What's new

Breakthrough - Balanced RIP Kenshi. Why Balanced is Bottom 5 in MKX and it's a shame.

Schuyler

Noob
Lololol.

The is no way in hell that shotgun Jacqui is bottom 5.

Neither is high tech Jacqui nor (IMO) lasher Takeda. Get with the new patch brah.

Also it's not a matter of thinking, his zoning tools in balanced are shit.

Oh you whiffed a 9% tele flurry? Eat this full combo punish from half screen away.
Doesn't kenshi have an overhead so if you even try and neutral duck you'll get hit by that? And okay lets take takeda and jaqui both off the list. Lets instead add sonya special ops and relentless. Im tempted to add slasher too. Remember jason barley has fucking mids. Balanced kenshi defiantly isn't bottom 5. All the kenshi mains can go ahead and cry me a river while jasons mids continue to act as highs. I want johnny cage to be top tier again but you dont see me crying about it

Schuyler

Noob
This isn't MK9.
kenshi was never broken S+ tier in this game so the cast has always been able to compete with him.

This is a totally different game and if they slapped mk9 kenshi in mkx it wouldn't be as bad.

Your saltyness is showing
Lol why would I be salty. I said no longer so im obviously referring too mk9 when Im saying these things. Dont get mad get better and stop crying cause you don't have a broken charter. If anything your the salty one.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Lol why would I be salty. I said no longer so im obviously referring too mk9 when Im saying these things. Dont get mad get better and stop crying cause you don't have a broken charter. If anything your the salty one.
I Dont even play the character so I definitely Dont care either way and I Dont see anyone here asking for a broken character they want decent zoning to help against the new run mechanic.
But since he was good in mk9 he doesn't deserve that I guess?

Schuyler

Noob
Beside Goro all of those characters have atleast 1 or even 2 decent - good variation. Kenshi has none.

So, you have no idea what you're talking about. You're just a typical hater with no arguments what so ever. Excuse yourself from this thread.
Lol your saying kenjutsu or possessed aren't decent lol? The downplay is fucking real with you kenshi players. Go ahead and cry me a river would you. How about you brake out the old xbox360 and reminisce on the days were most of the cast couldn't even touch you lol. Unfortunately you have to actually work for a win in this game it sucks right. Btw Ive played and learned balanced and possessed so I actually indeed know what im talking about.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Lol your saying kenjutsu or possessed aren't decent lol? The downplay is fucking real with you kenshi players. Go ahead and cry me a river would you. How about you brake out the old xbox360 and reminisce on the days were most of the cast couldn't even touch you lol. Unfortunately you have to actually work for a win in this game it sucks right. Btw Ive played and learned balanced and possessed so I actually indeed know what im talking about.
Your saltyness is showing again

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Doesn't kenshi have an overhead so if you even try and neutral duck you'll get hit by that? And okay lets take takeda and jaqui both off the list. Lets instead add sonya special ops and relentless. Im tempted to add slasher too. Remember jason barley has fucking mids. Balanced kenshi defiantly isn't bottom 5. All the kenshi mains can go ahead and cry me a river while jasons mids continue to act as highs. I want johnny cage to be top tier again but you dont see me crying about it
Almost as bad as Dink's post.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Lol.

You can stand block the overhead slash on reaction and then run in for pressure afterwards. You really must have no idea how balanced Kenshi works if you think he's good.

Spec ops sonya is also not bottom 5. Seriously, it's like you have no idea how the game works.

I don't play Jason, but I heard the patch addressed a lot of his whiffing mids.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Here we go again living in the past. Welcome to 2015 we play a game called mkx. I can see by the avatar you've heard about it. 2011 called it wants its mule to stop getting beat by people like you.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
BOO HOO my character is no longer broken S tier. The rest of the cast can actually compete with him now BOO HOO. It sucks having to out think your opponent and actually think about playing a zonning charter. Balanced kenshi bottom 5?

all 3 of goros variation
jaqui high tech
Jacqui shotgun
Takeda lasher
Unstoppable jason.

