What's new

Rising Thunder (Alpha) Discussion & Matchmaking Thread

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Anyone can help me figure out how to stream or point me towards a good resource for stream help?

Talos's damage needs to be nerfed, you don't need to do anything to get in on everyone and you do so much damage for no risk.
Say what? I don't think we're playing the same Talos.

I'd get into this more if I could figure some stuff out lol. I know it's technical alpha but the 1995 style practice mode is unfortunate for the time being. I'm sure it's on their backlog of things to improve by beta/release.

I doubt anyone can tell but does dash cancelling invincible moves in this game make them safe? Like dauntless dust breaker
Yes. I need to incorporate it in my Edge play but I've had Chels and Dauntlesses do this against me. It's pretty annoying.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
So far the game is fun, can't get my goro real arcade pro v5 to work for the life of me and out of pissing me off to no end that o am forced to use my keyboard instead of my fightstick and it is really throwing me off, but it is a lot of fun and the connection is really good. I personally love playing as crow, the game is simple like smash but it appears to be much more complex and I have noticed it is extremely footsie heavy, I am having a lot of fun with the game personally, my friend gave me an extra code he had so I was able to get in easy

Top Players I've seen playing this game and/or streamed it:

SnakeEyes (Talos)
FilipenoChamp (Chel)
Justin Wong (Edge - same stream as FChamp)
Alex Valle (Talos/Edge)
PaulB (Crow)
Honzo_Gonzo (Crow)
Rico Suave (Talos)
Spab_Rog (Dauntless)
SonicFox5000 (Dauntless, but probably plays more)

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So Edge has been changed with the latest patch.

He has a new Alpha special move, and his old one is not neutral on block anymore, I can't mash low light pokes after a blocked one.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think dauntless cold drill is punishable by jabs. That makes me sad

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Maybe you're right :p I've only played about 50 matches, and with no good training mode it's hard to tell what's actually going on. That said, I think edge seems kind of like a better version of dauntless personally, but it's alpha so who cares about balance right now.

One thing to note...I've only fought one vlad. He seems ridiculously unpopular for some reason. He looks pretty cool and seems kind of funny, I'll give him a shot sometime. Tbh his DP looks like crap though, not sure about his other tools.

Most popular seems to be Talos. He seems like the easiest scrub killer in the game, but as far as how good he actually is, it's hard to say but he does seem really slow an punishable, with no real reversal except super.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Maybe you're right :p I've only played about 50 matches, and with no good training mode it's hard to tell what's actually going on. That said, I think edge seems kind of like a better version of dauntless personally, but it's alpha so who cares about balance right now.

One thing to note...I've only fought one vlad. He seems ridiculously unpopular for some reason. He looks pretty cool and seems kind of funny, I'll give him a shot sometime. Tbh his DP looks like crap though, not sure about his other tools.

Most popular seems to be Talos. He seems like the easiest scrub killer in the game, but as far as how good he actually is, it's hard to say but he does seem really slow an punishable, with no real reversal except super.
Dauntless outranges Edge with his normals, and I think he has 50/50 combo starters because I always keep getting hit lol.

I agree about Vlad, he's the least popular character. His flight seems to be good. Always fucks up my anti-air attempts and he whiff punishes me. Don't know much about his other tools. His rocket seems to have good recovery.

Talos' ridiculous armor messes me up a lot lol. But I play Edge so I always sneak in a couple of hits then turtle with the life lead and force him to come to me and make mistakes.

This game is a lot of fun but I'm getting to that point where it's not enough anymore without proper training mode and frame data.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Vlad gets no love and it is the only character I have played so I got no one to learn from. His DP is kinda shit it works but more often then not it trades so that sucks. Vlad vs a good Chel is a nightmare her zoning and fast dp combined with vlad floaty predictable jump and air cancels\cd on rockets make it a slaughter fest.

Vlad is cool as shit though and will continue to put time in him just cuz he is fun and It may pay off later down the road.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Talos' ridiculous armor messes me up a lot lol.
Luckily it's suuuuuuuper punishable lol.

Dauntless outranges Edge with his normals, and I think he has 50/50 combo starters because I always keep getting hit lol.
Yep her 50/50 is either her cr.m (low) or her f+st.h. They both convert into good damage. And Jabs are + on block lol :p

His rocket seems to have good recovery.
I think they're pretty good. At full screen or anywhere I suppose, you can do rocket xx Kinetic Adv. then just dash or fly after the rocket and start doing what you want. Pretty neat. You can convert off it too if it hits to that's sweet.

This game is a lot of fun but I'm getting to that point where it's not enough anymore without proper training mode and frame data.
Tell me about it. This game will be sick when released. I hope it has local mulitplayer so me and Youph can play it.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I played an Edge with a Master Tier I rank.......................
Edge is crazy dumb right now. I think his only weaknesses are needing a DP to anti air, lack of range on normals, low damage.

He does everything else though. Glad I picked him up and talos