hard it is to QA considering they've never done it. If it's just one person, or a small group of people there's no way that they're going to find everything.
The thing is this is not really difficult to find since it affects many characters, and the Tanya throw is broken. If there is not enough people, how about getting more people? This patch took a while to get out and has been in the making from even before EVO according to the stream so why?

I don't understand why we got to find excuses for NRS all the time, sure it's difficult but how can you make it so that shit like this does not happen? Instead of excuses find solutions.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Sorry but I'm done with excuses and the lack of acknowledgement on issues like XB1 users are having, not even being able to play the game.

I don't care if they are directly related or not, this company is shitting on a ton of die hard MK players and FGC players in general.

It's not ok when we are paying good money on this game, it should not have this many flaws, this consistently.

I'm tired of it.

They deserve to be ridiculed.
I have the xbone version and I've never experienced any issues, although I know about them. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Also everyone keep in mind I'm not defending NRS, i'm just simply stating what I think. I don't know how big their QA team is, if it's huge then it's a problem, but if small then I don't know what to say. Regardless some major things needed to be fixed and weren't, and I'm not too sure how the Tanya shroud glitch managed to not get noticed.

Error404

Noob
One of the producers said that the studio had 300 testers hired for MK X . So don't give me none of that " oh they can't find everything" bullshit.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
One of the producers said that the studio had 300 testers hired for MK X . So don't give me none of that " oh they can't find everything" bullshit.
I'm positive that they don't have 300 testers currently testing the game. After a game launches, a LOT of testers contracts end and they keep a much smaller team to QA the game.

Error404

Noob
I'm positive that they don't have 300 testers currently testing the game. After a game launches, a LOT of testers contracts end and they keep a much smaller team to QA the game.
Well clearly they currently have 0 , because there is no way they tested and didn't notice that 1 in every 4 variations in the game is busted.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Solutions instead of excuses? Maybe Hire more people, perhaps have public tests before release? Get top players to do quality checking?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Solutions instead of excuses? Maybe Hire more people, perhaps have public tests before release? Get top players to do quality checking?
Saying this to me does absolutely nothing, they'll do whatever they want to do and that's it unfortunately. Sucks for us but the reality is that it is what it is.