So kenshis defiantly not bottom 5 stop crying cause your charters not broken. Kenshi players are some of the biggest down players ever.
Lol you try taking balanced to tournament see how it works. I'm not wanting kenshi to be broken. I WANT HIM TO BE VIABLE, you don't know Jack shit about the struggles of maining this dude. I can't use half the tools I have or what I get full combo punished from ANYWHERE. Balanced kenshi is a scrub killer, he pets
Preys on those who don't know shit about the match up. Who actually RESPECT kenshis zoning, kenshis zoning when is not respected will blow him the fuck up. Kenshi is bottom 5 easy, I play lasher as a secondary. He is MILES better than balanced kenshi. I fucked around and played a lot of unstoppable. Once again MILES ahead. Jaqui recently got buffed and can get in on kenshi EASY, literally anyone in the game can get in easy on kenshi is they know the match up. I'm not downplaying. I'm being a realist. I WISH I could up play kenshi. I tried for a certain amount of time, I JUST CAN'T he is horribad.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
SF Sonya bottom 5? Coming from someone who said Reptile was low mid just because of his damage I'm not surprised. Just like Cassie and Shinnok are low mid as well because both of them barely get past 30% damage midscreen.

It's hilarious the amount of people who basically joined TYM yesterday with more posts than some who have been around here for years, because I believe new members have more than enough free time to make bullshit posts like these.

Lol.

You can stand block the overhead slash on reaction and then run in for pressure afterwards. You really must have no idea how balanced Kenshi works if you think he's good.

Spec ops sonya is also not bottom 5. Seriously, it's like you have no idea how the game works.

I don't play Jason, but I heard the patch addressed a lot of his whiffing mids.
I do find kenshi the absolute easiest of the zoning characters to get in on.

Over there? That's Kitana. Even the best eat a fan or two trying to get in, if not a full combo when caught jumping by some fast ass fans. Next to her, that's Predator, and not only is he a pain to get in on, he'll make you pay and throw you back out for 4x% as soon as you give him a gap. Yeah, kenshi needs some help, man. He doesn't have an up close game like predator, or the ability to really make you work to get in like Kitana. I don't play the character. Don't even like him. I think his design/story is about as stupid as can be, second only to baraka, but the character needs some help.

Read through pretty much the whole thread and I am not here to argue cuz I have seen some atrocious buff suggestions and statements but I will skip past that. All I am going to say is that I think balanced is still his best variation and I for sure dnt think it is bottom 5 in the game. Also I do not want to hear (oh MIT why don't u go place with him) that needs to stop for real. @FOREVER KING could place with goro, doesn't mean he is good.

Read through pretty much the whole thread and I am not here to argue cuz I have seen some atrocious buff suggestion and statements but I will skip past that. All I am going to say is that I think balanced is still his best variation and I for sure dnt think it is bottom 5 in the game. Also I do not want to hear (oh MIT why don't u go place with him) that needs to stop for real. @FOREVER KING could place with goro, doesn't mean he is good.
Only asking cause it'd be cool to see, maybe show some kenshi vs yomi in the stream tonight? Preferably after 7pm EST. I'd just be interested in seeing you guys play him and see how you(yomi, not you personally) do.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Fun fact: For those complaining about moves that are both armored AND plus on block, there's actually one move in the entire game with that distinction....

Guess who it belongs to....

Explain....

Once again. I am a Scorpion main, my main training partner offline has been a Kenshi main until VSFighting last month. I want some cold hard facts about these armor breaking moves that can only be abused against Kenshi.

You want a 14 frame tracking HKD to have the recovery of a standing jab?

You want an armored STARTER to be advantage on block?!

Just to prevent being ran in on and punished by a stamina hungry character?

Come on man, some characters not only don't have a safe armored move, but don't have an armored starter at all in any variation.

With all due respect, these suggestions have not been thought through, I was the voice of reason of behind the problems with Kenshi's frames in May or so, but I really don't think it's surprising that NRS haven't gone through with these ideas.
F2, B4, in ninjutsu and 11 breaks it as well. Hell, you can do a s1 into a MB'd teleport for punish and armor break.

Posts like those is why i really think we should talk in PM council or private in general.
He showed how good he is with a "bad character" beating several great players that used cage, lao, cassie all considered much better characters, and all good players in general.

Immortal

Blind justice....
He showed how good he is with a "bad character" beating several great players that used cage, lao, cassie all considered much better characters, and all good players in general.
Dude i don't want to be rude, really. So please talk to Pig so he can explain this to you. Coz we're on the same page.