What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

I am always on bro haha, look for me today I should be on, I'm on both Joker8417 and Crazy_JoeKerr_88. I will probably be on Joker8417, like a 99.99% chance.
Its funny how I think my worst/most hated MU is actually... Reptile. I honestly dont even think sonya is as bad as reptile mirror lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I hate mirrors lol, I get so bored and would rather try to counter pick with characters I suck with than mirror lol
Reptile mirrors are the worst lol, SO MUCH DASHING!!! Anytime I see someone pick Reptile I go for Kenshi (unless it's a tourny) I just get annoyed lol.

Medina4life

Media Master
Reptile mirrors are the worst lol, SO MUCH DASHING!!! Anytime I see someone pick Reptile I go for Kenshi (unless it's a tourny) I just get annoyed lol.
even in a tourney I get mad... I go "maaaaaaaannnnn" and proceed to lose because I care more about having fun than winning lol, then I get hella salty

Seapeople

This one's for you
Haha I thought I was the only one who hated mirrors. I always go to Sub Zero vs Reptile so I can control the pace of the match better

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Im better with Sonya than Lao but I seem to do better against rep with Lao than Sonya which doesn't make sense based on this thread. Reptile just zones my Sonya out. I get blown up if I try to jump in and if I dash block in I take a bunch of chip. Should I dash block I'm and just take the chip? Arc kick? Also, does your dash get punished by dive kick online?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Im better with Sonya than Lao but I seem to do better against rep with Lao than Sonya which doesn't make sense based on this thread. Reptile just zones my Sonya out. I get blown up if I try to jump in and if I dash block in I take a bunch of chip. Should I dash block I'm and just take the chip? Arc kick? Also, does your dash get punished by dive kick online?
If reptile throws out fb's from half screen or closer you can jump over and dive kick for a punish. He has trouble zoning once sonya gets started and he absolutely can't rush her down for the most part lol.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I don't really have problems from half screen its getting to half screen, like in my matches against you the other day lol. I need more mu experience against good reptile players.

I see you have KL as 5-5.. but is it one of the harder 5-5 matchups if that makes any sense? I had more success with KL than Sonya against rep, which I'm sure speaks to my inexperience with the Sonya matchup.. I need to punish dash better. I'll try to Sonya D4 force balls when advancing.. maybe that works.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
How do you guys feel about the Reptile vs Liu Kang MU? I'd say 5-5 or 5.5-4.5 for Liu. Liu doesn't have the nest pressure in the game, but it shouldn't be thrown to the side. Zoning? I guess whoever gets the momentum first, i've outzoned Reptile before, but it could've been a one time thing.
Thoughts?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
How do you guys feel about the Reptile vs Liu Kang MU? I'd say 5-5 or 5.5-4.5 for Liu. Liu doesn't have the nest pressure in the game, but it shouldn't be thrown to the side. Zoning? I guess whoever gets the momentum first, i've outzoned Reptile before, but it could've been a one time thing.
Thoughts?
5.1-4.9(lol) kang's favor

At fullscreen reptile is helpless, but upclose he can do some work.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
5.1-4.9(lol) kang's favor

At fullscreen reptile is helpless, but upclose he can do some work.
Haha, yea. I main Reptile as well. I should've mentioned Rep's pressure. I think he'd give Liu a hard time just out of f12 range. I only say that cause that's where Liu doesn't want you to be. It's within Elbow Dash range, so iafb is a no-go, jump over low and high fireballs. I don't know what Reptile could do, I wouldn't throw any forceballs in fear of a jp. A blocked Elbow Dash can be punished. I doubt anyone would slide.
I'm no pro, and this is all theory. Please correct me if anything is wrong.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
After playing Death and Riu48, I can honestly say Reptile's worst matchup is Sonya, but it's far from being that bad.

Mileena is extremely manageable. Death had more problems using Mileena than Sonya...considering Death is one of the best Mileena players out there, that says a lot. The jailing scenario really only comes into factor when you are just zoning with Reptile. Getting past sais is too easy lol...duck then dash. Play vs her on a fundamental level and it's really not that bad at all.

Sonya's a bitch, but you can't overly commit to one particular playstyle. She'll kill you if you try to.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
After playing Death and Riu48, I can honestly say Reptile's worst matchup is Sonya, but it's far from being that bad.

Mileena is extremely manageable. Death had more problems using Mileena than Sonya...considering Death is one of the best Mileena players out there, that says a lot. The jailing scenario really only comes into factor when you are just zoning with Reptile. Getting past sais is too easy lol...duck then dash. Play vs her on a fundamental level and it's really not that bad at all.

Sonya's a bitch, but you can't overly commit to one particular playstyle. She'll kill you if you try to.
I agree with you on both characters lol. Mileena, meh Sonya OMGWTF!!! haha. I have a question for you about the Mileena MU though, also since he is the source of the question @Detroitballin313 Pig keeps saying constantly that every time he does an ex telekick against Detroit's Reptile he would block it low, and then do d4 or d1 (he couldn't remember which) into Ex ffb. Any pointers on that? It just doesn't sound like something that would be very timing friendly or consistent lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I honestly have zero pointers for that lol.

I know it's a punish, but because of how weird crouch block is, I don't find it reliable enough.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I honestly have zero pointers for that lol.

I know it's a punish, but because of how weird crouch block is, I don't find it reliable enough.
I felt the same, but Pig has been swearing on his life it is haha. Thanks man.

The thing about this game is the block stun varies depends on when you release block. Its not even worth wasting the meter that might miss (d1 will hit, but fb will wiff). Honestly wait till she lands and do 321 ah block string building meter and chip would be better and safer.