What's new

General/Other - Bo' Rai Cho Return Of The Druken Fist: The Official Bo' Rai Cho PRE-RELEASE Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The process of working through the progressions that make you git gud is what validates your opinion - since you would then have an educated one.

Jokes are fine as long as they don't break the fiction - which Bo Rai Cho's character did for myself - and many others.

Bo Rai Cho's redesigning is completely irrelevant. He remains the character that burped and farted his way to victory. It cannot be undone.
You still haven't explained to me how you "got gud" exactly. What are the progressions of getting gud? Is there some type of test? Please enlighten me.

We're talking about Bo' Rai Cho in his current state, not how he was. We want him as a character as he appeared in MKX's story mode. What he was is in the past, and they've improved him greatly in MKX. Apparently you're unwilling to accept that because you're so hellbent on trashing this character.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
It sucks that he's such a game breaking character for you man. Unfortunately, you're in the minority.
No, I'm not. There are as many naysayers as yaysayers - and most people wouldn't mind him, but very few would put him in their top 4 wanted characters.

GAV

You still haven't explained to me how you "got gud" exactly. What are the progressions of getting gud? Is there some type of test? Please enlighten me.

We're talking about Bo' Rai Cho in his current state, not how he was. We want him as a character as he appeared in MKX's story mode. What he was is in the past, and they've improved him greatly in MKX. Apparently you're unwilling to accept that because you're so hellbent on trashing this character.
You've been here I've assumed. The veterans know, so I'll assume your testing me. I'm down to have my brain picked. I've done work. I remember the growing pains that came with searching out and playing people who have already done what it took to git gud . Honestly, I had my head beat in - repeatedly, but didn't give up. I worked on execution. I looked over the frame data and figured out how best to punish, what I could punish, and how. I studied the matchups and continued to evolve until my game started to resemble the meta. Then, I was able to make decisions to remain safe, yet still be unpredictable. Eventually, I could compete at that level - and my opponents - who had already done their work, but wasn't as hungry as I was - got their scripts flipped. Then, they regained that hunger, did more, and came back stronger - but in the meanwhile I had kept working as well.

If you do all this, or if you've done all this - when you speak on the game - your opinions are based on experience learned by playing the meta-game.

Bo Rai Cho's current state is how he was. You got a glance at him in story mode and think you know everything. He is what he was - and what he was remains an abomination.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
No, I'm not. There are as many naysayers as yaysayers - and most people wouldn't mind him, but very few would put him in their top 4 wanted characters.
If you were to combine people, who in a poll on tym, who didn't want him and were indifferent of him, it would only almost equal or equal those wo did want him.

Reactions: GAV
You've been here I've assumed. The veterans know, so I'll assume your testing me. I'm down to have my brain picked. I've done work. I remember the growing pains that came with searching out and playing people who have already done what it took to git gud . Honestly, I had my head beat in - repeatedly, but didn't give up. I worked on execution. I looked over the frame data and figured out how best to punish, what I could punish, and how. I studied the matchups and continued to evolve until my game started to resemble the meta. Then, I was able to make decisions to remain safe, yet still be unpredictable. Eventually, I could compete at that level - and my opponents - who had already done their work, but wasn't as hungry as I was - got their scripts flipped. Then, they regained that hunger, did more, and came back stronger - but in the meanwhile I had kept working as well.

If you do all this, or if you've done all this - when you speak on the game - your opinions are based on experience learned by playing the meta-game.

Bo Rai Cho's current state is how he was. You got a glance at him in story mode and think you know everything. He is what he was - and what he was remains an abomination.
Fair enough. I still don't see how this relates to a conversation about Bo' Rai Cho or how this makes your opinion more decisive than anyone else's.

We've gotten a glance at him and he's already been redeemed in many peoples eyes. He wasn't a bad character to begin with, his story was great, and he had a good personality. The only thing bad about the character is the puking/farting in his gameplay/fatality, which it seems that they've gotten rid of. If you choose to ignore the potential this character has, that's on you.

GAV

Fair enough. I still don't see how this relates to a conversation about Bo' Rai Cho or how this makes your opinion more decisive than anyone else's.

We've gotten a glance at him and he's already been redeemed in many peoples eyes. He wasn't a bad character to begin with, his story was great, and he had a good personality. The only thing bad about the character is the puking/farting in his gameplay/fatality, which it seems that they've gotten rid of. If you choose to ignore the potential this character has, that's on you.
He's already been established. Even though Reptile has turned into Birdman, he's still Reptile.

It would be no different with Bo Rai Cho. His abominable history precedes him.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Okay, we've all seen the image that the mighty eyebrows has posted. It is all but confirmed that Bo' Rai Cho will be in this game. I'm committed to all things Bo' and am willing to eat my words if he's out. So, this is the home for all things Bo' Rai Cho; whether it be speculation for variations, worshipping the founder of Drunk Fu, or general discussion.
I'll update this when news comes about and will be transformed into an official discussion forum when the time comes.

If you want to be a disciple, let me know and I'll add you to the below list:
[DelSchokoladenSaft
No one else...so far.]​

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
I really, really like the idea of a Bo' Rai' Cho that does not puke or fart (at all ever). He can be an awesome character, and I think he has the potential to provide comic relief that people over the age of 13 can appreciate.

I will be seriously pissed if even one of his variations involves puking or farting, however.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Bo Rai Cho is one of the silhouettes. Get used to it, boys. BRC is a really interesting character that NRS could do a lot with. Also, you can look forward to Brady having an alt, as he always said he would play BRC if he was ever in MK again. "THE PUKE PUDDLE DOESN'T FUNCTION PROPERLY. LOOK WHERE BO RAI CHO'S ASS IS"

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
I really, really like the idea of a Bo' Rai' Cho that does not puke or fart (at all ever). He can be an awesome character, and I think he has the potential to provide comic relief that people over the age of 13 can appreciate.

I will be seriously pissed if even one of his variations involves puking or farting, however.
Bo Rai Cho is one of the silhouettes. Get used to it, boys. BRC is a really interesting character that NRS could do a lot with. Also, you can look forward to Brady having an alt, as he always said he would play BRC if he was ever in MK again. "THE PUKE PUDDLE DOESN'T FUNCTION PROPERLY. LOOK WHERE BO RAI CHO'S ASS IS"

Are you disciples then? I appreciate both barf and nonbarf denominations.

Status
Not open for further replies.